PDA

View Full Version : Is it still interstate transportation if...

tangent4ronpaul
07-31-2009, 10:34 PM
you're on a private LAN/WAN but one of the attached computers is or can attach to the Internet? Or you have to connect to a portal to access the Internet.

Just a hypothetical - say maybe you have a LAN in your house or school and are gaming and one of the participants flashes their tits at another player via webcam. Did a felony just occur?

What about if she just flashes them in person, but it's picked up, unintentionally by a webcam and broadcast.

Now think about all those surveillance cameras that are probably attached to a network that is attached to the internet... say a couple outside a night club district (where there are probably a few girls that are not quite 18, but the bouncers may not look that close if they look old enough and are flirty..., or a high school, and...

Reason I ask is that I was thinking about 10th amendment rights and the firearms thing and what the feds consider "interstate commerce". You know - that whole power grab. That and the cars.gov thing... I guess they think of it that way for the phone system too - local call, but it's attached to LD lines.

Speaking of which - since all our phones and computers are networked through government monitoring points (wire/datatapping) does that mean the government OWNS all our computers and the data on them - like the cars.gov link said? - is that what that is all about?

Totally creepy!

-t

cradle2graveconservative
07-31-2009, 10:37 PM
Edit

eduardo89
07-31-2009, 10:40 PM
Why are you asking :p

tangent4ronpaul
07-31-2009, 10:44 PM
Why are you asking :p

I don't know about your part of the world but we are surveillance camera city here. That and how things like that cars.gov notice could be perverted to saying the government owns all your data and come search any file on any computer you have anytime they want... just wondering that cars.gov thing was creepy - and thinking the direction the police state is going. Implied conset in fine print if you use communication devices, etc.

-t

eduardo89
07-31-2009, 10:46 PM
No need to tell me about cctv.,.i lived in london and had 16 cameras on my block alone!

tangent4ronpaul
07-31-2009, 10:49 PM
Lets rephrase - it's a states rights vs federal power thing. 10th amendment. the feds have come down saying that any data transmitted on the internet is in interstate commerce. just as they have said any firearms are assumed to be in interstate commerce and any food grown and sold is assumed to be in interstate commerce. It's about their power grab and how that might be fought.

-t

eduardo89
07-31-2009, 10:51 PM
Well as long as the courts continue to side with the feds the power grabs will keep on coming...sadly...

tangent4ronpaul
08-01-2009, 02:13 AM
blimp....