PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul 30 Sec Spot2 - American Liberty Coalition PAC

0zzy
09-25-2007, 09:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvzUiOtaFr0

thoughts?

theseus51
09-25-2007, 09:15 PM
I think it would be better with one voice, rather than a lot. It's kinda distracting with all those voices, but that's just me.

Esp. the first sentence, it doesn't form a sentence, so I think most viewers (and me) would be like "huh?" and get confused and stuff.

BrianH
09-25-2007, 09:19 PM
I liked the morphing of many faces into one - Ron Paul. But agree the audio seemed liked there were too many voices at once.

justaguy
09-25-2007, 09:20 PM
I thought the sound was fine. :)

-Chris

Mr. White
09-25-2007, 09:21 PM
I liked the multiple voices. Only problem...

Too many kids. You want deep resonating male voices, and tender but firm females.

LibertyEagle
09-25-2007, 09:31 PM
I like the original version MUCH better than the new one with all the voices. All this one needed, IMO, was maybe a professional with a deeper voice reading the script.

http://www.alcpac.com/rp_30sec_ver2.mov

ctb619
09-25-2007, 09:32 PM
in my opinion it would be best to get rid of the kids' voices

michaelwise
09-25-2007, 09:43 PM
I liked the script. If you could coordinate the voices a little better without so much overlap, I think it would be much better. People love hearing kids voices, and after all, it's really our kids future we're fighting for. The child's voice is a nice subtle reminder of that.

Shellshock1918
09-25-2007, 09:49 PM
Pretty good.

AdamT
09-25-2007, 10:06 PM
I figured I'd at least try the multiple voices before going to a pro VO. Our local Meetup members stepped up and offered their voices and graciously let me record them. The multiple voices tie in with the many faces of the mosaic. I think it works, but I've also listened to it a hundred times while editing the voices.

People love little kid voices, they're non-threatening, and figure most mainline "super voters" probably have kids themselves.

I do have a pro VO guy set up but it will cost $100 or so and take a couple days. I can also make various versions of the commercial available with different VO tracks if people like one over the other. Whatever works for me.

There are other ads in the works (Lord Xar, etc) so people can air whatever they like best.

Chris
ALCPAC.com

rajibo
09-25-2007, 10:10 PM
If you're going to use multiple voices, I suggest using complete phrases or sentences before changing them, and not to morph them. That would be effective if you could see the people talking, but with just the audio, it makes me dizzy.

Thom1776
09-25-2007, 10:16 PM
PM me and we can talk on the phone so you can hear my voice.

I can hear that you fixed the erroneous historical date reference and removed the inappropriate "and", but there is one more error:

Who would America’s founding fathers elect today to restore what they fought and died for over two centuries ago?

It should be "Whom would America’s founding fathers elect...".

Stealth4
09-25-2007, 10:19 PM
Several voices is a great idea, dont give it up, just work out the kinks.

I wouldnt have them talk at the same time until the end when they say "Ron Paul"

Good joB!!

Richandler
09-25-2007, 10:40 PM
Just to put my word in. A good room and mic make a world of difference!

wolv275
09-25-2007, 10:54 PM
agreed on too many kids, after all they cant vote =/

AdamT
09-25-2007, 10:56 PM
Just to put my word in. A good room and mic make a world of difference!

I know. Unfortunately I don't have a great mic. However, I did run the voices through EQ, a VO compressor, and a stereo spread. It kinda covers up the imperfections, and the music hides it more.

For any future ads I might do, I will definitely get a hold of a better mic!

mavtek
09-26-2007, 01:48 AM
I liked it.

LibertyEagle
09-26-2007, 06:17 AM

wgadget
09-26-2007, 06:23 AM
1. A little too busy with too many voices at the beginning. Almost like an echo chamber.
2. A little too many kids voices. Maybe just fewer would work better. A sprinkling would be more effective than a large dose.
3. BUT I definitely had a chill down my spine about 3/4 of the way through.

VERY NICE. Just work out the kinks.

