PDA

View Full Version : Islam Is Peaceful? Not If You're Nigerian.

Objectivist
07-28-2009, 03:05 AM
Well here we go again, another group of Muslims proving to the world that Islam is a immoral religion. It seems they picked up guns to prove their point. Imagine that, peace loving people picking up guns to kill others, in order to make their point known and enforced. What a wonderful religion Islam must be when you FORCE people that don't think like you to comply.

I heard this story on BBC earlier and one of these peaceful Muslims stated that Darwinist were even against Islam. It seems these guys have an idea about Islam that says their way is the only way, and if you don't agree.... you die. That's exactly what I've been posting in here... they used the same language I did, but ignorant assholes around here call me the racist/bigot/collectivist. Hmm imagine that.:cool:

Well I'm proven correct about Islam once more. Lets see how that sharia law works for the Christians in Nigeria, should be fun.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/1885052.stm

http://www.worldpress.org/feed.cfm?http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/2/hi/africa/8169868.stm

Golding
07-28-2009, 03:28 AM
Any religion looks dangerous when you look at the worst among them. Are you certain it's the faith to blame here, or is it the individuals themselves? The heterogeneity of people who follow the Muslim religion suggest it's probably the latter.

Objectivist
07-28-2009, 03:31 AM
Any religion looks dangerous when you look at the worst among them. Are you certain it's the faith to blame here, or is it the individuals themselves? The heterogeneity of people who follow the Muslim religion suggest it's probably the latter.

They're calling for sharia law in Nigeria. Sounds like mainstream Islam to me.

devil21
07-28-2009, 04:26 AM
Sounds like Nigeria understands the principle of "state's rights" where a region of a nation is free to practice whatever religion it wants without federal interference. If the "Feds" of Nigeria don't like it, so what?

The punishments may be harsh but if the people are truly against them then they would stand up in defense, instead of publishing a BBC article. Besides, it's not our business how regions of Nigeria decide to rule themselves.

You wouldn't happen to be shilling against Islam would ya Objectivist? I know it's a stretch to catch you railing against anything Muslim, from the perspective of a Jew. I know I've never seen it before from you and others :rolleyes:

Objectivist
07-28-2009, 04:55 AM
Sounds like Nigeria understands the principle of "state's rights" where a region of a nation is free to practice whatever religion it wants without federal interference. If the "Feds" of Nigeria don't like it, so what?

The punishments may be harsh but if the people are truly against them then they would stand up in defense, instead of publishing a BBC article. Besides, it's not our business how regions of Nigeria decide to rule themselves.

You wouldn't happen to be shilling against Islam would ya Objectivist? I know it's a stretch to catch you railing against anything Muslim, from the perspective of a Jew. I know I've never seen it before from you and others :rolleyes:

Jew? Who's a Jew, you?

Nice to see someone standing up for oppression and immorality, you go devil21.

Sandra
07-28-2009, 05:00 AM
Lavoro?

devil21
07-28-2009, 05:04 AM
Jew? Who's a Jew, you?

Nice to see someone standing up for oppression and immorality, you go devil21.

Very obvious strawman attack there. Where did I support oppression and immorality by my words?

I stand up for any people that choose to rule themselves, instead of letting others tell them how to live. Again, if the people of this Nigerian region do not support the laws under which they are living (muslim sharia in this case) then they WILL revolt against them. A BBC article and a federal court case won't change my mind about letting people choose for themselves how to live their lives.

Nice to see someone on the Ron Paul Forums out themselves as a meddler in other country's affairs. Your viewpoint is always anti-Islam and it's obvious to those of us that frequent this forum. Either you're a Zionist Jew or a Zionist Evangelical. Just gotta review your post history.

Golding
07-28-2009, 05:46 AM
They're calling for sharia law in Nigeria. Sounds like mainstream Islam to me.The notorious "they".

Expatriate
07-28-2009, 08:01 AM
Oh, stop with the collectivist assumptions. Just because one group of Muslims are violent it doesn't mean they all are.

If you want to avoid Muslims because you dislike them, go right ahead. Nobody's stopping you. But why do you come to a board that discourages religious discrimination in order to bash them?

Fozz
07-28-2009, 09:03 AM
People like Objectivist are the reason why I am not into Ayn Rand.

pacelli
07-28-2009, 09:07 AM
What's wrong with avoiding legal consequences by following the law? Are you an anarchist or something?

Well here we go again, another group of Muslims proving to the world that Islam is a immoral religion. It seems they picked up guns to prove their point. Imagine that, peace loving people picking up guns to kill others, in order to make their point known and enforced. What a wonderful religion Islam must be when you FORCE people that don't think like you to comply.

