July 28, 2009

http://twitter.com/JayAnger

acptulsa
07-29-2009, 09:03 AM
This is pretty condensed, but there's one thing I can certainly glean from it:

Good job again, Catherine!

catdd
07-29-2009, 09:11 AM
I'm hoping a video will come out soon. I was disappointed that no one discussed the fact that the report was written by left-wing extremists and handed down to police who were about to enforce it without question.
This should warrant an investigation into corruption of the DHS.

Pete
07-29-2009, 09:36 AM
Couple of interesting entries:

Fagan: says Lt Dave Hall of MHP "is a good guy, but he's got a lot to learn" and then calls for the previous director to be reinstated.

about 19 hours ago from Tweetie

Bleisch cites that Governor threw her out of his office with sunshine req pending. Says MHP did a great job fulfilling her request w/ Thanks

about 17 hours ago from Tweetie

Overall, it sounds like C4L, CP, and others did a great job. Props to the MO House for having the hearings. The pro-MIAC speakers remind me of paranoid cockroaches.

Liberty Rebellion
07-29-2009, 02:56 PM
Here are some other accounts:

From: RLCMO@yahoogroups.com [mailto:RLCMO@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Rob Hillman
Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 8:58 PM
To: RLCMO@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [RLCMO] Interim Intelligence Oversight Committee Hearing - July 28th

Today's "MIAC" hearing in St. Charles, Missouri today was both interesting and educational for me and over a dozen other folks offering testimony to the Interim Committee.

Recall that in March, 2009 the Missouri Republican Liberty Caucus board and officers voted unanimously (7-0) to encourage our State legislators to create an oversight committee to watch over the Missouri Fusion Center.

Those offering testimony included the State Chairs of the Constitution and Libertarian parties, C4L regional coordinator for CD2, C4L State co-Chair, a number of C4L members, and LRP's Chair. Mike Fagan, former U.S. Asst. District Attorney for the Missouri Eastern District also offered testimony to the committee.

Elected House Reps in attendance were: Funderburk, Zerr, Tishaura Jones, Guest, Dixon, Fallert, Nieves, Schoeller, Jason Smith, El-Amin. The committee was accompanied by two State Legislative Assistants: Marc Webb and Eric Jennings.

Three Missouri troopers from the Missouri fusion center attended and audited, but didn't offer testimony. This had been done at the first, Jefferson City, hearing.

The decorum of the hearing was professional and all testimonials were heard by the committee without time limit. The hearing lasted about 4.5 hours.

Each individual's testimony was heard, and then the committee was asked by the Chair whether committee members had questions. With few exceptions, members asked questions for clarity and opinion from those appearing.

The reason for the hearing was clearly stated by the Chair, Rep. Dixon, to gather public views and suggestions about the fusion center in order for the committee to draft a report. The committee was formed at the request of the House Speaker.

Mr. Fagan's testimony was unusually long and some of his comments caused a number of committee members and audience members to bristle. As the sole testimony to support a strong MIAC together with his urging to not destroy the accomplishments of the MIAC (none of which we know about), Mr. Fagan asserted a number of things that caused members to be bothered. In questioning, this was clearly a problem. Civil rights were mentioned, but our U.S. and State Constitutions were not. Neither were our bills of rights. The theme was about security and protection above all else.

In contrast, all other testimonies had to do with our rights as individuals. Many committee members took the opportunity in questioning to assert strongly that individual rights, our bills of rights, our Constitutions are paramount.

In terms of our organization's presence, we had a number of questions you posed last Spring and many of these were included with additional questions and research in a 20-page document delivered to every member of the committee before the hearing. Members leafed through the document and a copy is to be filed in committee records.

Time was growing short, so when I offered testimony on your behalf I told the committee:

1. Who I was, as State Chair representing you..
2. That our State board unanimously voted in favor of a resolution to oversee MIAC and that the resolution was delivered to both chambers of our General Assembly.
3. That we appreciated the creation of the Interim Committee, but suggest that the General Assembly pass Rep. Guest's bill for a permanent committee.
4. That a theme of ours was that we had many more unanswered questions about MIAC than ones we could answer through research; owing to its unclear nature.
5. That a theme of ours was whether MIAC personnel and activities are Contitutionally oriented.

In summary, several members and those offering testimonials voiced strongly questions and assertions about our Constitutions, Bill of Rights, and whether the federal government is stepping where it doesn't belong in terms of the MIAC and fusion centers in general.

Overall, I believe committee members appreciated having visited Saint Charles today, met with concerned citizens from the greater St. Louis area, and took with them some valuable input to help them accomplish their reporting task assigned by the Speaker.

__._,_.___
Messages in this topic (1) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic
Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Database | Polls | Members | Calendar
This is the eGroup of the Republican Liberty Caucus of Missouri. Opinions expressed are not representative of the Republican Liberty Caucus. The official RLC positions are found at http://www.RLC.org. If you are not yet a dues-paying RLC member, please join at http://www.republicanlibertycaucus.org/Pay/Dues.asp.

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/usa/MO/