PDA

View Full Version : NH Phone Bank for Family Walk

Jared Callanan
09-25-2007, 08:19 PM
Hey Hey,

Just got home from Manchester New Hampshire where we did phone banking to all the listed Ron Paul supporters in the state of New Hampshire. In Maine and New Hampshire I have seen such great grassroots action that its impossible to be tired or unmotivated. Saturday is going to be awesome! If you live close go check out the good Doctor in Manchester!

More importantly...

We are still trying to do an e-mail drive to get him on WEEI's Dennis & Callahan to promote his rally on Saturday! This is extremely important! Just a heads up on WEEI; it is a sports talk radio station but Dennis & Callahan are political oriented and have political guests on. WEEI is heard in the following states; Maine, New Hampshire, Massacussets, Rhode Island, and parts of Connecticut! Not just that but they are one of the most listened to stations via streaming audio online of any station in the country. Why? Because of the popularity of the Red Sox and Patriots of course! Help me get Ron Paul on Dennis & Callahan! E-mail them tonight, have your friends e-mail them tonight:

DennisandCallahan@entercom.com

For the Cause,
Jared

ItsTime
09-25-2007, 08:21 PM
Hey Jared how did you get my number? I plan on coming but just wondering :)

Jared Callanan
09-25-2007, 08:40 PM
Hey Jared how did you get my number? I plan on coming but just wondering :)

haha.. We talked tonight? That's great, how did I do? I haven't done phone banking since I worked for the Buchanan campaign in 1999. Anyway, we all showed up at Murphy's Tap Room tonight which is the temporary headquarters for New Hampshire, they handed out sheets of paper with 60+ phone numbers on each and we went to town making phone calls. I am not sure how your number got on the list though, I was just given the list and said; go to town.

jgmaynard
09-25-2007, 10:11 PM
"Because of the popularity of the Red Sox and Patriots of course!"

The Red Sox (with a little help from the losing Yankees - Haha!) pretty much sealed their winning the division for the first time in 12 years tonight. So the number of people listening should go up quite a bit.

Also - normally the Red Sox crowd seems pretty big-government when politics comes up on RS forums, but there is a presdential preference thread going on on the RS website and guess who many, many people there are supprting? That's right! Fred Thompson! No, just kidding, Ron Paul.

Ahhhhh pretty sweet.......

JM

Stealth4
09-25-2007, 10:14 PM
Sunday, our group and another group found out that a local city (city within a city really) is having a huge open fair (20,000 people attend).

That idea in two days has now gone to a full Ron Paul booth, almost fully manned with 3 people in shifts over 7 hours with Ron Paul Balloons, Ron Paul Tattoo stickers, slim jims, bumper stickers, etc. We will also be collecting signatures to get RP on the ballot here in VA. Still some kinks to work out, but I cant be tired when I know so many other motivated people locally to get something like this from an idea to a full blown on the ground presence at this fair in less than 2 days.

Im tired - but very happy and I look forward to volunteering more.

Jared Callanan
09-26-2007, 05:40 AM
We should really start handing out slim jims prior to the Red Sox and Patriots games.

ItsTime
09-26-2007, 06:29 AM
you did fine!

Green Mountain Boy
09-26-2007, 07:36 AM
Jared, from your phonebanking did you get an impression of about how many folks from NH will be there on Saturday?

Jared Callanan
09-26-2007, 09:01 PM
Jared, from your phonebanking did you get an impression of about how many folks from NH will be there on Saturday?

I got a lot of voice mails and answering machines but from the people we did speak with we heard good things. Getting him on the radio show above would be a huge help but were running out of time.