PDA

View Full Version : Did Anyone Listen to Pat Gray this Morning?

Brock Landers
09-26-2007, 07:31 AM
He was ripping on Ron yet again. Either my tuning-in late, or his incoherence, led to my misunderstanding what the hell he was talking about....something about some vote in the house regarding stopping spending on something (I think it was related to Ahmenijad somehow). And Pat Gray said Ron came out on the side in FAVOR of more spending? Of course he spent more time berating Ron Paul than explaining WHY he was berating him.

Anyway, it ended with a ridiculous rendition of Elton John's "Rocket Man", though of course it was "Ron Paul Man" instead. Now the tune's gonna be stuck in my head all day, and I still don't know what bill he was talking about. Even with a little looking around on this forum and the house website, I can't find what he was talking about. Anyone have any idea? Thanks.

MsDoodahs
09-26-2007, 07:52 AM
Who the heck is Pat Gray?

Chester Copperpot
09-26-2007, 07:58 AM
Who the heck is Pat Gray?

i think hes one of the 2 fucks from voice over texas.. ed hendy being the other>?

If thats who he is, then hes gotta be the rudest fucking guy for ron paul really.. just yelling on the radio and all sorts of nonsense like that

Brock Landers
09-26-2007, 08:12 AM
He's a radio talk show host in Houston.

His wiki says he's Glen Beck's best friend.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Gray

Ron Paul has been the butt of every one of Pay Gray's jokes for the last few weeks. Now dedicating an entire song's worth of time to make fun of Ron Paul supporters....ridiculous.

My new policy is to listen to as much of his radio show as I can stand, while avoiding every commercial break (screw his sponsors), just to try to figure out why he is so focused on hating Ron Paul. It still boggles my mind, and I still can't figure out why he was ranting and singing this morning.

Here's the first part of an interview with Ron Paul on Pat Gray's show, from a couple months ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eidhI7BDQM

Mitt Romneys sideburns
09-26-2007, 08:16 AM
He rails on Ron Paul EVERY DAY.

Whats worse, is the kind of people who listen to him, and leave comments on his website's blog. Check out some of these:

"I just saw a woman in full burka in HEB on Westheimer and Kirkwood. This depresses me to no end. I always want to go and ask them if they know they are not in the Middle East any more, that we don't do that in this country. But if I did, the woman would only get beaten by her husband if he saw her talking to an infidel. Last week, I saw a woman covered from head to toe, yet her spouse or minder or whoever, was wearing jeans and a plaid shirt. Looking around nervously, too, I noticed. I just kept my eyes on him, but nothing happened, they left the store. He could have been a suicide bomber, and I wouldn't be here right now."

"Holocaust literally means "Ron Paul will destroy America.""

"Perhaps if we do get into some sort of police state or war situation on our own turf it may be our saving grace--if it doesn't wipe us out. Survival of the fittest usually rules in hard times, and those who have consistently refused to work or contribute will not be tolerated in this climate."

Reading stuff like this makes me really question our education system.

Brock Landers
09-26-2007, 08:33 AM
I'm pretty sure this is the one he was talking about, since he mentioned Nick Lampson and Ted Poe didn't vote on it, and the number of yays is in the range that Pat was saying. Also, this is the only Iran-related bill I can find from yesterday.

Pat had me under the impression that it had something to do with spending, and that Ron was on the wrong side. How disingenuous of Pat. I guess he just needed an intro for his Ron Paul Man song (seriously, that thing was crazy....talking about how his philosophies must have originated on Mars, etc.).

Oh well, this just adds to proof in my mental database that Pat Gray is a jackass.

IRAN COUNTER-PROLIFERATION ACT OF 2007 -- (House of Representatives - September 25, 2007)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My commitment to ending Iran's nuclear weapons program is one of the reasons I was an early cosponsor of the Iran Counter Proliferation Act of 2007. H.R. 1400 is important legislation that would prevent nuclear cooperation between the United States and any country that provides nuclear assistance to Iran as well as support diplomatic and economic means to resolve the Iranian nuclear problem. It would also expand bilateral sanctions against Iran by severely limiting the export of U.S. items to Iran and by prohibiting all imports. Additionally, H.R. 1400 calls for enhanced UN Security Council efforts in response to Iran's continued defiance of the

[Page: H10773] GPO's PDFinternational community. Finally, it is important to note that the bill specifically states that the administration cannot interpret anything in the legislation as a congressional authorization of a military strike on Iran.
Earlier this year, the House passed the Iran Sanctions Enabling Act of 2007, H.R. 2347. This legislation which I also supported would authorize State and local governments to divest from, and prevent investment in, companies with financial ties to Iran's energy sector, or that sell arms to the Government of Iran, and financial institutions that extend credit to the Government of Iran.

