PDA

View Full Version : Cnn Running Second 100 Days Special Thursday

Give me liberty
07-31-2009, 07:22 PM
On Next Thursday (August 6th)
http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/cnn/cnn_running_second_100_days_special_thursday_12309 4.asp

Cnn is givining Obama an report card review two horus special:rolleyes:

and you can vote how obama did in the lower link.

Just a heads up.

TCE
07-31-2009, 08:09 PM
http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/cnn/cnn_running_second_100_days_special_thursday_12309 4.asp

Just a heads up.

This poll would actually mean something to storm.

Dianne
07-31-2009, 08:30 PM
All I heard from CNN the past three weeks is running "Black in America"... Like you and me are Harvard Law School graduates.... dumb as a post and believing there are 60 states in the USA. And crying uncle when some police office comes to save your a** .... And the President of the USA..... comes to your defense without any knowledge of the circumstances.

Face it..... there is a retard in the oval office...just like the one before... George Bushit. My god.... can anyone save this country from total retards governing?

FSP-Rebel
07-31-2009, 08:42 PM
This poll would actually mean something to storm.
Yes, let's. Everyone, tell your friends, family and facebook homies. The poll starts on Sunday afternoon. And plz, comment the sh*t outta that article.

zach
07-31-2009, 08:57 PM
Yeah, why is CNN doing "Black in America?"

Where's White in America, Where's Latino in America, Where's Midget in America..

Standing Like A Rock
07-31-2009, 11:07 PM
SO where is the link to the voting? We need to be out in full force in the polls.

IamPersistent
07-31-2009, 11:11 PM

Where's White in America, Where's Latino in America, Where's Midget in America..
Actually, I think they are going to do a Latino in America. http://www.multichannel.com/article/263662-CNN_Plans_Latino_Documentary.php

BlackTerrel
08-01-2009, 03:12 PM

White in America would be the norm... it would be the equivalent of doing "Heterosexual in America" or "people who aren't OCD in America" .."People of average weight in America".

0zzy
08-01-2009, 03:31 PM
Actually, I think they are going to do a Latino in America. http://www.multichannel.com/article/263662-CNN_Plans_Latino_Documentary.php

They are doing "Black in America 2"

I wonder if that's going to be before "First 100 Days 2"

Damn, first hollywood has no original ideas,and now cable tv is just making sequels!

AutoDas
08-01-2009, 03:37 PM
White in America would be the norm... it would be the equivalent of doing "Heterosexual in America" or "people who aren't OCD in America" .."People of average weight in America".

Or just people who don't have a victim mentality. Oh woe is me. :rolleyes:

BlackTerrel
08-01-2009, 05:29 PM
Or just people who don't have a victim mentality. Oh woe is me. :rolleyes:

The experience of being black in America is different than the experience of being another race in America. That's how it is.

I'm not going to watch this special but I understand why someone would be interested in that subject.

clb09
08-01-2009, 05:57 PM
Although I think the "Black in America" programming idea is stupid:

1) The first one must have had great ratings and you know what counts in the "news" business, right?

2) 85% of the complete history of American television is "White in America"...let's face it! ;)

literatim
08-01-2009, 06:05 PM
The experience of being black in America is different than the experience of being another race in America. That's how it is.

I'm not going to watch this special but I understand why someone would be interested in that subject.

It certainly is a different experience.

A Conversation About Race (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1084394769627714346&ei=Bdt0SoXzJ6XSrQLfwuwz&q=conversation+about+race)

kahless
08-01-2009, 06:23 PM

Just a heads up.

Considering all the times I have posted to CNN's site and have yet had any of my Conservative-Libertarian leaning messages make it past moderation I seriously doubt their credibility in allowing disapproval in any such poll. I am sure they will rig some of the poll for the purposes of credibility.

I doubt this is CNN's direct policy however I believe either thier IT people have an agenda or this is "group think". (the issue where employees believe they are doing what management wants considering the liberal-progressive atmosphere at the network, i.e. squashing Conservative-Libertarian views in favor of progressive-liberal views)

AutoDas
08-01-2009, 08:40 PM

The experience of being yellow, green, purple in America is different than the experience of being another race in America. That's how it is.

Standing Like A Rock
08-02-2009, 12:25 AM
Lets stay on focus in this thread please.

BlackTerrel
08-02-2009, 03:33 AM
The experience of being yellow, green, purple in America is different than the experience of being another race in America. That's how it is.

Exactly. Which is why I don't see why someone would object to a special called "black in America".

I haven't seen it (and probably won't). So it's possible it sucks. But I don't see why anyone would object to the idea anymore than they would a special about people who are blind, or people who have OCD, or people who are obese etc. It's a different experience than the average.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
08-02-2009, 03:36 AM
good to see the racism officer is back on duty.

Mrs.Joe
08-02-2009, 09:27 AM
I dont object to any special they want to put on tv, I just dont see the need for it. Everyone talks about equality and all of that, how can that ever come to be if everyone always points out how different we are?

AutoDas
08-02-2009, 05:06 PM
Exactly. Which is why I don't see why someone would object to a special called "black in America".

I haven't seen it (and probably won't). So it's possible it sucks. But I don't see why anyone would object to the idea anymore than they would a special about people who are blind, or people who have OCD, or people who are obese etc. It's a different experience than the average.

My point is color is not a race. But you seem to think people experience life through their skin color.

BlackTerrel
08-02-2009, 06:24 PM
I dont object to any special they want to put on tv, I just dont see the need for it. Everyone talks about equality and all of that, how can that ever come to be if everyone always points out how different we are?

I think the idea is not to discriminate. To treat people equally and to judge people on their character - not on the color of their skin. I don't think it means we pretend like race does not exist and the first couple hundred years of the country didn't happen.

That's at least the way I see it.