PDA

View Full Version : Laura Ingraham vs. Ann Coulter

hard@work
09-26-2007, 01:31 AM
Thought crossed my mind a while back. I've been pondering the possibilities of a Republican revolt based on the libertarian core philosophies of the party (or just some frikkin common sense for crying out loud). It occured to me that while the neocon hold on the party is a minority, the minority is powerful indeed as it holds the leadership and controls the punditry. But this is not necessarily permanent, and those people who are in the party and punditry can be swayed back to their traditional (and frikkin sane for crying out loud) ideals.

Would it be possible to make serious headway in policy discussion with talking heads and mouths like Laura Ingraham? Ones that while initially aprehensive have slowly flirted with the movement, keeping a keen eye ... almost 'just in case' there is a shift. And if that was possible, what would we need to do to begin this movement with the media pundits that may be either on the fence or secretly wanting to begin more open support? Also, what would disqualify them? And finally - let's say we could convince someone like Laura Ingraham that it is in her interests patriotically and financially to start speaking out for the people and traditional conservative values as opposed to fabricated "values" or neocon warmongering ... could we sick her on Ann Coulter in a megalithic career vs. career battle to finish that bitch off once and for all? Perhaps in a godzilla like city scape, Laura gets a sword Ann can be the crusty fire breathing atomic dinosaur.

Just some thoughts, 'scuse the french. Really I'm thinking we may be able to deepen the rift between the paleocons and the neocons and marginilize them back into the depths where they arose. But we need the support of the press to do this, and the press has been subverted.

ChooseLiberty
09-26-2007, 10:32 PM
Where's the Ann Coulter troll?

Troll - cat fight!

G-khan
09-26-2007, 10:32 PM
Where's the Ann Coulter troll?

Troll - cat fight!

I wanna see it..........

EvilEngineer
09-26-2007, 10:49 PM
I wanna see it..........

Me too.. but we need a pool of baby oil for them to wrestle in first. That and some skimpy clothing.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
09-26-2007, 10:53 PM
Are they gonna fight about how many Canadian troops got sent into Vietnam?

jacmicwag
09-26-2007, 11:27 PM
Hard Work - you should get into politics. Fact is the gloves will be coming off soon.

kylejack
09-26-2007, 11:30 PM
Please note, there are naked pictures of Dr. Laura from her younger slutty years on the interwebs.

hard@work
09-26-2007, 11:30 PM
Hard Work - you should get into politics. Fact is the gloves will be coming off soon.

I am into politics. That's why I ask questions like these suggesting situations that would outwardly appear improbable. It's all an agenda.

:D

JosephTheLibertarian
09-26-2007, 11:38 PM
Thought crossed my mind a while back. I've been pondering the possibilities of a Republican revolt based on the libertarian core philosophies of the party (or just some frikkin common sense for crying out loud). It occured to me that while the neocon hold on the party is a minority, the minority is powerful indeed as it holds the leadership and controls the punditry. But this is not necessarily permanent, and those people who are in the party and punditry can be swayed back to their traditional (and frikkin sane for crying out loud) ideals.

Would it be possible to make serious headway in policy discussion with talking heads and mouths like Laura Ingraham? Ones that while initially aprehensive have slowly flirted with the movement, keeping a keen eye ... almost 'just in case' there is a shift. And if that was possible, what would we need to do to begin this movement with the media pundits that may be either on the fence or secretly wanting to begin more open support? Also, what would disqualify them? And finally - let's say we could convince someone like Laura Ingraham that it is in her interests patriotically and financially to start speaking out for the people and traditional conservative values as opposed to fabricated "values" or neocon warmongering ... could we sick her on Ann Coulter in a megalithic career vs. career battle to finish that bitch off once and for all? Perhaps in a godzilla like city scape, Laura gets a sword Ann can be the crusty fire breathing atomic dinosaur.