H.R. 1400 is logical next step to ensure that the United States does everything in our power to prevent Iran from becoming a nuclear state and further destabilizing the Middle East. I urge my colleagues to support this vital legislation.

Mr. PAUL. Mr. Speaker, I rise in strongest opposition to this curiously-timed legislation which continues to beat the drums for war against Iran. It is interesting that this legislation was not scheduled for a vote this week, but appeared on the schedule at the last minute after a controversial speech by Iran's President at Columbia University.

The House has obviously learned nothing at all from the Iraq debacle. In 2002, Congress voted to abrogate its Constitutional obligation to declare war and instead transfer that authority to the President. Many of my colleagues have expressed regrets over their decision to transfer this authority to the President, yet this legislation is Iraq all over again. Some have plausibly claimed that the move in this legislation to designate the Iranian military as a foreign terrorist organization is an attempt to signal to the President that he already has authority under previous resolutions to initiate force against Iran. We should recall that language specifically requiring the President to return to Congress before initiating any strike on Iran was removed from legislation by House leadership this year.

In expanding sanctions against Iran and against foreign businesses and countries that do business with Iran, we are hurting the American economy and moving the country closer to war. After all, sanctions are a form of warfare against a nation; and, if anyone has forgotten Cuba, sanctions never achieve the stated goals.

This legislation authorizes millions more dollars to identify and support young Iranians to come to the United States. Does anyone believe that we are assisting political opposition to the current Iranian regime by singling Iranians out for U.S. support? How would Americans react if the Chinese government were funding U.S. students to come to China to learn how to overthrow the U.S. government? This move is a counterproductive waste of U.S. taxpayer dollars.

The march to war with Iraq was preceded with numerous bills similar to H.R. 1400. No one should be fooled: supporters of this legislation are aiming the same outcome for Iran. I strongly urge a ``no'' vote on this bill.
[End Insert]

Ms. ROS-LEHTINEN. Mr. Speaker, I again thank the chairman, Mr. Lantos.

Mr. Speaker, I have no further requests for time, and I yield back the balance of my time.

Mr. LANTOS. Mr. Speaker, I yield back the balance of my time.

The SPEAKER pro tempore. The question is on the motion offered by the gentleman from California (Mr. Lantos) that the House suspend the rules and pass the bill, H.R. 1400, as amended.

The question was taken.

The SPEAKER pro tempore. In the opinion of the Chair, two-thirds being in the affirmative, the ayes have it.

Mr. LANTOS. Mr. Speaker, on that I demand the yeas and nays.

The yeas and nays were ordered.

The SPEAKER pro tempore. Pursuant to clause 8 of rule XX, this 15-minute vote on the motion to suspend the rules on H.R. 1400 will be followed by 5-minute votes on motions to suspend the rules postponed yesterday in the following order:

H. Res. 584, by the yeas and nays;

H. Con. Res. 210, by the yeas and nays;

H. Res. 663, by the yeas and nays.

The vote was taken by electronic device, and there were--yeas 397, nays 16, not voting 19, as follows:

[Roll No. 895]
YEAS--397

Chester Copperpot
09-26-2007, 08:43 AM
so they passed that piece of shit bill... RP is right once again.. the 'new' congress has not learned anything

Mr. White
09-26-2007, 08:44 AM
Well said RP

LibertyEagle
09-26-2007, 09:08 AM
I can't believe these idiots. Attack Iran for WHAT? The IAEA says they are complying. Are we going to do this because Israel wants us to???

This is pure craziness!!! Our country is broke, if for no other reason.

jacmicwag
09-26-2007, 09:25 AM
There is some method to the madness but who knows exactly what. I don't think our esteemed Neocons are as dumb as they appear. It still may all be a dance to just scare the opposition and nothing more. Like always - there is nothing straightforward in their world.

Brock Landers
09-27-2007, 10:08 PM
Check out this link, and download the second (2nd) hour of the 9/26/07 Show. Then start listening around 14:30.

