PDA

View Full Version : Should all the "birther" stuff go to the Hot Topics subforum?

sevin
07-30-2009, 10:23 PM
To clarify, I myself will vote "Maybe." What do you guys think?

South Park Fan
07-30-2009, 10:25 PM
Yeah. We don't need to scare away people with this nonsense.

Yieu
07-30-2009, 10:27 PM
Yeah. We don't need to scare away people with this nonsense.

I was just thinking it's about time they go there myself.

BenIsForRon
07-30-2009, 10:29 PM
It's getting very redundant at this point. And I don't see any legitimate websites carrying this story. I do not consider WND legitimate.

fedup100
07-30-2009, 10:29 PM
Yeah what a unique idea, all internet site's and forums got the memo yesterday to shelve the topic., the sheep are to damned dumb to save anyway.

The muslim freak with a Presidential platform of one word "change", will have his way with what is left of this country and it's people and most on this "liberty" forum are just fuckin alright with that.

Paulfan05
07-30-2009, 10:33 PM
This birther stuff needs to end among us Ron Paul people, at this point it only erodes our credibility.

fedup100
07-30-2009, 10:33 PM
It's getting very redundant at this point. And I don't see any legitimate websites carrying this story. I do not consider WND legitimate.

Yeah, those anarchy ones aren't redundant and lets keep the nonsense threads going after all got to keep the crowd distracted while the fake potus sodomizes the constitution.

No credible sites?? They all got the memo yesterday to censor the info from the public.

devil21
07-30-2009, 10:34 PM
I hardly think it's clogging up the forum so much it needs to be banished to Hot Topics. Some may not like the issue being discussed but that doesn't mean it should be hidden from sight.

I think the Hannity forum has the right idea actually (did I just say that?), merge the birther topics into one single thread and make it clear that anything having to do with that issue goes only in that thread. That thread should stay in Gen Pol though. And may I add that their birther thread has 15,000+ posts? I don't see the topic losing us credibility with mainstream Republicans. They are talking about it just as much, if not more, than we are.

fedup100
07-30-2009, 10:37 PM
[QUOTE=Paulfan05;2238273]This birther stuff needs to end among us Ron Paul people, at this point it only erodes our credibility.[/QUOTE

What credibility? This place is nothing more than an unconstitutional obot sucking parking place for the trolls and shills.

Please don't talk to me about credibility when you think a RP so called liberty site is suppose to let the constitution be used as toilet paper at the o residence.

BenIsForRon
07-30-2009, 10:46 PM
He's OUR president now, and we have to get behind him...

http://www.vividvisions.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/obama_superman.jpg

devil21
07-30-2009, 10:49 PM
^^^^
I hope that's a joke. If not, you should be moved to Hot Topics.

Pete
07-31-2009, 12:27 AM
I voted 'no' because I think that there are some serious unresolved issues, but think that the threads should be moved to 'Obama Watch'.

There's been a flurry of activity this past week due to the Cook case and the Fukino announcement, but I don't think it's been out of line.

If the subject disappears from public discussion, then maybe 'Hot Topics' would be more appropriate.

Bman
07-31-2009, 12:37 AM
I put yes, but not because of any validity.

I just think we have bigger things on our plate such as H.R. 1207, S 604, and any Health Care plans they are currently trying to cook up,plus lets not forget about cap and trade.

legion
07-31-2009, 12:42 AM
Yes, of course. That's where all the idiotic conspiracy theories go. Kick it down to the truther dungeon.

South Park Fan
07-31-2009, 12:47 AM
Of all the issues we should be criticizing Obama for (HR 1207, health care, cap-n-trade, bailouts, Afghanistan, food freedom, etc.), why are we focusing on whether he was born here? Do you really think that proving he was born in Kenya is going to reverse everything else?

Bman
07-31-2009, 12:49 AM
Of all the issues we should be criticizing Obama for (HR 1207, health care, cap-n-trade, bailouts, Afghanistan, food freedom, etc.), why are we focusing on whether he was born here? Do you really think that proving he was born in Kenya is going to reverse everything else?

