PDA

View Full Version : Campaign for Liberty at the New Orleans Area Gun Show 7/25-26/09

qwerty
07-29-2009, 12:17 AM
This past Saturday and Sunday (July 25-26) members of the Campaign for Liberty in Louisiana's District 1 & 2 (aka Greater New Orleans) were at the Great Southern Gun & Knife show in Kenner, Louisiana. Among other things, our primary focus was to find new members and get attendees to sign the C4L petition to Sen. Mary Landrieu to support the Audit the Fed bill. (Sen. Landrieu is Louisiana's ONLY elected Federal rep that has NOT co-sponsored.) We downloaded the petition straight from the C4L Website's "Materials" section and simply printed "Mary Landrieu" on each sheet. We got 120 people to sign the petitions and names & emails from nearly 90 folks so that we could sent them more information about Campaign for Liberty.

We expected to get some resistance from some of the attendees, but overwhelmingly our table, message, and organization was very well received! If you would like to find what materials we used and info about what what worked and what didn't, please shoot me a message and I'd be glad to share.

To our friends across the state and across the country, I'd highly recommend doing this where you are.

Here is a list of the upcoming ones in Louisiana and a quick google search for "gun show" and "your state" will give you plenty of information.

Here are some pictures from the event.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_7g2oqKbZwIQ/Sm8VsTj242I/AAAAAAAAAFU/oP5fE-zD2Dk/s320/GS2.JPG

MORE INFO, http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=22612

:cool:

KCIndy
07-29-2009, 12:55 AM
I imagine that Campaign for Liberty's pro-Second Amendment stand is going to win it a lot more friends than enemies at pretty much any gun show... And even when it comes to issues like getting out of Iraq, a lot of people I know whom I would otherwise consider "Kill-'em-all-and-let-God-sort-'em-out" neocons are starting to wonder whey we're still losing American lives in Iraq and why we're pouring billions of taxpayer dollars into that mess...

nobody's_hero
07-29-2009, 04:57 AM
KCindy makes a good point.

It seems like gun owners are some of the most gung-ho when it comes to supporting Mr. Bush's war. But, some of them are starting to change their minds, if slowly.

You have to really hit them hard with the message of liberty. Nearly everyone loves liberty when they discover what it really is. Then you have to be subtle in getting them to realize that liberty is incompatible with an agressive foreign policy. BUT DON'T PUSH THE ISSUE! It is important not to overwhelm them, because then they'll get turned off and you'll have to start all over again. Let them go home and think about it and arrive at their own conclusions.

It worked for me.