PDA

View Full Version : Federal Reserve ignorance on Bill Maher tonight

Eric21ND
07-31-2009, 08:59 PM
Ron Paul was mentioned as was Elliot Spitzer. The painful thing was this Harvard Professor professing how wonderful it was we had the Fed to prevent this depression and a guy like Bernanke at the helm. :mad:

YouTube - Bill Maher And His Audience Ignorant About The Federal Reserve (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMKFZTrFmdc)

Eric21ND
07-31-2009, 09:01 PM
Youtube video pending...although it might make you headbutt your computer screen.

FSP-Rebel
07-31-2009, 09:02 PM
Ron Paul was mentioned as was Elliot Spitzer. The painful thing was this Harvard Professor professing of wonderful it was we had the Fed to prevent this depression and a guy like Bernanke at the helm. :mad:
It's such a rip-off to pay bu-ko bucks to go to Harvard and then get teachers like that.

Eric21ND
07-31-2009, 09:07 PM
Actually if you HBO the replay is being shown now...if you have it

Eric21ND
07-31-2009, 09:18 PM
It's such a rip-off to pay bu-ko bucks to go to Harvard and then get teachers like that.
The kicker is he wrote this book.

http://www.ebooknetworking.com/books/159/420/big1594201927.jpg

Lord Xar
07-31-2009, 09:29 PM
bill maher is a piece of shit shill.

Eric21ND
07-31-2009, 09:34 PM
I kinda like Bill, but he's totally ignorant of econmics.

Brian Defferding
07-31-2009, 09:49 PM
Bill Maher is no libertarian, but her certainly pays lip service to libertarian causes.

At any rate, fuck that Harvard guy. He doesn't truly understand the Fed if that's what he honestly believes. And he doesn't care for personal choice and responsibility.

akforme
07-31-2009, 11:22 PM
The problem I have with bill is he divides people. His bitch is government would be great if the GOP didn't exsist. That all the problems in America come from the right.

That and he totally lied about Ron Paul. He said he liked him up until he found out he was against the civil war... but he found that out the first time he had him on. Somebody got to him.

specsaregood
07-31-2009, 11:27 PM
That and he totally lied about Ron Paul. He said he liked him up until he found out he was against the civil war... but he found that out the first time he had him on. Somebody got to him.

The funny thing about that civil war bit is that it made a whole bunch of people think about it differently for the first time. Some people thought it hurt RP; but it didn't. I had a lot of people that I told to watch it say to me, "Wow! I never thought about it like that before; you mean we might have ended slavery without having a war?!" It was in reality one of those powerful but understated Ron Paul moments.....

MRoCkEd
08-01-2009, 04:59 AM
The funny thing about that civil war bit is that it made a whole bunch of people think about it differently for the first time. Some people thought it hurt RP; but it didn't. I had a lot of people that I told to watch it say to me, "Wow! I never thought about it like that before; you mean we might have ended slavery without having a war?!" It was in reality one of those powerful but understated Ron Paul moments.....
Maybe if Maher would do some damn research instead of reading the DailyKos talking points..

DL Hughley was on the show when Ron Paul mentioned we shouldn't have fought the war. As a black man, he was like "well I'm sure glad we fought it!" But after thinking about it, he called Ron Paul's solution of just buying the slaves and freeing them the most practical solution he had heard.

ClayTrainor
08-01-2009, 07:17 AM
I kinda like Bill, but he's totally ignorant of econmics.

my thoughts exactly.

He's a great comedian but, I have some rather strong disagreements when he asserts some of his opinions.

mrchubbs
08-01-2009, 07:26 AM
My feelings on Maher are directly in line with how some people feel about Glenn Beck around here. I'd take Beck over Maher any day.

Enjoy.

Chester Copperpot
08-01-2009, 07:30 AM
My feelings on Maher are directly in line with how some people feel about Glenn Beck around here. I'd take Beck over Maher any day.

Enjoy.

i call my doggy mr chubbs sometimes

http://cdn-www.dailypuppy.com/media/dogs/anonymous/Teddy_Welsh_Corgi_01.jpg_w450.jpg

Eric21ND
08-01-2009, 07:41 AM
YouTube - Bill Maher And His Audience Ignorant About The Federal Reserve (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMKFZTrFmdc)

mrchubbs
08-01-2009, 07:54 AM

http://cdn-www.dailypuppy.com/media/dogs/anonymous/Teddy_Welsh_Corgi_01.jpg_w450.jpg

Much cuter than me. :-)

Working Poor
08-01-2009, 07:56 AM
I noticed that Rachel sat there like a bump and said nothing I guess she was charmed by the guys accent or something.