+1

If I was a conspiracy theorist I would start wondering who put this information out and why.

silverhandorder
07-31-2009, 12:54 AM
Birther movement is stupid. All they are is causing is trouble. Whether he is legally qualified or not the only way you are going to get him out is by rebellion. His statist supporters won't back down. I you are going to start an insurrection at least pick an issue that will make a better statement. Like his attacks on individual rights.

anaconda
07-31-2009, 01:02 AM

"Behind Him" to do what , exactly?

anaconda
07-31-2009, 01:59 AM
Birther movement is stupid. All they are is causing is trouble. Whether he is legally qualified or not the only way you are going to get him out is by rebellion. His statist supporters won't back down. I you are going to start an insurrection at least pick an issue that will make a better statement. Like his attacks on individual rights.

Blatant defiance of the Constitution is a good enough statement for me.

lynnf
07-31-2009, 03:45 AM

"Whether he is legally qualified or not the only way you are going to get him out is by rebellion."

not necessarily. it might only take the right group of military officers to arrest him (fulfilling their oaths) and boot him out, or maybe for the secret service to abandon him.

see what the obot shills have created? we have become the Roman republic!

lynn

Objectivist
07-31-2009, 03:58 AM
What difference does it make whenever someone posts it's on the "New Posts" list.

NerveShocker
07-31-2009, 04:01 AM
We need to focus on the issues which make our movement so strong. The issues Ron Paul ran on. Small government, bringing the troops home and ending the empire, restoring our civil liberties, and returning to a sound monetary policy.

Having it right on these issues is why we can't die out and why more people catch on to our message everyday.. issues like the birth certificate distract and discredit our movement and efforts.. and as much as I don't like saying it so do things like 9/11 conspiracies though at least that conspiracy is actually accepted by about 1/3 democrats. The truth matters and it doesn't mean we have to say the official stories on these things is correct it just can't be our main focus. Our focus has to be on the things that allowed this movement to grow.

Kludge
07-31-2009, 04:03 AM
What difference does it make whenever someone posts it's on the "New Posts" list.

The only difference would be that the threads wouldn't appear to non-members (same for all threads in "Off Topic", "The Vent", and I believe the "forum suggestion" forum), which would also mean they won't show up in search engine results.

paulitics
07-31-2009, 04:56 AM
I think it should all be in one gigantic thread like Hannity forums. Yes, they got something right. I don't want it in hot topics because I actually like going into hot topics. There are some legit topics there. The truth is, I don't want to have to see this thread unless I am trying to find it. I am that sick of it right now.

Golding
07-31-2009, 05:06 AM
For what it's worth, my thoughts.

Even though I'm not really very committed to the argument about Obama's birth certificate (I refuse to acknowledge a media-derived name for any movement), it does ask some honest political questions about what a natural born citizen really is. I think that's worthy discussion for the General Politics board.

I think it would be a bad precedent to exile discussion from one board simply because it might make some people uncomfortable. There's no shame in discussing.

As far as clutter goes, that's certainly a valid concern. I don't see why there need to be ten threads about one subject. One thread regarding updates on the situation ought to suffice. It's how most other discussion topics are treated, so I don't see why this should be any different.

Danke
07-31-2009, 05:09 AM
"Here's a list of things we DON'T know about Obama.

Original birth certificate — Not released
Obama/Dunham marriage license — Not released
Soetoro/Dunham marriage license — Not released
Soetoro adoption records — Not released
Besuki School application — Released
Punahou School records — Not released
Selective Service Registration — Released and under suspicion
Occidental College records — Not released
Passport (Pakistan) — Not released
Columbia College records — Not released
Columbia thesis — Not released
Harvard College records — Not released
Harvard Law Review articles — None (maybe 1, unsigned?)
Baptism certificate — None
Medical records — Not released
Illinois State Senate records — None
Illinois State Senate schedule — Lost

Not exactly the transparency we were promised."

Sandra
07-31-2009, 05:14 AM
"Here's a list of things we DON'T know about Obama.