I heard this story on BBC earlier and one of these peaceful Muslims stated that Darwinist were even against Islam. It seems these guys have an idea about Islam that says their way is the only way, and if you don't agree.... you die. That's exactly what I've been posting in here... they used the same language I did, but ignorant assholes around here call me the racist/bigot/collectivist. Hmm imagine that.:cool:

Well I'm proven correct about Islam once more. Lets see how that sharia law works for the Christians in Nigeria, should be fun.

http://www.worldpress.org/feed.cfm?http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/2/hi/africa/8169868.stm

Fozz
07-28-2009, 09:07 AM
Very obvious strawman attack there. Where did I support oppression and immorality by my words?

Nice to see someone on the Ron Paul Forums out themselves as a meddler in other country's affairs. Your viewpoint is always anti-Islam and it's obvious to those of us that frequent this forum. Either you're a Zionist Jew or a Zionist Evangelical. Just gotta review your post history.

Objectivist is a Zionist Atheist.

Kraig
07-28-2009, 09:26 AM

Well there's not much reason to be "into Ayn Rand" anyways, some people treat Objectivism as a cult it seems. Read it, learn what you can, move on, IMO.

Reason
07-28-2009, 09:43 AM
sharia law is not mainstream Islam...

Cowlesy
07-28-2009, 10:01 AM
I am NOT okay with stoning people to death for adultery.

Nigeria is probably next to last in places where I'd like to go be a tourist. What a wasteland.

Dreamofunity
07-28-2009, 11:11 AM
This is like saying:

Christianity is peaceful? Not if you're a '***'!

And then linking Westboro Baptist.

dannno
07-28-2009, 11:15 AM
Objectivist wants to bring in guns and force the Muslims to be peaceful.

Objectivist
07-28-2009, 03:05 PM

You're not into Ayn Rand because you don't get it.

Objectivist
07-28-2009, 03:08 PM
Oh, stop with the collectivist assumptions. Just because one group of Muslims are violent it doesn't mean they all are.

If you want to avoid Muslims because you dislike them, go right ahead. Nobody's stopping you. But why do you come to a board that discourages religious discrimination in order to bash them?

Well roll out the peace loving muslims then, I think they should be out condemning the action of their brethren. You know, the mainstream muslims calling for sharia law. I think that is against the words in their koran though, so we could be waiting for a long time. I bet they'd cut their heads off too.

Objectivist
07-28-2009, 03:10 PM
Objectivist wants to bring in guns and force the Muslims to be peaceful.

Nope, I wouldn't mind if they killed each other off though, it would be much more peaceful on the planet if there were no religion.

Objectivist
07-28-2009, 03:12 PM
sharia law is not mainstream Islam...

AH, isn't sharia law out of the koran? Seems mainstream to me if that's the case.

And according to wiki, you'd be full of shit.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharia

Objectivist
07-28-2009, 03:18 PM
What's wrong with avoiding legal consequences by following the law? Are you an anarchist or something?

No, not an anarchist. But Islam is oppressive and not for freedom loving people like myself. I don't force my views on others with death being the only way out, Islam does. If you disagree with Islam they kill you. Then a number of what rational people consider lesser crimes are punishable by death of dismemberment under sharia/islamic law.

Objectivist
07-28-2009, 03:19 PM
Objectivist is a Zionist Atheist.

I'm no Zionist.

Objectivist
07-28-2009, 03:24 PM
How many so far condemn the actions taken by the oppressive muslims in Nigeria? Mayb e one?

dannno
07-28-2009, 03:28 PM
Nope, I wouldn't mind if they killed each other off though, it would be much more peaceful on the planet if there were no religion.

If you don't want to use force against them, then why rile everybody up?

The only thing that accomplishes is more violence against Muslims by the west, which causes more violence within the Muslim community.. in fact that is the primary reason why the violence exists in the first place..

Objectivist
07-28-2009, 03:38 PM
Todays body count because of peaceful muslims. I love it when the story talks about peaceful people making bombs and killing people.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8172437.stm

Objectivist
07-28-2009, 03:43 PM
If you don't want to use force against them, then why rile everybody up?

The only thing that accomplishes is more violence against Muslims by the west, which causes more violence within the Muslim community.. in fact that is the primary reason why the violence exists in the first place..

You guys are confusing me, I thought everyone was saying Islam was peaceful??? Where are the peaceful muslims to condemn this action? They won't because they are cowards and agree with the actions by their brethren. It's against their LAW to condemn this.

dannno
07-28-2009, 03:46 PM
Math time.

X = How many Muslims were involved in the violence you are talking about?

Y = How many Muslims are there in the world?

X / Y = % of violent Muslims from the current incident

I think you'll be surprised.

speciallyblend
07-28-2009, 03:56 PM
why are we worried about muslims?? i thought the bad guys we need to get out are in the gop? are muslims taking over the gop??

