PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Massachusetts cop will allow himself to be used as an Obama photo-op

max
07-28-2009, 08:55 AM
Obama was right. This cop IS stupid.

If they could have gotten away with it, Gates and Obama would have destroyed this cop. It was only the public backlash and the existence of audio tapes that saved this cop's career.

Why in the hell would he want to sit down and share a beer with America hating, cop hating, white hating bigots like Gates and Obama. Cant he see that he is being used????

Dumbass cop

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/07/27/gates.harvard.obama/index.html

zach
07-28-2009, 09:04 AM
I don't get why Obama has to feel like he should make a get-together over a beer whereas the two can do it without him.

I guess he's only involving himself because he and Gates are friends, but I don't see why and how it's Obama's business.

max
07-28-2009, 09:08 AM
I don't get why Obama has to feel like he should make a get-together over a beer whereas the two can do it without him.

I guess he's only involving himself because he and Gates are friends, but I don't see why and how it's Obama's business.

Obama wants to do a photo of Gates and Crowley shaking hands with Obama standing in between.....an Ebony-Ivory moment

erowe1
07-28-2009, 09:14 AM

The key word is "beer". Have you noticed how many times since the campaign Obama has gone out of his way to invite someone to have a beer with him? It's because he recalls how Bush benefited from people seeing him as a person they could have a beer with, whereas Obama knows that one of his problems is people seeing him as a pompous elitist. So the more times he can get sound bytes out there about him drinking beer with people, the more he can subliminally get normal Americans to think he's the kind of guy they could have a beer with. I'm not being facetious. I seriously think he plots things out that way.

max
07-28-2009, 09:18 AM
The key word is "beer". Have you noticed how many times since the campaign Obama has gone out of his way to invite someone to have a beer with him? It's because he recalls how Bush benefited from people seeing him as a person they could have a beer with, whereas Obama knows that one of his problems is people seeing him as a pompous elitist. So the more times he can get sound bytes out there about him drinking beer with people, the more he can subliminally get normal Americans to think he's the kind of guy they could have a beer with. I'm not being facetious. I seriously think he plots things out that way.

wow...I didint catch that.....thats a very astute observation.

They do keep repeating "beer...beer...beer".....the drink of the common man...the man's man.

It also offsets the image of Obama as effeminate (and according to the Globe at least)...gay.

Kraig
07-28-2009, 09:28 AM
Sadly most people will pay more attention to this than they do his policy.

catdd
07-28-2009, 09:50 AM
"Obama wants to do a photo of Gates and Crowley shaking hands with Obama standing in between......an Ebony-Ivory moment

That's sweet.

Liberty4life
07-28-2009, 09:55 AM
The guy was probably ordered to go by someone powerful.

zach
07-28-2009, 09:56 AM
Oh god, turn it around before this turns into a homosexuality thread. :p

catdd
07-28-2009, 10:00 AM
The guy was probably ordered to go by someone powerful.

Yeah, Ben Franklin.

LOTS of Ben Franklins.

kahless
07-28-2009, 11:32 AM
Obama was right. This cop IS stupid.

If they could have gotten away with it, Gates and Obama would have destroyed this cop. It was only the public backlash and the existence of audio tapes that saved this cop's career.

Why in the hell would he want to sit down and share a beer with America hating, cop hating, white hating bigots like Gates and Obama. Cant he see that he is being used????

Dumbass cop

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/07/27/gates.harvard.obama/index.html

When the right and Conservative talking heads focus on this rather than policy and then take it a step further by saying Obama said the cop was "stupid" which is factually incorrect, they lose credibility.

He said they acted "stupidly", which is correct since regardless of Gates attitude you do not pull a man out of his home knowing he resides there. I would not call him a dumbass cop but one who abused his authority.

I see no harm in this gathering since it puts it to rest for all parties. This cop has a family and life to live. Not doing so would have likely put/kept a target on his back.

devil21
07-28-2009, 05:16 PM
Eh not surprising. All parties ended up benefitting from this episode. Gates got a lot of publicity, Obama got to create a big distraction over a big nothing to demonstrate how "hands on" he is, and the cop will get promoted since he's chummy with both Gates and Obama now. The only people that aren't benefitting are the commoners who are now dumber for entertaining such an episode in their minds and now feel more racially divided than they did before. Good job all around. Mission accomplished.

speciallyblend
07-28-2009, 05:17 PM

obama likes hard drugs like alcohol!!! they should be getting together to have brownies not beer;) safer and less harmful then beer;)

maybe they will get drunk and have a brawl. then all 3 can get arrested;)

satchelmcqueen
07-28-2009, 08:06 PM
nothing but pr and photo op. cop should know better than to do this unless he was going to go out of his way to NOT apologize like he said he would not.

bkreigh
07-28-2009, 08:18 PM
The cop better be careful what he says during this little get together. Dont be surprised if the conversations are recorded and then later used in a trial when Gates sues the crap out of the city.