Original birth certificate — Not released
Obama/Dunham marriage license — Not released
Soetoro/Dunham marriage license — Not released
Soetoro adoption records — Not released
Besuki School application — Released
Punahou School records — Not released
Selective Service Registration — Released and under suspicion
Occidental College records — Not released
Passport (Pakistan) — Not released
Columbia College records — Not released
Columbia thesis — Not released
Harvard College records — Not released
Harvard Law Review articles — None (maybe 1, unsigned?)
Baptism certificate — None
Medical records — Not released
Illinois State Senate records — None
Illinois State Senate schedule — Lost

Not exactly the transparency we were promised."

I don't remember th forum members requiring these from Bush even with his checkered past. No documentation, remember? Where was the outrage?

paulitics
07-31-2009, 05:15 AM
For what it's worth, my thoughts.

Even though I'm not really very committed to the argument about Obama's birth certificate (I refuse to acknowledge a media-derived name for any movement), it does ask some honest political questions about what a natural born citizen really is. I think that's worthy discussion for the General Politics board.

I think it would be a bad precedent to exile discussion from one board simply because it might make some people uncomfortable. There's no shame in discussing.

As far as clutter goes, that's certainly a valid concern. I don't see why there need to be ten threads about one subject. One thread regarding updates on the situation ought to suffice. It's how most other discussion topics are treated, so I don't see why this should be any different.

Sounds good to me. As long as it isn't 10 threads per day on the same topic. And this goes for other topics as well, esp of the philosophical type that clutters up the board.

sevin
07-31-2009, 07:30 AM
I think the Hannity forum has the right idea actually (did I just say that?), merge the birther topics into one single thread and make it clear that anything having to do with that issue goes only in that thread. That thread should stay in Gen Pol though. And may I add that their birther thread has 15,000+ posts? I don't see the topic losing us credibility with mainstream Republicans. They are talking about it just as much, if not more, than we are.

I like this idea. Seems like a good compromise.

I voted 'no' because I think that there are some serious unresolved issues, but think that the threads should be moved to 'Obama Watch'.

That would be good, too. Whatever happened to the Obama Watch subforum?

lynnf
07-31-2009, 07:35 AM
I like this idea. Seems like a good compromise.

That would be good, too. Whatever happened to the Obama Watch subforum?

I tried to figure that out and what I came up with is that the forum that contained Obama Watch became the C4L forum, which would automatically exclude Obama Watch (not C4L related), so Obama Watch became sort of an orphan. it also seems to have been a convenient excuse to dump it.

lynn

legion
07-31-2009, 11:36 PM
Please mods, I campaigned for the original truther dungeon!

We don't need conspiracies to justify why we want change; in fact, these conspiracies distract and distort the philosophical message of the campaign for liberty!

Sandman33
07-31-2009, 11:40 PM
What about his 30 something different social security numbers??? And the one he used most being from the state of Connecticut?

Has that been debunked yet?

If not I think this should not only stay in General but be stickied.

Reason
08-01-2009, 12:18 AM
Should all the "birther" threads go to the Hot Topics subforum?

Yes.

Mini-Me
08-01-2009, 12:35 AM
I voted yes, based on my understanding of Hot Topics:
If any particular issue is so controversial here on these board that tons of people are saying, "STFU ABOUT THIS OR YOU'RE GOING TO MAKE US ALL LOOK LIKE CRAZIES," it's probably a "hot topic." In other words, if it's that controversial - and dividing us all in an extremely ugly way - then it belongs in the forum designated for such highly controversial topics. Obviously some people will disagree, because it is after all dividing us.

I don't have any personal problem with the issue, but I think the hostility and uproar surrounding it has earned it a place in the dungeon. ;)

libertarian4321
08-01-2009, 04:07 AM

You don't have to get behind him, but go after him on matters of POLICY.

You know, things like trying to take over 17% of the GDP of the country with government healthcare, or the idiotic "cap and trade" system or "cash for clunkers" or any one of the other big government programs.

But this "birther" stuff makes us look like tin foil hatters, as I've been saying for a long time (there are some on this forum who've been flogging this "birther" stuff for a long time).