Objectivist
07-28-2009, 04:02 PM
Math time.

X = How many Muslims were involved in the violence you are talking about?

Y = How many Muslims are there in the world?

X / Y = % of violent Muslims from the current incident

I think you'll be surprised.

How many muslims in the world?
How many are ruled under Islamic law? A majority.

Here's what they do to people carrying bibles.
http://www.aynrand.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=16881

Religious Constitution Invites Blasphemy Death Sentence
February 21, 2008

Irvine, CA--"Death sentences for blasphemy, such as the one handed down to Sayad Kambakhsh in Afghanistan recently, are to be expected under any constitution that enshrines Islam as the state religion and the Koran as the supreme law of the land," said Thomas Bowden, an analyst at the Ayn Rand Institute.

A council of mullahs acting under court authority has decreed capital punishment for Kambakhsh, a 23-year-old journalism student charged with possessing anti-Islamic books, starting un-Islamic debates in class, and downloading and distributing Internet articles saying that Muhammad ignored women's rights. The sentence, which has been endorsed by Afghanistan's upper house of parliament, is on appeal. Afghanistan's president has hinted at clemency, but only after appeals are finished.

"In 2006, mobs of clerics were clamoring for the death of Abdul Rahman, an Afghan whose 'crime' was converting to Christianity," Bowden said. "And now, Sayad Kambakhsh faces death unless a growing international outcry embarrasses Afghanistan's government into lifting the sentence.

"Criminal punishment of blasphemy is certainly unjust and outrageous, but ad hoc protests offer no long-term solution. If Islam's stranglehold on Afghanistan's government is to end, that nation must adopt an American-style constitution protecting individual rights, including freedom of speech and religion. The strict separation of church and state erects an institutional barrier to religious persecution, as American history shows.

"But a nation that exalts mystical dogma and tribal allegiances cannot be expected to think in such terms. 'The guy should be hanged,' said an 18-year-old student at the American University in Kabul, calling for Kambakhsh's swift execution. Said a Muslim cleric: 'He should be punished so that others can learn from him.' For such people, freedom is an intolerable obstacle to the overriding goal of enforcing Islam.

"When the Bush administration invaded Afghanistan, its stated policy was to promote 'democracy.' That policy has now achieved its exact aim. The Afghan government reflects the democratic will of the people. The people want to kill blasphemers, and their constitution allows them to do so lawfully.

"Bush's policy was based on his delusional belief that Afghans are as freedom-loving as Americans. But what they truly value is religion. Sayad Kambakhsh is living--perhaps dying--proof that religion injected into government is hostile to freedom.

maqsur
07-28-2009, 04:02 PM
This thread seems pointless. Yet another example of using the actions of 0.0001 percent of a group to smear the entire population. This is used all the time in the MSM against whatever enemy du jour.

Why indulge the OP in his obsessions, it will only perpetuate his pathology. Let him rant on his own.

Objectivist
07-28-2009, 04:03 PM
why are we worried about muslims?? i thought the bad guys we need to get out are in the gop? are muslims taking over the gop??

I take seriously those that would murder me for my thoughts.

Fozz
07-28-2009, 04:04 PM
You're not into Ayn Rand because you don't get it.
The greatest sins are faith and altruism.
The greatest virtues are reason and rational self-interest.
Israel follows reason, while Islam is for savages.
:rolleyes:

Fozz
07-28-2009, 04:06 PM
So if you come across a Muslim, and he finds out that you follow Ayn Rand, he will murder you?

Liberty Star
07-28-2009, 04:07 PM
Well here we go again, another group of Muslims proving to the world that Islam is a immoral religion.

On the surface, that would seems like a racist view. Or is there more to the arrival to such a collectivitist mentality than what meets the eye?

Objectively speaking, all dogmatic faiths can be very dangerous. Christian faith stands out with Jesus' message of Peace and turning the other cheek, Islam and Judaism have this eye for eye thing going that makes them bit more revenge inclined. But no one group has monopoly over immoral violence.

Objectivist
07-28-2009, 04:08 PM
This thread seems pointless. Yet another example of using the actions of 0.0001 percent of a group to smear the entire population. This is used all the time in the MSM against whatever enemy du jour.

Why indulge the OP in his obsessions, it will only perpetuate his pathology. Let him rant on his own.

The words of a fool^^^ Hitler convinced people that he was doing good things too.

And the cries of the Islamic population for this to stop are deafening.

Pennsylvania
07-28-2009, 04:08 PM
Monotheistic religions are not created equal and Islam is by far the most barbaric. Islam's apologists, please watch this (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=2221091&postcount=391). Islam is only as peaceful as western culture forces it to be.

