PDA

View Full Version : Republican Presidential Debate Thursday on RonPaulRadio.com with FWM

Bradley in DC
09-26-2007, 07:47 AM
Hey! I have a request for everyone to please spread the word (and a big shout out to DjLoTi! ;) and the rest of the forum members here contributing to make this a success behind the scenes.):

Free World Media got press credentials to broadcast our commentary at the debate tomorrow night. Tune into the Republican debate at Morgan State University--video courtesy of PBS and audio commentary courtesy of Free World Media broadcast over RonPaulRadio.com!

Commentators during the debate include Bradley Jansen (Center for Financial Privacy and Human Rights), Charles Frohman (Center for the Common Interest) and Keith Halderman (Center for Constitutional Drug Policies).

Additional commentary and analysis from the rest of the Liberty and Privacy Network team including Bretigne Shaffer (Free World Media), James Plummer (Big Brother Watch) and Rick Sincere (Center for the Study of Electoral Integrity).

In addition to debate and "spin room" coverage, we will have a crew interviewing audience members and the expected crowd of demonstrators and supporters outside.

james1844
09-26-2007, 08:41 AM
Yes. I'll be there! bump!

Zydeco
09-26-2007, 08:44 AM
Ron gets big bumps in traffic and donations after each debate, and this one will be no different.

DjLoTi
09-26-2007, 09:52 AM
Yo, we are going to be hooking this up people!!! PBS is not going to be as cool as us!

recess
09-26-2007, 10:15 AM
Does anyone know if there is any pre or post debate rallys planned?

Bryan
09-26-2007, 10:17 AM
Sounds great! Is there going to be a way for people to call in after the coverage, interviews and all to ask questions to the commentators?

Bradley in DC
09-26-2007, 10:53 AM
Sounds great! Is there going to be a way for people to call in after the coverage, interviews and all to ask questions to the commentators?

Troublemaker...let me pass this on to the technical crew. We will be following the chat room on the RonPaulRadio.com site. I suspect that rather than calling in, we could ask the wannabe callers to submit questions via a dedicated chat forum or something.

Bradley in DC
09-26-2007, 10:54 AM
Does anyone know if there is any pre or post debate rallys planned?

The greater metro Meetup Groups have plans. I'm not sure exactly what the plans are, but, yes, there will be supporters there inside and out. We aim to cover those as well.

Bradley in DC
09-26-2007, 04:09 PM

We would not have the abilty for people to call in live, but they would be able to relay questions via the chat on RonPaulRadio.com. (this from the tech guy)

Please forward this message to your local Meetup groups and post on Craigslist, etc.!

slantedview
09-26-2007, 04:34 PM
sweet! i'm there.

mdh
09-26-2007, 07:27 PM
So I'm here in DC... getting all of the systems ready to roll.

Anyone else here going to be there? We'll have live broadcasters interviewing people outside, so see if you can find them. :)

Bradley in DC
09-26-2007, 11:11 PM
We got press credentials to the "spin room" as well, so if you post your questions here suggesting what you'd like us to ask and to whom, we can have that handy. No promises though.. :)

DjLoTi
09-26-2007, 11:19 PM
whoa is this hooked up or what? lol

speciallyblend
09-26-2007, 11:24 PM
Will be listening Thursday,cant wait:)

mdh
09-27-2007, 09:00 AM
We are packing up the gear now to head up to Baltimore. I'll be on the ronpaulradio.com live chat, but probably not very responsive most of the time as I'll be busy. To sign on, visit http://www.ronpaulradio.com/ and click on the live chat link.

mdh
09-27-2007, 11:57 AM
Bump as I leave for Baltimore.

Bradley in DC
09-27-2007, 12:50 PM
The first crew is on their way to Baltimore to set up and look for demonstrators who are, I believe, already there outside. The second crew leaves DC for Baltimore in an hour. Basically, we leave here as they arrive...

constituent
09-27-2007, 12:56 PM
Great Job folks!!!! DJ, MDH, Bradley.... all the best to ya tonight!!

show PBS how event coverage gets done (better by private citizens)!!!!!

john_anderson_ii
09-27-2007, 12:58 PM
What time does the debate air?

Bradley in DC
09-27-2007, 01:07 PM
What time does the debate air?

The debate starts at 9 pm and goes until 10.30 pm (Eastern), but RonPaulRadio.com coverage should start a few hours before that.

Bradley in DC
09-27-2007, 04:10 PM
Several us from the Free World Media crew have arrived. We're setting up equipment, taking turns running to change, get something to eat, etc.

A few small anecdotal experiences that might interest the group:

One, literally as I'm walking out the door trying to beat rush hour and get up here early for all of the preparations, the phone is ringing off the hook: Bretigne with last minute communications, Matt (who left an hour or so before me and Kyle) calls to tell us not to go the way we planned because of traffic on the BW Parkway, and then one more call; at this point I'm thinking I won't answer as I have to leave but since my mobile phone is busted, I figure I should take the call--it was Ron Paul himself...

Two, on the drive around the Morgan State University trying to follow all of the signs for media registration, etc., we encounter Ron Paul signs everywhere with enthusiastic supporters waving many of them in different locations. One can't go anywhere here without encountering them.

Bradley in DC
09-27-2007, 04:14 PM
Charlie Frohman here, "yogilib" on the chat room for ronpaulradio.com; ready to comment on the debate

Bradley in DC
09-27-2007, 04:18 PM
I'm (Charlie) already sad that the debate wont' present libertarian topics probably, that would be so helpful to the minority community - ending the Drug War, repealing regulations to ease startups, freeing schooling to give kids a better experience, allowing free banking to stablize and cheapen credit prices, etc.