PDA

View Full Version : If Pat Buchanan were running in the Republican primary...

White Knight
06-03-2007, 08:25 PM
Would you guys still support Ron Paul? That would be a tough choice.

FSP-Rebel
06-03-2007, 08:46 PM
Considering I'm a libertarian and not a populist, it would be Paul all day. I don't agree with Paul on everything, but our disagreements are minute.

angelatc
06-03-2007, 09:37 PM
No, Pat Buchanan can be pretty mean.

I've been a Ron Paul woman for 15 years or so. I'm not leaving now.

Kregener
06-03-2007, 09:47 PM
No contest.

Ron Paul.

Brandybuck
06-04-2007, 04:22 PM
If Pat Buchanan were running in the Republican primary...
I would still be voting for Ron Paul. And if he doesn't make the nomination, I'll vote for the Libertarian or Constition candidate.

While Buchanan is right on a lot of issues, he's horribly wrong on a few very important ones. Among these is his rabid cultural and economic protectionism.

White Knight
06-05-2007, 12:33 AM
I like Buchanan a lot because he's a paleo-con like me. Pat's much more anti-abortion, anti-gay marriage, pro-western culture than Paul. Still, Paul is a bit more honorable and knows/cars about the constitution more. Both are equally anti-UN, anti-globalism, anti-unnecessary wars. It's a tough choice.

literatim
06-05-2007, 12:44 AM
I would probably support Buchanan, but then I was a supporter of his long before I decided to support Paul.

I would hope he wouldn't as it would split up votes. I would rather see him fully support Ron Paul.

ButchHowdy
06-05-2007, 06:14 AM
I would probably support Buchanan, but then I was a supporter of his long before I decided to support Paul.

I would hope he wouldn't as it would split up votes. I would rather see him fully support Ron Paul.

We need Buchanan supporting Ron Paul and I believe he does.

Although YOU and I like Buchanan, he is not considered 'likeable' and just doesn't give off that good ole Grandpappy persona like Ron - IMHO, of course!