Sandman33
07-28-2009, 04:11 PM
I hate ANYONE getting all up in your shit.

That includes the federal government.

Catholic inquisitors.

Muslims

Nazi's

The U.S. Armed forces that aren't HERE in the fucking U.S. where they belong.

Oprah

Obama

The Jonas Brothers.

The IRS.

Pennsylvania
07-28-2009, 04:12 PM
The Jonas Brothers.

Hear, hear

Cowlesy
07-28-2009, 04:13 PM
The words of a fool^^^ Hitler convinced people that he was doing good things too.

Dang it -- I had a bet with some other forum members when we'd come full circle to Hitler on this one --- I had 50 posts.

Personally, I think Sharia Law is terribly anti-freedom. It's pretty much the antithesis of my beliefs from its desire to control others.

Personally, I don't worry about Sharia Law. It will never happen in the United States at some level where it cannot be stopped.

Personally, I could care less if the entire middle east and africa are consumed in Sharia Law. Not my problem...let them thin the overpopulation herd.

Objectivist
07-28-2009, 04:14 PM
On the surface, that would seems like a racist view. Or is there more to the arrival to such a collectivitist mentality than what meets the eye?

Objectively speaking, all dogmatic faiths can be very dangerous. Christian faith stands out with Jesus' message of Peace and turning the other cheek, Islam and Judaism have this eye for eye thing going that makes them bit more revenge inclined. But no one group has monopoly over immoral violence.

Racist? No just the truth about most every religion.

Fozz
07-28-2009, 04:16 PM
Dang it -- I had a bet with some other forum members when we'd come full circle to Hitler on this one --- I had 50 posts.

Personally, I think Sharia Law is terribly anti-freedom. It's pretty much the antithesis of my beliefs from its desire to control others.

Personally, I don't worry about Sharia Law. It will never happen in the United States at some level where it cannot be stopped.

Personally, I could care less if the entire middle east and africa are consumed in Sharia Law. Not my problem...let them thin the overpopulation herd.

Sharia law is basically the laws of the Islamic Quran, and it is mostly anti-freedom in a moral sense (anti-gay, anti-alcohol, anti-adultery, etc). And no, life is not unbearable for women if Sharia law is done right (the Taliban did it very wrong).

Liberty Star
07-28-2009, 04:17 PM
Racist? No just the truth about most every religion.

Seems like prejudiced view. Objectively, what is the difference between doctrines of Islam and Judaism? Ever had the opportunity to browse through Talmud?

Other than Jesus' message of turning the other cheek, other major religions have some very politically incorrect doctrines.

dannno
07-28-2009, 04:18 PM
I agree with Cowlesy here, because there is nothing we can do to stop Sharia law in the Middle East without instituting violence.

I'm not going half way across the world to fight something that isn't a threat to my doorstep. If we as a society decide to do that, then the general Muslim population will view us as an enemy and fight against us, thus increasing what you had intended to quell. The best way to fight Sharia Law (though, the parts on banking are actually quite good!) is to leave them alone and let them deal with it.

dannno
07-28-2009, 04:20 PM
Sharia law is basically the laws of the Islamic Quran, and it is mostly anti-freedom in a moral sense (anti-gay, anti-alcohol, anti-adultery, etc). And no, life is not unbearable for women if Sharia law is done right (the Taliban did it very wrong).

They also don't allow usury or fraudulent banking systems such as fractional reserve banking, the finance laws under Sharia law are actually quite good.

speciallyblend
07-28-2009, 04:22 PM

then this sounds like an urgent matter you should bring up at your local gop meeting. let them know local muslims are trying to kill you!

Fozz
07-28-2009, 04:24 PM
They also don't allow usury or fraudulent banking systems such as fractional reserve banking, the finance laws under Sharia law are actually quite good.
Yeah I really like that, and Malaysia's former prime minister Mahathir bin Mohamad actually wanted Muslim countries to have a gold standard (it never ended up happening though, because it is hard to implement). Also, when the prophet Muhammad was the leader of the Muslims, the only tax he collected was the Zakat (2.5% annual tax on saving, intended to help the poor), and everything else in terms of government was voluntarily funded. I'm sure Lew Rockwell would be impressed by that.