Eric21ND
08-01-2009, 08:03 AM
I noticed that Rachel sat there like a bump and said nothing I guess she was charmed by the guys accent or something.
I think its the standard liberal response...bow down to any Harvard type and kiss their ass.

What I don't get about Maher is he acknowledges his ignorance, which is nice I give him credit for admitting that, but why not get those guys on your show to explain it, namely Spitzer and Ron Paul? Or even better get Thomas E. Woods or Peter Schiff.

Working Poor
08-01-2009, 08:13 AM
I hope some people from here will log in to youtube and make a comment.

Eric21ND
08-01-2009, 08:54 AM
Rate the video and favorite also.

itshappening
08-01-2009, 09:00 AM
Niall Ferguson what an idiot, those crazy people on the Hill who represent the American people!

NYgs23
08-01-2009, 10:36 AM
Sounds like they were mainly applauding Ferguson's line about how we can't leave monetary policy up to Congress. That's the line these guys take. Congress can control your healthcare, energy system, the budget, education, but with monetary policy, they'd better not even PEEK behind the curtain! But when you pose it as: "Heck, you wouldn't want those clowns on Capitol Hill controlling your money!" Well, heck no! *clap clap clap* Maher and the others were to ignorant (and they knew so) to respond to any of Ferguson's argument; he might as well have been arguing about the merits of string theory to them.

BenIsForRon
08-01-2009, 10:37 AM
Maddow, what the fuck? You've talked about this bill with Paul! Stand up for it!

BenIsForRon
08-01-2009, 10:38 AM
he might as well have been arguing about the merits of string theory to them.

haha

Working Poor
08-01-2009, 11:01 AM
Maddow, what the fuck? You've talked about this bill with Paul! Stand up for it!

This...

Dreamofunity
08-01-2009, 11:34 AM
It's funny how he rails against Greenspan and then praised Bernanke for doing practically the same thing - keeping interest rates low.

satchelmcqueen
08-01-2009, 02:38 PM
so basically the guys talking in the vid admit they have no clue what the fed does, but it will be a bad thing if pauls bill passes.

we need to e bomb bills show and get him to have paul on for an hour and explain things to him....if bill has the guts.

MyLibertyStuff
08-01-2009, 04:46 PM
...emmm the fed let lehman fail...?

not that any of this guys stuff is right but that kinda stood out to me

Knightskye
08-01-2009, 06:38 PM
Actually, Bill Maher said he didn't know what the Fed was.

We need an austrian economist on there to educate him.

Imperial
08-01-2009, 07:19 PM
woah! Niall Ferguson? I read the Ascent of Money, it had some good stuff.

He also wrote a huge book about the House of Rothschild. He's got some good ideas although he is definitely not perfect.

BuddyRey
08-01-2009, 11:22 PM

Corgis are my very favorite dogs! :D

Bman
08-01-2009, 11:32 PM
I dare Bill to bring that guy back and have Ron Paul or Peter Schiff on at the same time.

RonPaulwillWin
08-02-2009, 12:27 AM
I like his view on religion but I cringe every time I hear him say that deregulation was a major part of our economic problems.

scoot87
08-02-2009, 12:55 AM
my take from the video. I watched Niall's special on PBS on the Ascent of Money and it was very informative. I think it's on youtube somewhere. Didn't realize he had this position on the Fed, but oh well. I am somewhat annoyed at the dumb groupthink mantra of the audience that blindly applauds any positive comment about obama or any liberal position on a social or political issue. The crows has no understanding of the Fed, yet they can clap and support what Niall says because it feels a good thing to support. I just wish people in society could be more critical thinkers rather than just partisan zombies that feed off of anything that supports their beliefs and bash anything that conflicts with their beliefs.

scoot87
08-02-2009, 12:58 AM
Maher's show caters much to the liberal crowd and I wish he was more open minded. I don't mind him expressing his opinions and beliefs, but at least give others the ability to express a rational understanding of the other point of view. Seeing every guest either ignorant or supporting the Federal Reserve does a disservice to those who wants both sides to the issue. There needs to be more diverse amount of guests with different political philosophies. It would be a more enriching show imo.

Eric21ND
08-02-2009, 03:52 AM
Actually, Bill Maher said he didn't know what the Fed was.

We need an austrian economist on there to educate him.
We should do an email bomb to get Thomas E. Woods on his show and set him straight, or Peter Schiff.

Eric21ND
08-02-2009, 03:56 AM
I dare Bill to bring that guy back and have Ron Paul or Peter Schiff on at the same time.
The thing I hate the most is that Maher always has the same establishment Bush republican apologists on his show. I think that grumpy guy in the corner was supposed to be the "conservative" on the panel and he didn't no shit about anything.

Can we get some intellectual conservatives on the show for a change, damn!