PDA

View Full Version : we need to hit craiglists.com harder

max
09-25-2007, 09:03 PM
i'm not seeing enough RP poltical ads at Craigslist.com...there is a section called "politics"...near the top right.....pick major cities and post consistently....craigslist is HUGE

this is a great free resource. Everytime i post there i get lots of webtraffic...

u can post in any city in america...just change the subject line slightly so your multiple ads wont bounce out...

post a few simple words...maybe a link to an aravoth video like RON PAUL HUMAN EVENTS...and the HW website,,,,

lots of people reasd Craigslist poltical ads...we need to pwn Craigslist

Matt Collins
09-25-2007, 09:56 PM
Hmmm.... CL is all about the peace movement, right?

AFTFNJ
09-25-2007, 11:01 PM
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/about/cities.html not sure about peace movements but sure got a few nuts.

Santana28
09-26-2007, 01:38 AM
I agree... I wouldn't be here if it weren't for Craigslist!

Rant and Raves section is usually a good place to post. Keep in mind anything that looks "overly prepared" usually gets ignored. Its all anonymous. The best bet is to just visit the forums, and politics usually always comes up - just write a nice reply with a Ron Paul spin or POV. Its all about quantity there... just repetition... make it unique and genuine... not spammy.... post some videos, and a link or two.... and keep doing it... you'll make a difference!

Eli
09-26-2007, 01:42 AM
i completely agree. I'm going to get to work on craigslist.
A lot of older and newer-to-the-internet crowds swarm craigslist. It's a great way for us to up RP polling numbers.

It's also very easy to target people in key states and localities. Want 5 thousand+ more supporters in iowa? craigslist has 'em

wgadget
09-26-2007, 06:39 AM
HAHA.

You could go over there to the ever-popular FREE section and write:

"Vote for Ron Paul and get a free country."

Add a video link, and you just may have a new RP supporter.

Bradley in DC
09-26-2007, 07:12 AM
My Craigslist posting for a Ron Paul supporter roommate got coverage on Wonkette! :D

Korey Kaczynski
09-26-2007, 07:28 AM
Hmmm.... CL is all about the peace movement, right?

More like call girls and promiscous gay men.

Korey Kaczynski
09-26-2007, 07:28 AM
I agree... I wouldn't be here if it weren't for Craigslist!

Rant and Raves section is usually a good place to post. Keep in mind anything that looks "overly prepared" usually gets ignored. Its all anonymous. The best bet is to just visit the forums, and politics usually always comes up - just write a nice reply with a Ron Paul spin or POV. Its all about quantity there... just repetition... make it unique and genuine... not spammy.... post some videos, and a link or two.... and keep doing it... you'll make a difference!

Hmm.. I must be wrong about what craigslist is like. Maybe it's just Omaha's section. Which would paint Omaha in a pretty lucid light to a non-Omahan.

uncloned21
09-26-2007, 07:37 AM
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/rnr/432522233.html

Bradley in DC
09-26-2007, 07:39 AM
Hey! I have a request for everyone:

Free World Media got press credentials to broadcast our commentary during the debate tomorrow night. So, please post on Craigslist in every city to tune into the Republican debate at Morgan State University--video courtesy of PBS and audio commentary courtesy of Free World Media broadcast over RonPaulRadio.com!

Commentators during the debate include Bradley Jansen (Center for Financial Privacy and Human Rights), Charles Frohman (Center for the Common Interest) and Keith Halderman (Center for Constitutional Drug Policies).

In addition to debate and "spin room" coverage, we will have a crew interviewing audience members, and the expected crowd of demonstrators and supporters outside.

max
09-26-2007, 08:19 AM
Hmm.. I must be wrong about what craigslist is like. Maybe it's just Omaha's section. Which would paint Omaha in a pretty lucid light to a non-Omahan.

craigslist has EVERYTHING

in tghe top right section u will see a secttion called politics....

post there and be sure to inculde a link to you tube video and an appeal to donate

Question_Authority
09-26-2007, 08:27 AM
i'm not seeing enough RP poltical ads at Craigslist.com...there is a section called "politics"...near the top right.....pick major cities and post consistently....craigslist is HUGE

If craigslist is HUGE then we are in big trouble, because if you go to the US Politics forum and the World Politics forum, there is a group of people smearing Ron Paul every time his name is mentioned. It is surreal. EVERY SINGLE TIME someone mentions Ron Paul, there are between 5-20 replies (anonymous mostly) that call him evil, bigoted, etc and that he wants to put gays in jail and have religion be integrated into government etc etc. It is overwhelming! If someone who does not know who Ron Paul is reads this, and they do not follow up with research, they will be turned off to him.

The people doing this are robotic. They are on the forum day and night. I think it is some sort of organized group.

So, if you want to make an impact on craigslist go to these forums and fight back. I was doing it for a long time but I have given up. If I had some back-up I would jump back in. But it just seemed like a losing battle.

I wish I had thought of asking for help before.

max
09-26-2007, 09:49 AM
If craigslist is HUGE then we are in big trouble, because if you go to the US Politics forum and the World Politics forum, there is a group of people smearing Ron Paul every time his name is mentioned. It is surreal. EVERY SINGLE TIME someone mentions Ron Paul, there are between 5-20 replies (anonymous mostly) that call him evil, bigoted, etc and that he wants to put gays in jail and have religion be integrated into government etc etc. It is overwhelming! If someone who does not know who Ron Paul is reads this, and they do not follow up with research, they will be turned off to him.

The people doing this are robotic. They are on the forum day and night. I think it is some sort of organized group.

So, if you want to make an impact on craigslist go to these forums and fight back. I was doing it for a long time but I have given up. If I had some back-up I would jump back in. But it just seemed like a losing battle.

I wish I had thought of asking for help before.

i dont work the forums. I just post under politics catagory...i always include a video link

jj111
09-26-2007, 09:50 AM
Craigs List is wide open virgin territory for Ron Paul activism.

AlexAmore
09-26-2007, 10:05 AM
Here (https://post.craigslist.org/nhm/C/pol/none/x/C555SstWijGsB2Ih/9fie2) is what I did for the New Hampshire Craigslist. I copied an above poster, but I tweaked it so it would advertise the "Ron Paul Family Walk" this weekend! That way it's not just a straight up ad for Ron Paul, and it's coming at people with an angle.

jj111
09-26-2007, 10:07 AM
Keep up, saturate all the areas in your local area, then start spreading out geographically.

I'm working Craigs List here in San Francisco and California today.