Leave this nuttery for the drooling mouth breathers at WND.

Stary Hickory
08-01-2009, 08:01 AM
The ONLY birther spam is anitbirther. You people won' allow discussion on the topic. Are you paid off? Really I start to wonder if it's just blind political bias or just folks they sent in to quiet this stuff on the web.

We are talking about a topic discussing whether a current US president lied to get into office and whether or not he is constitutionally eligible to serve. Because of posts like this its difficult to just discuss and share facts.

I suppose the MSM and the establishment will be getting exactly what they want by effectively censoring the topic, without providing any information at all to refute it. Leave peope alone, let them discuss it and we can ALL come to a consensus about what is going on. Trying to limit discussion on it is pissing me off and turning me off to this supposedly non partisan movement.

Look at the anti-birther threads, they outnumber the of so called birther threads what 4 to 1? 3 to 1? The only ones making this a big issue are the anti-birther folks, and they all want one thing: to stop discusion about the topic....nothing more.

Stary Hickory
08-01-2009, 08:22 AM
What about his 30 something different social security numbers??? And the one he used most being from the state of Connecticut?

No it's not even being talked about. Imagine that? This is the problem, it's as if everywhere you turn there are people simply trying to deny others a way to collaborate and come together to share information and work this out.

This is th only thing the establishment and the MSM are doing right now, and even on these boards it's happening. Amazing. Usually when someone starts ridiculing or obstructing conversation they are considered a troll. But for some reason on this topic you can obstruct, troll, and mock people until the thread is closed or censored.

All I want to see is healthy discussion about the facts, what is and what is not. The krap that is going on now is like the defense lawyer standing up in the court room and yelling LIAR LIAR LIAR with his hands over his ears, rather than give an intelligent response.

It's absurd.

eOs
08-01-2009, 08:56 AM
the graph of the evolution of a political movement vs. the amount of skepticism allowed

speciallyblend
08-01-2009, 08:57 AM
i voted no. it should be spread as far as possible to undermine the old guard/right-wingers/neo-cons! we should encourage folks to spread this ,in hopes the gop might finally realize it is dying!

nothing can help the gop better, then republicans running around saying obama is not an american and calling him the n word! that will unify the base of voters across all political spectrums!! keep up the good work!! (sarcasm) shame people are still using the n word and using this line! but they are!(just had a republican who is planning on running in colorado;) say those exact lines to me! i held my laughter and kept it to myself! insanity!

speciallyblend
08-01-2009, 09:05 AM

i think it has but we need to erase all evidence of that ,so folks keep pushing it;)

grab the shovels and keep digging!! eventually the gop will have dug a hole so deep! the best thing to do will be to fill it in with the gop leaders in the hole!!

speciallyblend
08-01-2009, 09:07 AM
The ONLY birther spam is anitbirther. You people won' allow discussion on the topic. Are you paid off? Really I start to wonder if it's just blind political bias or just folks they sent in to quiet this stuff on the web.

We are talking about a topic discussing whether a current US president lied to get into office and whether or not he is constitutionally eligible to serve. Because of posts like this its difficult to just discuss and share facts.

I suppose the MSM and the establishment will be getting exactly what they want by effectively censoring the topic, without providing any information at all to refute it. Leave peope alone, let them discuss it and we can ALL come to a consensus about what is going on. Trying to limit discussion on it is pissing me off and turning me off to this supposedly non partisan movement.

Look at the anti-birther threads, they outnumber the of so called birther threads what 4 to 1? 3 to 1? The only ones making this a big issue are the anti-birther folks, and they all want one thing: to stop discusion about the topic....nothing more.