10thAmendmentMan
09-26-2007, 06:31 AM
agreed on too many kids, after all they cant vote =/

Or think for themselves. Just try asking an eight year old what he thinks about monetary policy. :rolleyes:

Dave Wood
09-26-2007, 06:31 AM
I like it but agree about the voices.

I think it would be clearer if the kids voices were heard by themselves and never used to talk over the adult voices, imho.

Good ad though, the constitution is really starting to come back to life in peoples minds and they are slowly realizing that we are in dangerous waters.

Gallup poll, taken 1.5 months ago, question :"do you think th U.S. constitution is still relevant today as a governing document" 97% yes

sunny
09-26-2007, 06:51 AM
it was 230 years ago not 220

1787 not 1776

AdamT
09-26-2007, 07:12 AM
it was 230 years ago not 220

1787 not 1776

I think you have you math wrong. The Constitution just celebrated it's 220th anniversary.

BillyDkid
09-26-2007, 08:28 AM
I think it would be better with one voice, rather than a lot. It's kinda distracting with all those voices, but that's just me.

Esp. the first sentence, it doesn't form a sentence, so I think most viewers (and me) would be like "huh?" and get confused and stuff.
Yeah, the multiple voices thing doesn't work for me either. I understand the idea behind it, but it is distracting and confusing - it would be better if the intervals given to each voice were a little longer.

Ninja Homer
09-26-2007, 08:58 AM
I like the multiple voices, but don't like it when they speak at the same time. It kind of muddles the message.

I like the background music, but it would be best to have music without vocals. The singing also muddles the message.

I like the kids in it. It doesn't matter if kids can't vote; it's to appeal to parents, not kids.

ThePieSwindler
09-26-2007, 09:00 AM
i thought it was pretty damn good.

AdamT
09-26-2007, 09:10 AM
Here's a new version (http://alcpac.com/spot2.html).

I cleaned up the voices a bit more, taking out most of the overlap or "morphing". I toned down the kid's voices a little and altered the pacing slightly.

Does it work better now? Please comment.

KewlRonduderules
09-26-2007, 09:11 AM
Great video! I'd use only kid's voice only once and briefly. multiple voices don't work for me either.

rajibo
09-26-2007, 09:12 AM

I cleaned up the voices a bit more, taking out most of the overlap or "morphing". I toned down the kid's voices a little and altered the pacing slightly.

Much better!:D

Ninja Homer
09-26-2007, 09:21 AM

Yes, much better. I think it works great!

born2drv
09-26-2007, 09:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvzUiOtaFr0

thoughts?

I loved the whole thing. But I agree with the words being kind of jumbled. They don't flow very well, like when you transition from one voice to another it's hard to understand. But I love the content of the speech, the video, everything, awesome job.

jgmaynard
09-26-2007, 09:40 AM
OK.. I LOVE the different voices, I think the overlap may be a bit over done (and a little too quick at first). I LOVE the kid saying "constitution" and "this is not right." The power of using the kid for a simple moral judgement is outstanding.

JM

literatim
09-26-2007, 10:15 AM
The problem is the overlapping voices.

Elwar
09-26-2007, 11:50 AM
I like the different voices.

bumbledraven
09-26-2007, 01:07 PM
I really like version 4.

http://alcpac.com/rp_30sec_ver4_sm.mov

The voices work great now. I also love the use of Aravoth's graphics at the end. It's about time we started seeing "Restore the Republic" as Paul's slogan. I like it much better than "Hope for America".

AdamT
09-26-2007, 01:52 PM
The voices work great now. I also love the use of Aravoth's graphics at the end. It's about time we started seeing "Restore the Republic" as Paul's slogan. I like it much better than "Hope for America".

Yes. The first time I saw Avaroth's "Stop Dreaming" I was forever touched with his ending graphics and message. I have spiffed them up a bit for the commercial, but it's still all his.

happyphilter
09-26-2007, 01:54 PM
i dont like how theres a lot of voices cutting in and out. maybe just a few... and not so jumbled