PDA

View Full Version : Mindset of a tyrant

dude58677
07-29-2009, 09:46 AM
I understand that tyrants want to disarm the populace so they can enslave the people and I understand that our politicians with the exception of Ron Paul have violated the Constitution on a regular basis. Why do some people get a joy out of violating the Constituon as some obviouly have? What is the motive of someone wanting to enslave the population? Mao killed millions of his own people, what is the pleasure in that? Why would someone want to do such a thing?

Hitler's motives were obvious but what about tyrants such as Bill Clinton, Barak Obama, George Bush (esp for the wars in Iraq), Richard Nixon, Tim Geithner, etc?

mediahasyou
07-29-2009, 10:53 AM
For the Mao question, communists think they must get rid of the "nonbelievers" for their system to work.

dude58677
07-29-2009, 11:20 AM
For the Mao question, communists think they must get rid of the "nonbelievers" for their system to work.

Yea, but why would they want that system in the first place? What are they gaining?

Dark_Horse_Rider
07-29-2009, 11:22 AM
Yea, but why would they want that system in the first place? What are they gaining?

" Power "

mediahasyou
07-29-2009, 11:41 AM
" Power "

Yes, it is the same reason why you want Ron Paul to get elected.

torchbearer
07-29-2009, 11:45 AM

those without power cannot defend freedom, but will be left powerless against the tyrants who will control that monopoly if we cede that power to them.
G. Edward Griffin explains this idea very well.

mediahasyou
07-29-2009, 11:47 AM
Propaganda initially entices newcomers to become political activists. After a while, the activists become morally invested in their cause. These beliefs are deep and most likely unchangeable.

That's why government sucks. With a DRO, you can choose to have whatever protection you like and you will mostly interact with people with the same amount of "coverage".

mediahasyou
07-29-2009, 11:49 AM
those without power cannot defend freedom, but will be left powerless against the tyrants who will control that monopoly if we cede that power to them.
G. Edward Griffin explains this idea very well.

You are not defending my freedom when you force me to pay for courts I don't want to use.

torchbearer
07-29-2009, 11:51 AM
You are not defending my freedom when you force me to pay for courts I don't want to use.

I haven't force you to do shit. So get over it.
I am actually fighting to release you from the tyrant's chains.
We are going to do it, with or without you.
And when we remove them- I'll hold on to that power for you, and you can go do your thing.

Dark_Horse_Rider
07-29-2009, 11:56 AM

There are many kinds of power.

It has often been said that if you want to see a person's true mind, grant them power.

heavenlyboy34
07-29-2009, 11:59 AM
I understand that tyrants want to disarm the populace so they can enslave the people and I understand that our politicians with the exception of Ron Paul have violated the Constitution on a regular basis. Why do some people get a joy out of violating the Constituon as some obviouly have? What is the motive of someone wanting to enslave the population? Mao killed millions of his own people, what is the pleasure in that? Why would someone want to do such a thing?

Hitler's motives were obvious but what about tyrants such as Bill Clinton, Barak Obama, George Bush (esp for the wars in Iraq), Richard Nixon, Tim Geithner, etc?

They are serving their masters, who put them in office and protect them. :p

awake
07-29-2009, 01:10 PM
A dictator or tyrant sees every other persons ideal world as a prevention of his. So he sets out to shape his world by any means available to him and seeks force to bring it about - he seeks power as a means to his end. Freedom means one thing to him; his alone.

awake
07-29-2009, 01:14 PM
Every one has the capability to be tyrannical. Some choose not to be, others never question its usefulness in the pursuit of their goals.

Mini-Me
07-29-2009, 01:21 PM

I think this book might provide some insight. (http://www.amazon.com/Political-Ponerology-Science-Adjusted-Purposes/dp/1897244258/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1248895792&sr=8-1)