Objectivist
Islam's fundamental theological concept is tawhīd — the belief that there is only one god. The Arabic term for God is Allāh; most scholars believe it was derived from a contraction of the words al- (the) and ʾilāh (deity, masculine form), meaning "the god" (al-ilāh), but others trace its origin to the Aramaic Alāhā.[24] The first of the Five Pillars of Islam, tawhīd is expressed in the shahadah (testification), which declares that there is no god but God, and that Muhammad is God's messenger. In traditional Islamic theology, God is beyond all comprehension; Muslims are not expected to visualize God but to worship and adore him as a protector. Although Muslims believe that Jesus was a prophet, they reject the Christian doctrine of the Trinity, comparing it to polytheism. In Islamic theology, Jesus was just a man and not the son of God;[25] God is described in a chapter (sura) of the Qur'an as "…God, the One and Only; God, the Eternal, Absolute; He begetteth not, nor is He begotten; And there is none like unto Him."[26]

Muslims consider the Qur'an to be the literal word of God; it is the central religious text of Islam.[27] Muslims believe that the verses of the Qur'an were revealed to Muhammad by God through the angel Gabriel on many occasions between 610 and his death on June 8, 632. The Qur'an was reportedly written down by Muhammad's companions (sahabah) while he was alive, although the prime method of transmission was orally. It was compiled in the time of Abu Bakr, the first caliph, and was standardized under the administration of Uthman, the third caliph. From textual evidence Islamic studies scholars find that the Qur'an of today has not changed significantly over the years.[28]
The Qur'an is divided into 114 suras, or chapters, which combined, contain 6,236 āyāt, or verses. The chronologically earlier suras, revealed at Mecca, are primarily concerned with ethical and spiritual topics. The later Medinan suras mostly discuss social and moral issues relevant to the Muslim community.[29] The Qur'an is more concerned with moral guidance than legal instruction, and is considered the "sourcebook of Islamic principles and values".[30] Muslim jurists consult the hadith, or the written record of Muhammad's life, to both supplement the Qur'an and assist with its interpretation. The science of Qur'anic commentary and exegesis is known as tafsir.[31]
The word Qur'an means "recitation". When Muslims speak in the abstract about "the Qur'an", they usually mean the scripture as recited in Arabic rather than the printed work or any translation of it. To Muslims, the Qur'an is perfect only as revealed in the original Arabic; translations are necessarily deficient because of language differences, the fallibility of translators, and the impossibility of preserving the original's inspired style. Translations are therefore regarded only as commentaries on the Qur'an, or "interpretations of its meaning", not as the Qur'an itself.[32]

I guess seeing that muslims consider the koran god's words verbatim, then there is no escaping the oppression and hatred for those that think differently than muslims. If it is written then it is so mentality in islam.

pacelli

Would you murder someone if they were willing to murder you for your thoughts?

Liberty Star
07-28-2009, 04:27 PM
I agree with Cowlesy here, because there is nothing we can do to stop Sharia law in the Middle East without instituting violence.

If European humanists wanted to stop us from our brutal punishments like putting electric currents to heads of some inmates to kill them, they would likely face violent resistence too.

Best first step we can take is to stop supporting and funding violent extremist groups/ regimes in mideast and other countries. Freedom in those societies will gravitate them away from hardcore implements of God and Religion on their own , as it did in our case. We used to be top loaded with radical sharias few centuries ago too. Could we have imagined legal pre-marital/extra-marital sex, inter-racial marriage, homosexaul marriage, abortion few decades ago even? Religions are fluid, liberal freedoms seem to be the best way to lure humans away from God's hardcore teachings.

dannno
07-28-2009, 04:29 PM
Would you murder someone if they were willing to murder you for your thoughts?

Hah.. so Objectivist would then be willing to murder others for THEIR thoughts

The table turns..

CountryboyRonPaul
07-28-2009, 04:30 PM
And this affects me how?

What should I do, pack up my guns and go to Nigeria to save the poor Africans from the evil Muslims?

Right after we save the poor Muslims from the evil Jews?

Or would it be after we save the poor Muslims in Iraq from the evil Muslims in Iraq?

I know, maybe it will be after we save the poor leftists in Honduras from the evil right wingers... or is it the other way around?

What do you think Ayn Rand would do? Risk her neck for a bunch of poor goat farmers?

Or is there some motivation other than kindness and love for the oppressed?

Let's get our own house in order before we condemn others.

Objectivist
07-28-2009, 04:32 PM
then this sounds like an urgent matter you should bring up at your local gop meeting. let them know local muslims are trying to kill you!

I'm not a republican.

Funny when you folks have a weak position you put things on me that do not apply.

Lets see according to the rubes around here I'm a Zionist, Collectivist, Republican, Racist,etc.... You guys are so far off base and it becomes evident most of you are clueless as to what Islam represents.... and it doesn't represent freedom or liberty so you keep on blabbing more bullshit if it makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Note: No muslims have condemned the actions by their brethren in Nigeria.

Objectivist
07-28-2009, 04:35 PM
Hah.. so Objectivist would then be willing to murder others for THEIR thoughts

The table turns..

