PDA

View Full Version : 1/5 Suspects released from Guantanamo return to terrorism? why? would you?

Reason
07-30-2009, 05:27 PM
Watch Video First

YouTube - Returning To Terrorism (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81IcG3puOF4)

If you were incorrectly accused of being a terrorist and locked up and tortured for several years would you fight against the state that did that to you once you got out?

--

Sandra
07-30-2009, 05:29 PM
It's really baseless PR. Governments have the luxury of creating press releases out of their butts.

Oyate
07-30-2009, 06:01 PM
very poorly worded poll. the subject implies it's about gitmo but the question is worded so it can apply to all people everywhere. were you trying to ask "if you were them would you fight us"?

Reason
07-30-2009, 06:18 PM
very poorly worded poll. the subject implies it's about gitmo but the question is worded so it can apply to all people everywhere. were you trying to ask "if you were them would you fight us"?

If you were incorrectly accused of being a terrorist and locked up and tortured for several years would you fight against the state that did that to you once you got out?

Pretty simple question.

apropos
07-30-2009, 06:26 PM
If the suspects were "returning" to terrorism after Guantanamo, as stated in the video and in the thread title, it follows that they were previously engaging in terrorism. So how could one be incorrectly accused of being a terrorist if one was once involved in terrorism?

__27__
07-30-2009, 06:47 PM
Yes.

Raineee
07-30-2009, 08:55 PM
Guantanamo is horrific, but I don't think I would risk being sent back there if I had been released.

tggroo7
07-30-2009, 09:01 PM
Guantanamo is horrific, but I don't think I would risk being sent back there if I had been released.

Meh, you been there once, you been there a thousand times. :cool:

haaaylee
07-30-2009, 11:06 PM
If the suspects were "returning" to terrorism after Guantanamo, as stated in the video and in the thread title, it follows that they were previously engaging in terrorism. So how could one be incorrectly accused of being a terrorist if one was once involved in terrorism?

this.

if the point is to imply we are creating terrorists , than this does us no good.

catdd
07-31-2009, 06:52 AM
I know that if I had not been a terrorist before being falsely arrested and sent to Guantanamo, I would damn sure be one after getting out.
I would make BinLaden look like Mr. Rodgers.

tremendoustie
07-31-2009, 07:51 AM
I'm sure SOME of them were really guilty.

acptulsa
07-31-2009, 08:00 AM
I'm sure SOME of them were really guilty.

Like the one in five who returned to it? As opposed to the four out of five who were converted to it? By us?

If state prisons can create more sophisticated criminals, surely 'terrist' prisons can link newly disgusted people with long-disgusted people.

tremendoustie
07-31-2009, 08:50 AM
Like the one in five who returned to it? As opposed to the four out of five who were converted to it? By us?

If state prisons can create more sophisticated criminals, surely 'terrist' prisons can link newly disgusted people with long-disgusted people.

That's true, certainly.

BillyDkid
07-31-2009, 10:21 AM
Guantanamo - I see nothing wrong. Let's imprison people and torture them until they learn to love us. Isn't it amazing to see people fighting anyway they can against occupiers of their country called terrorist. Now, I grant you some, maybe many of these people are awful, brutal baby killers - I have no way to really know - but many of these people are there because their neighbor didn't like them and wanted their house or land and the reward that comes with calling your neighbor a terrorist. If they weren't terrorist when then went into Guantanamo, they certainly are now. I would be.