PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions for Obama "birthers"

disorderlyvision
07-29-2009, 09:59 AM
http://knappster.blogspot.com/2009/07/couple-of-questions-for-obama-birthers.html

Setting aside the fact that every last iota of credible evidence says Barack Obama was born in Hawaii ...

1. Where were the "birthers" in 2000 and 2004 when Texas's electors illegally cast their votes for two inhabitants of Texas, thereby making either George W. Bush's presidency, or Dick Cheney's vice-presidency, constitutionally illegitimate? If constitutional qualifications for election to office didn't matter then, why do they matter now?

2. Why are military "birthers" so concerned that their Commander in Chief may be constitutionally unqualified? They've been fighting two constitutionally unqualified, i.e. undeclared, wars (in Afghanistan and Iraq) since 2001 and 2003 respectively. If the Constitution doesn't matter when it comes to sacrificing hundreds of billions of taxpayer dollars and thousands of American lives on the altar of the military-industrial complex, why is it suddenly of paramount importance when the issue is which yahoo (from among a rigged selection of thereof) gets to hang out at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue for four years?

Bonus Question: Can "birthers" name a president since, say, Grover Cleveland*, who hasn't treated the Constitution as at best an annoying inconvenience to be circumvented at every turn, and at worst as low-grade toilet tissue to be used thusly and then disdainfully discarded? Why the double standard for Obama?

--
Cleveland's predecessor in office, by the way, was Chester A. Arthur, a dual (US-British) citizen by birth. A few years later, America elected a president (Woodrow Wilson) who had been born in the US, but who had subsequently been a citizen of another nation (the Confederate States of America) for four years, being re-"naturalized" at the end of the Civil War. And John McCain was born in Panama. Nothing new under the sun in terms of the "natural-born citizen" controversy.

Stary Hickory
07-29-2009, 10:07 AM
The article is a dud, because he says the only credible evidence is evidence that says Obama was born Hawai.

We are not getting into a real discussion about the facts, just more name calling, ridicule, and an attempt to downplay the issue.

The facts are piling up that lend themselves strongly to the fact that the sitting POTUS lied to get elected, usued fraudulent documents and has been involved in a massive coverup, even using an executive order to restrict the truth from surfacing.

So again another lame attempt to discredit information rather than objectively looking into it, and another attempt to discourage others from looking into it by insinuating that they are crazy.

Nothing to see here, just another reason to really look into and see what is what.

dannno
07-29-2009, 10:09 AM
My comment:

1. I did not support the illegitimate Presidency of GW Bush.

2. I do not support the unconstitutional wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

3. It is true that the Constitution has been heavily trampled, especially since 1913. The main issue I have is that the people who control Obama know that if he is not a NatBornCit (because you are in fact very incorrect in your initial assertion that all evidence points towards him being a NatBornCit), then they can use this issue as blackmail against him so that he will continue to push the establishment agenda as he has been doing...rather than pushing the agenda he laid forth during his campaign. That is why there is a political vetting process, so that candidates cannot be blackmailed later during their campaign for secrets that were not revealed initially. It is amazing that the entire media hasn't been clued in to why they have this job. It's like they think it's just for entertainment or something.

erowe1
07-29-2009, 10:13 AM
I'm not a birther, but for the bonus question I'm going to say Coolidge. As for #1, Cheney changed his residency to Wyoming prior to the election. The Constitution doesn't prohibit electors from voting for a Presidtent and VP who had both ever in their lives been residents of those electors' state, it only prohibits them from voting for them when they both currently are a resident of that state.