The song starts around 20:20....it's almost sad how hokey the song is.

http://www.patgray.com/content/blogcategory/11/30/

They are totally full of it.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
09-27-2007, 10:17 PM
He says hes a Duncan Hunter supporter:

"Duncan Hunter is the only candidate who perceives the world around us in the stark reality that it is. The modern world is hardly a playground, and we won't survive as a country unless our leaders start standing-up to its Leftists and dictators. "

EvilTwinkie
09-27-2007, 10:51 PM
...This makes me sick.

If we are to believe that Iran takes its Religion so seriously as to execute homosexuals under Sharia Law, then why wouldnt they also take THIS seriously:

"Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has issued a fatwa saying the production, stockpiling and use of nuclear weapons was forbidden under Islam. The fatwa was cited in an official statement by the Iranian government at an August 2005 meeting of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) in Vienna.[40]"

Last I checked, Ahmadinejad doenst hold all the power in Iran, the Ayatollah is the Supreme leader of iran.

Brock Landers
09-28-2007, 07:49 AM
Bump for the morning people....listen to the song (at 20:20) referenced in my post last night to see the idiocy we're up against.

OptionsTrader
09-28-2007, 09:10 AM
I used to listen to Pat Gray last year, what the hell was I thinking?

jj111
09-28-2007, 09:25 AM
Ignore the idiots. There are millions of reasonable Americans who have still never heard about Ron Paul. Keep up the work and spread the word to the good people in this nation.

Brock Landers
09-28-2007, 09:30 AM
I used to listen to Pat Gray last year, what the hell was I thinking?

I used to as well....and I don't think we were necessarily wrong for doing so. He and Hendee SEEM to be for lower taxes, less government spending (except 'Defense'), border security, stopping the NAU, etc., etc.

But they are so focused on Iran as the next great threat to humanity (don't look back now...Iraq looks a lot less threatening in the rear-view mirror), and don't give credit to Ron Paul for ANYTHING, all because they disagree with his foreign policy. When they hammered him on not single-handedly lowering taxes and government spending, I realized they are completely illogical. They didn't PRAISE him for doing his darndest to buck the trend in Washinton, they told him he should just quit since he's obviously ineffective at lowering spending/taxes. And then they complain about two-faced politicians, and give Ron no credit at all for his consistent and clear positions. And then they write whole songs making fun of him, and spend weeks using him as the butt of their jokes? No thanks, I can find more consistent radio programming.

Also, I find their explanations about the bill in the afrementioned clip as misleading. They present it as Ron Paul, voting to not stop government spending in Iran, and then later they present it as having to do with government SANCTIONS on private spending. Based on the first explanation they act like this is some giant conflict with Paul's position on lower gov't spending, when really it's all CONSISTENT with his position on FREE TRADE.

I've come to the conclusion that they are either idiots or purposefully misleading their listeners. Either way I hope their misdeeds are not forgotten when Ron is elected president.

(OT) p.s.-any good options trades today? I bought some GSS JAN08 2.50 Calls yesterday at 1.50, and I'm already liking that trade. Any recs? TIA

kickzman
09-28-2007, 09:43 AM
...This makes me sick.

If we are to believe that Iran takes its Religion so seriously as to execute homosexuals under Sharia Law, then why wouldnt they also take THIS seriously:

"Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has issued a fatwa saying the production, stockpiling and use of nuclear weapons was forbidden under Islam. The fatwa was cited in an official statement by the Iranian government at an August 2005 meeting of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) in Vienna.[40]"

Last I checked, Ahmadinejad doenst hold all the power in Iran, the Ayatollah is the Supreme leader of iran.

Maybe cuz the nuclear weapons don't exist?? Just like the WMD's??? What makes me sick is that ppl don't understand that the media puts lies like these out there to make us agree subconsciously to going to war with another country...Even though we all are dead set against the last one....

OptionsTrader
09-28-2007, 09:51 AM
(OT) p.s.-any good options trades today? I bought some GSS JAN08 2.50 Calls yesterday at 1.50, and I'm already liking that trade. Any recs? TIA

Off topic:

Don't ever be tempted by low dollar stock prices. If you want a miner, I'd go with ABX. Interestingly, so does RP btw ($100-$250k of stock as of March 2007, probably $300-$400k by now due to appreciation)...

Smart politician. Smart investor.