PDA

View Full Version : Who are Wesley Clark's "NY money people"

ChooseLiberty
09-25-2007, 10:20 PM
Now that the admin seems to be pushing for a war with Iran again -

Remember this article from earlier this year? Any ideas of specific individuals Clark was referencing?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/arianna-huffington/dc-notes-wes-clark-is-_b_37837.html

"How can you talk about bombing a country when you won't even talk to them?" said Clark. "It's outrageous. We're the United States of America; we don't do that. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the military option is off the table -- but diplomacy is not what Jim Baker says it is. It's not, What will it take for you boys to support us on Iraq? It's sitting down for a couple of days and talking about our families and our hopes, and building relationships."

When we asked him what made him so sure the Bush administration was headed in this direction, he replied: "You just have to read what's in the Israeli press. The Jewish community is divided but there is so much pressure being channeled from the New York money people to the office seekers."

paulitics
09-25-2007, 10:28 PM
wow.

ChooseLiberty
09-26-2007, 11:14 AM
Not even a guess by the CT'ers?

He obviously had knowledge of specific people influencing specific people.

constituent
09-26-2007, 12:14 PM
CT'ers?

Mesogen
09-26-2007, 06:46 PM
I'm guessing the CFR? It's in New York and members usually have a lot of money.

ChooseLiberty
09-26-2007, 09:32 PM
CT'ers - conspiracy theorists

By "money people" he probably means people that work in the financial industry - investment banks and hedge funds for example. If he meant people that had money he could have just said "rich people".

BTW - Clark is at least part jewish and he was immediately "pardoned" from any anti-semite accusations by the head of the ADL after saying this. Very curious indeed.