Just some thoughts, 'scuse the french. Really I'm thinking we may be able to deepen the rift between the paleocons and the neocons and marginilize them back into the depths where they arose. But we need the support of the press to do this, and the press has been subverted.

true libertarianism...conservatism, two different things. LP stances on issues seems related to traditional conservativism, why? because the GOP has drifted to the right...the religious right! But true, puritan libertarianism is about:

1. open borders
2. elimination of welfare
3. gutting the federal government
4. some libertarians only support a navy
5. state's rights, yes, we're in America
6. no taxes

extreme libertarianism is about two things:

totally free market
do whatever you want to do, as long as you don't infringe on the rights of others

it has nothing to do with tradition. It's about minarchism err basically, a night watchman state

there's even more "extreme libertarians" that don't care about the US constitution (anarcho capitalists)

Once the GOP returns to its former self, you'll see the LP take more extreme stances...The LP has benefited greatly from the GOP going downhill

Don't get me wrong... LIBERTARIANISM CAN WORK IN THE US! But yes, it would change the face of this nation... most definitely

hard@work
09-26-2007, 11:47 PM
REASON: Governor Reagan, you have been quoted in the press as saying that you’re doing a lot of speaking now on behalf of the philosophy of conservatism and libertarianism. Is there a difference between the two?

REAGAN: If you analyze it I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. I think conservatism is really a misnomer just as liberalism is a misnomer for the liberals–if we were back in the days of the Revolution, so-called conservatives today would be the Liberals and the liberals would be the Tories. The basis of conservatism is a desire for less government interference or less centralized authority or more individual freedom and this is a pretty general description also of what libertarianism is.

Ronny boy 'imself.

edit - had to add this in, from the same interview. Heeelarious and so true.

I happen to think he’s stupid if he rides a motorcycle without a helmet, but that’s one of our sacred rights–to be stupid.

-Ronald Reagan

JosephTheLibertarian
09-26-2007, 11:52 PM
many libertarians are against "citizenship" they believe that, if you are here, then you are presumably a citizen

hard@work
09-27-2007, 12:00 AM
many libertarians are against "citizenship" they believe that, if you are here, then you are presumably a citizen

And many are not.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-27-2007, 12:01 AM
And many are not.

less extreme, and moderates, no.. I would support such a measure.. but only at the state level. It's not unconstitutional

hard@work
09-27-2007, 12:18 AM
less extreme, and moderates, no.. I would support such a measure.. but only at the state level. It's not unconstitutional

I went for a walk just now around the block and had a funny thought. I enjoy discussing and debating political philosophy. Anarcho Capitalism or pure Anarchy are great topics. I generally think of them as utopian myself, much the same as communism attempts. I don't disagree with the possibility of them being functional systems in their own right though. Just a path difficult to attain. But the thought that cracked me up was the general misconceptions people have of these political philosophies. Where you and I would see them for what they were, less indoctrinated or educated individuals would surely take the idea of anarchism to mean there are hundreds of nude raving lunatics flailing about dead chickens while screams and explosions fill the air. Probably to some horrible techno music backdrop while fire rains down from the sky. Somewhere a car crashes.

I don't think this is going to win Laura to our side. I think sticking to the minarchist views might do that though.

jacmicwag
09-27-2007, 12:39 AM
Yes, Laura is our friend - people don't realize the advantage of the chip like no expensive I-phone purchases needed in the future. Where did you say those old pics were posted? I want to check for Neocon abuse.

jacmicwag
09-27-2007, 12:51 AM
Also, Joseph - there is no puritan Libertarianism. This is America coming up on an election year. It's called survival of the fittest and we're in pretty good shape (with the addition of laura).

Kregener
09-27-2007, 02:14 AM
Joseph,

You boner for "religion" is becoming embarrassing for you.

Just an FYI...

JosephTheLibertarian
09-27-2007, 02:41 AM
Joseph,

You boner for "religion" is becoming embarrassing for you.

Just an FYI...

I hope you'll make more sense in your reply......