I'll defend myself, thank you!
You do recognize the difference I hope?

speciallyblend
07-28-2009, 04:36 PM
I'm not a republican.

Funny when you folks have a weak position you put things on me that do not apply.

Lets see according to the rubes around here I'm a Zionist, Collectivist, Republican, Racist,etc.... You guys are so far off base and it becomes evident most of you are clueless as to what Islam represents.... and it doesn't represent freedom or liberty so you keep on blabbing more bullshit if it makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Note: No muslims have condemned the actions by their brethren in Nigeria.

then bring it up to your local authority, i do not care if your republican or not but your bitching about internal affairs of another country. if it concerns you so much join the french legion and move to nigeria!

Liberty Star
07-28-2009, 04:37 PM
And this affects me how?

What should I do, pack up my guns and go to Nigeria to save the poor Africans from the evil Muslims?

Or would it be after we save the poor Muslims in Iraq from the evil Muslims in Iraq?

I know, maybe it will be after we save the poor leftists in Honduras from the evil right wingers... or is it the other way around?

What do you think Ayn Rand would do? Risk her neck for a bunch of poor goat farmers?

Operation Iraqi Freedom was actually to save religious arab muslims of Iraq from secular marxist Saddam dictatorship. Iraqi arab muslims with Iranian mullah ties now claim that Supreme Islamic revolution has been completed with removal of Saddam. They have been killing gays and modern women in Iraq lately.

Operation Enduring Freedom is to save Afgahn muslims from more radical Afghan Jihadis (we just to arm and fund few decades ago).

Now we start Operation Nigerian Freedom to save Nigerians from Nigierian mujahideens there?

We probably need to start building bridges with Islamist Jihadees soon, China in future would be just as powerful as USSR was and sending our own tropps in every battle is not cost effective if we want to rule the world.

In US, the plus side of continuing to import more Iraqi, Palestinian refugees is that within few years we would have equal number of arabs and jews in US Congress and net effect from that may be quite beneficial for US domestic economy and foreign policy.

Objectivist
07-28-2009, 04:38 PM
And this affects me how?

Pay attention to muslim communities in the United States like Detroit, where they want to run their neighborhoods under sharia law. That means if you live there and have a bible, they can kill you according to the laws of Islam. Does that help you out?

Fozz
07-28-2009, 04:42 PM
Pay attention to muslim communities in the United States like Detroit, where they want to run their neighborhoods under sharia law. That means if you live there and have a bible, they can kill you according to the laws of Islam. Does that help you out?

lol

CountryboyRonPaul
07-28-2009, 04:43 PM

lmao... yeah you've convinced me, we should strike before they do

Objectivist
07-28-2009, 04:44 PM
then bring it up to your local authority, i do not care if your republican or not but your bitching about internal affairs of another country. if it concerns you so much join the french legion and move to nigeria!

Too old for the Legion but can still pass the quals.

Um, the point of this is to show yet again Islam is an immoral religion that is against the freedom of Man. It seems many here are under the delusion that Islam and Muslims are peaceful people, which is utter and complete bullshit.

Note: Still no Muslims condemning the actions of their brethren in Nigeria.

speciallyblend
07-28-2009, 04:47 PM

do you have any links to support that christians in detroit are getting killed over religion? or are you just adding drama to nothing?
your making a huge leap from nigeria to detroit! are you going to detroit or nigeria now?

are you asking the us military to go to nigeria now or detroit??

speciallyblend
07-28-2009, 04:49 PM
Too old for the Legion but can still pass the quals.

Um, the point of this is to show yet again Islam is an immoral religion that is against the freedom of Man. It seems many here are under the delusion that Islam and Muslims are peaceful people, which is utter and complete bullshit.

islam is not immoral but people can be! i could say the same about christians example pat robertson is immoral so all christians are as well by your reasoning on islam!

assassination is moral according to christians(pat robertson)!

Cowlesy
07-28-2009, 04:52 PM

Well I mean if you are looking for that in this specific thread, considering there are what...9,000,000 muslims in the U.S. population of 300,000,000...that gives you a 3% probability of finding one on here if you consider the current set of members to be a perfect ethnic distribution of the United States. So, given the timelength of this thread...I'd say you're kind of grasping at straws (though quietly ignoring the Christians who've condemned Sharia Law in the thread).

I totally understand condemning sharia law, Objectivist, as anti-Freedom, but I guess as someone who I think is sharp and quite able to take care of themself, I'm not sure why you fear it so greatly.

dannno
07-28-2009, 04:53 PM
Well hell, I know plenty of Mexican and even Philipino Catholics whose ancestors were violently forced into Catholicism some generations ago under the threat of death.. and they STILL believe Catholicism is true!! Absolutely amazing to me.. but the fact is that all religions do these things from time to time. It's not race specific, it's not religion specific. The best way to fight it is NOT getting into a holy war or forcing other people into another set of beliefs.

