PDA

View Full Version : Youtube Censorship still healthy

Warrior_of_Freedom
07-29-2009, 11:17 PM
I keep track of politically sensitive videos by putting them in my favorites. This guy's whole account was suspended.
http://i25.tinypic.com/egwga9.png

heavenlyboy34
07-29-2009, 11:20 PM
:eek: wtf? Not cool, youtube!

rb.hoth
07-30-2009, 11:14 AM
I also keep track of videos on youtube using a favorites list. I can tell you youtube is nothing but a propaganda machine. Not simply do they take down videos expressing opposing views but they then allow that vacuum to fill with innocuous dissenting videos filled with false information. Some of the removals were done under congressional order.

Reason
07-30-2009, 11:19 AM
they are a private company that looses millions of dollars every day to host all the content for free.

They have every right in the world to manage their private enterprise whoever they wish.

If you don't like it, go somewhere else, there are a million other free video hosting sites.

Remember that crazy thing called the free market?

enough people don't like the censorship and leave then YT fails

constitutional
07-30-2009, 11:24 AM
they are a private company that looses millions of dollars every day to host all the content for free.

They have every right in the world to manage their private enterprise whoever they wish.

If you don't like it, go somewhere else, there are a million other free video hosting sites.

No one is discussing the issue of private enterprise rights in this thread. Your post is a moot point. :rolleyes:

Reason
07-30-2009, 11:30 AM
No one is discussing the issue of private enterprise rights in this thread. Your post is a moot point. :rolleyes:

Except that imo "private enterprise rights" negate the justification of whining in this case.

constitutional
07-30-2009, 11:34 AM
Except that imo "private enterprise rights" negate the justification of whining in this case.

No, it's not whining. The OP is making other people aware of the ongoing YouTube censorship so more people will take a stand by leaving. It's part of the free market like you said earlier. :rolleyes:

Reason
07-30-2009, 11:38 AM
No, it's not whining. The OP is making other people aware of the ongoing YouTube censorship so more people will take a stand by leaving. It's part of the free market like you said earlier. :rolleyes:

While I can't account for the motivations of the OP, I have certainly seen a multitude of posts re: people "whining" about youtube censorship like a bunch of 8 year old girls.

I apologize for assuming that's what this OP was doing.

constitutional
07-30-2009, 11:40 AM
While I can't account for the motivations of the OP, I have certainly seen a multitude of posts re: people "whining" about youtube censorship like a bunch of 8 year old girls.

I apologize for assuming that's what this OP was doing.

No problem. I tend to make generalizations and assumptions too from time to time when my self-serving bias gets in the way. It's dangerous. Just correct me when I do. :D

dannno
07-30-2009, 11:40 AM

Yes, I believe that is precisely what the OP is hoping for.

Mini-Me
07-30-2009, 11:42 AM

Chyup.

Warrior_of_Freedom is using his freedom of speech to warn people about Youtube's censorship, which naturally encourages people to consider taking their business elsewhere.

Even when it might sound "whiny," consumer outrage is a valid - and vital - aspect of the free market.

rb.hoth
07-31-2009, 12:21 PM

Dude, take your pills.

Todd
07-31-2009, 12:36 PM
YouTube - SHANKLINMIKE YOUTUBE DELETED!!! PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO THIS CHANNEL! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL5LOzPYwbM)

Reason
08-01-2009, 12:15 AM
Dude, take your pills.

Sorry I don't take anti free market pills like you apparently do?

coyote_sprit
08-01-2009, 12:31 AM
Sorry I don't take anti free market pills like you apparently do?

How do you know he's anti free market maybe he just got the impression that you were saying a thread for condemning YouTube was anti free market.