I encourage it, keep the story alive and kicking until 2010-2012. this could be the worst and best thing to alienate/change republicans. we couldn't dream this stuff up!!

bait and switch coming right up!! the gop needs to fall flat on their faces before they can even think about getting back up! this is a blessing in disguise! i am not sure where the birther movement came from,but if it helps the gop see the ills of their ways . i am all for it!! i encourage everyone to keep pushing this story no matter what side they are on.
Let The Chips Fall where they may!! Domino's can be a good game! never know which ones fall at the end!!

legion
08-01-2009, 10:13 AM
Why birthers can't ever be considered true advocates of freedom:

http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Uploads/Graphics/000-1207113437-papers-please.jpg

Birthers: Papers, please.
Other party hands papers over.
Birthers: This paperwork is clearly what we asked for, but there isn't enough paperwork! I want the long form and form Q23-ZEZ. Get into the Kubelwagon, you're going down town!!

RevolutionSD
08-01-2009, 10:58 AM
Ridiculous that any libertarian would spend time promoting this issue.

Dr.3D
08-01-2009, 11:01 AM
Ridiculous that any libertarian would spend time promoting this issue.

So being a libertarian would mean we should ignore the constitutional requirements for a person to be President?

revolutionary8
08-01-2009, 11:37 AM
If the Obama watch forum was still around, I don't think we would have this issue. The threads could be moved there...

I am not a "birther" or "anti-birther" (lol) but it sure does peak my interest when we have the "PC crowd" hootin' and hollerin' about how "we" should steer clear from this "ridiculousness" and "we" should dissassociate "ourselves/ our movement" from this topic- makes me think (as an agnostic) that there is some substance to the birther claims :D

I don't think that "birthers" should be treated like "truthers", and every time the subject is broached, they are quarantined- I do think this issue is important, but I do think there are too many threads and too many duplications- many of the threads could be merged....

Perhaps some of the birthers who are "non-truthers" will catch the flavor of censorship/hostility/mockery and become less hostile to those who only want the truth regarding 9/11.
I predict, that if the PC crowd keeps telling people to STFU, that more ppl will be exposed to the trials and tribulations of wanting only THE TRUTH and we will have even more people questioning 9/11 as well as Obama's citizenship... ie BLOWBACK

I vote maybe, because of duplicity, and if the PCers take the thread towards "hot topics"- iow, I think the birther threads should be treated like any other thread...

If the birthers are quarantined, they will be even more vocal, and even more frustrated than they are now...
That is not an opinion that is fact.

Read my sig, and stuff that in your pipe and smoke it Bradley. "weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

Todd
08-01-2009, 12:29 PM
I put yes, but not because of any validity.

I just think we have bigger things on our plate such as H.R. 1207, S 604, and any Health Care plans they are currently trying to cook up,plus lets not forget about cap and trade.

This.

Mini-Me
08-01-2009, 02:13 PM
As a side note, I'm kind of surprised that the "birther" and "anti-birther" labels weren't already taken by the abortion debate. ;)

legion
08-02-2009, 02:30 PM
Is this forum a democracy?

Kludge
08-02-2009, 02:32 PM
Is this forum a democracy?

Not at all, though it would probably be in the forum's best interest to do what its users want.

Matt Collins
08-03-2009, 03:05 PM
[/URL][url]http://barefootandprogressive.blogspot.com/2009/08/more-birther-fun-and-fine-print.html (http://barefootandprogressive.blogspot.com/2009/08/more-birther-fun-and-fine-print.html)

At Fancy Farm, I asked Republican Senate candidate Rand Paul if President Obama was born in the United States and he said he "didn't know". Yes, Rand Paul is a birther.

yongrel
08-03-2009, 03:06 PM
[/URL][url]http://barefootandprogressive.blogspot.com/2009/08/more-birther-fun-and-fine-print.html (http://barefootandprogressive.blogspot.com/2009/08/more-birther-fun-and-fine-print.html)

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with you?

devil21
08-03-2009, 03:19 PM
Yeah Im not sure what the point in posting that is. You just gave it a very nice google page rank bump by putting it on this forum. Matt, would you please edit that post out before the search engines pick it up? No use giving the guy free ammo.

literatim
08-03-2009, 03:20 PM
If there is a worry about clutter, have one definitive thread.

As for scaring people away, half the conservative blogs are covering this issue, including Andrew Sullivan. What it comes down to is people here not liking it and they want to bury it.