Ozwest
07-28-2009, 04:54 PM
Ask me why I am an atheist?

Sandman33
07-28-2009, 04:54 PM
I hate ANYONE getting all up in your shit.

That includes the federal government.

Catholic inquisitors.

Muslims

Nazi's

The U.S. Armed forces that aren't HERE in the fucking U.S. where they belong.

Oprah

Obama

The Jonas Brothers.

The IRS.

Oh and I forgot the biggest one of all that was SMART enough to somehow stay hidden while doing the worst.

ZIONIST JOOOOOOOOS!..and Joe Biden.

and Feminists.

Liberty Star
07-28-2009, 04:56 PM
i could say the same about christians example pat robertson is immoral so all christians are as well by your reasoning on islam!

I wasn't aware of Pat Robertson's immorality. Better example imo would be racist like John Hagee of notorious CUFI group. When civilians of other races were killed by Israel in Gaza, allegedly he responded with " I love it". That's ultimate immorality and human depravity.

speciallyblend
07-28-2009, 04:56 PM
Ask me why I am an atheist?

because southpark showed you the way of the mormons??? :D

speciallyblend
07-28-2009, 04:58 PM
I wasn't aware of Pat Robertson's immorality. Better example imo would be racist like John Hagee of notorious CUFI group. When civilians of other races were killed by Israel in Gaza, allegedly he responded with " I love it". That's ultimate immorality and human depravity.

well pat robertson endorsed killing leaders of countrys ,sounds pretty immoral to me! being a pastor and all!

hell pat robertson would of have jesus put in jail for being annointed with cannabis oils at birth!

speciallyblend
07-28-2009, 05:00 PM
Oh and I forgot the biggest one of all that was SMART enough to somehow stay hidden while doing the worst.

ZIONIST JOOOOOOOOS!..and Joe Biden.

and Feminists.

the jonas brothers?? man your hardcore:)

Ozwest
07-28-2009, 05:02 PM
because southpark showed you the way of the mormons??? :D

Hahaha...

No.

Religion.

And...

Common sense.

devil21
07-28-2009, 05:06 PM
How many so far condemn the actions taken by the oppressive muslims in Nigeria? Mayb e one?

How would Ron Paul vote on such a Congressional resolution?

Nuff said. I think you're in the wrong place.

TortoiseDream
07-28-2009, 05:09 PM

Your problem: Islam is peaceful; not all Muslims are.

speciallyblend
07-28-2009, 05:11 PM
Hahaha...

No.

Religion.

And...

Common sense.

i hear you;) i always loved the south park episode, shows humans will believe anything you tell them to at an EARLY AGE!

did i mention i just found some new tablets? i wrote them down and destroyed them shhh do not tell anyone ok;)

i was raised baptist catholic and protestant so i am just totally confused;)

CountryboyRonPaul
07-28-2009, 05:12 PM
It's easy to look at the extremists of a religion and make a blanket statement condemning everyone of said religion.

It's harder to see people as Individuals, who don't always fit the stereotypes some would affix to them.

But seeing people as individuals, and not as stereotypical groups is a crucial step which is necessary to understand Liberty.

I have no problems with Islam, as long as they don't enforce Sharia Law on me. :)

Luckily for me, of the handful of Muslims I have known, none have ever tried to infringe on my rights. A small amount of real life experience is worth more than a lifetime of distant media brainrot.

Edit: And believe me, the same goes for Christians, Jews, Blacks, Gays, Women, Reptilians, and even the Jonas Brothers....

maybe not the Jonas Brothers

Ozwest
07-28-2009, 05:29 PM
i hear you;) i always loved the south park episode, shows humans will believe anything you tell them to at an EARLY AGE!

did i mention i just found some new tablets? i wrote them down and destroyed them shhh do not tell anyone ok;)

i was raised baptist catholic and protestant so i am just totally confused;)

I was raised in a religious family. Both of my Grandparents were Ministers, I could not leave the house for 36 hours every week because of worship.

I know!

maqsur
07-28-2009, 06:21 PM

So Hitler was a Muslim?? Or are you (again) implying that Islam = Hitler blah blah blah. Gee, where have I heard this "argument" before? Are you really Michael Savage or of his ilk?

Why should 1.5 billion people (or anyone not directly involved with violent acts) apologize for actions of a few? Should all Americans apologize for the acts of the government? Should white people today apologize for slavery? Etc., etc.

Not that any of this will be absorbed by the OP; his mind is set in stone already.

Dr.3D
07-28-2009, 06:32 PM
Why should 1.5 billion people (or anyone not directly involved with violent acts) apologize for actions of a few? Should all Americans apologize for the acts of the government? Should white people today apologize for slavery? Etc., etc.

I seriously doubt he wants any of them to apologize for anything. I believe he is only wondering where the vocal objection of those 1.5 billion is to what those few are doing. Their silence is deafening.

devil21
07-28-2009, 06:38 PM
I seriously doubt he wants any of them to apologize for anything. I believe he is only wondering where the vocal objection of those 1.5 billion is to what those few are doing. Their silence is deafening.

As if the media would actually promote the Muslim apologists in the first place. Showing any sign that not all "Muslims Are Evil and Hell Bent On Destruction Of America(tm)" shoots our government's Middle East agenda in the foot.

maqsur
07-28-2009, 06:41 PM

Again, the whole "objecting" / apologizing, etc. The people responsible for the violence should be held to account; no one else should be expected to do or say anything.

Feel free to object yourself, but no one else "has to" do anything. For example, if the OP did not start a thread about how he objects to what some Muslims do, I would not assume he is condoning it. Why does everyone have to make a public opinion? That's just ridiculous.

Cannot people have opinions without publically expressing them?

Dr.3D
07-28-2009, 06:41 PM
As if the media would actually promote the Muslim apologists in the first place. Showing any sign that not all "Muslims Are Evil and Hell Bent On Destruction Of America(tm)" shoots our government's Middle East agenda in the foot.

Well, there is still the internet. Find some Youtube vids of any of those 1.5 billion objecting to what those few are doing.

speciallyblend
07-28-2009, 06:43 PM

so is americas silence as we invade countrys with no authority other then the republicans and dems backing illegal wars!! the same could be said of us! the silence is deafening!

maqsur
07-28-2009, 06:47 PM
so is americas silence as we invade countrys with no authority other then the republicans and dems backing illegal wars!! the same could be said of us! the silence is deafening!

Thank you. This can be generalized: If someone objects to a group of Muslims promoting violence, then feel free to do something about it. Expecting others to do it for you is ridiculous.

Dr.3D
07-28-2009, 06:49 PM
I'm sure if you look, you will find plenty of objections to those invasions. Check Youtube.

nbruno322
07-28-2009, 07:06 PM
What a worthless thread. Actually its worse than worthless as it distracts and divides us.

Instead, let us focus our attention on restoring the Republic and the Constitution and not get bogged down in threads like this.

dannno
07-28-2009, 07:22 PM
Well, there is still the internet. Find some Youtube vids of any of those 1.5 billion objecting to what those few are doing.

Well that's sort of difficult considering that the few threaten the majority with violence if they speak out.. but there has been and still is massive resistance within the Muslim community against these extremists.. but unfortunately the extremists are also fighting the western governments, which are also an enemy to the people. If we stopped messing with them then they could focus on resisting tyranny instead of having to focus on resisting western occupation and control through puppet governments.

devil21
07-28-2009, 10:19 PM

Ironically I doubt either you or Objectivist actually searched Youtube yourself for the evidence you are asking for. A quick "muslims against violence" search turned up 1240 hits. "muslims against terrorism" returned 3000+ hits. Im sure any other keyword combinations will reveal even more. Let's also keep in mind that a huge portion of Muslim people live in poor conditions with little or no access to luxuries like Youtube in which to voice their displeasure. And the media certainly doesn't go out of their way to find them.

A few hits that I found particularly interesting:

Down down Wahhabi! Down down bin Laden!
YouTube - Muslims are against terrorism in Iraq and all over the world (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi6cSA4ysBI)

Example of a conference held by Muslims Against Terrorism organization
YouTube - Calgarians Pulling Together - Muslims Against Terrorism (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJo4biR-m3k)

Do you think these people support terrorism?
YouTube - Stop the terror in Iraqالرادود السيد داوود المهنا الØ*سيني (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0XzMap6A-I)

Local news segment about North American Muslims declaring a fatwa against terror
YouTube - North American Muslims Fatwa against terrorism (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9rcfhFxX4g)

There's plenty more. Seems people would rather just assume or throw out generalizations about others without evidence instead of taking the time to do their own research and make up their own mind.

A short video I came across that appears, at least on the surface since Im not religious scholar, to quote from the Koran itself where terrorism is against Islam. I think muslim terrorism is kinda like the abortion clinic bombing Christians that claim that God told them to do it in the Bible. Good luck actually finding that in the Bible anywhere. Same idea.
YouTube - Islam Against Terrorism (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDIxIxIyLis)

free.alive
07-28-2009, 11:15 PM
Wow, what an annoying thread. Threads like these show the worst in us.

"You Zionist!" "You Dhimmi!" "You love the oppressive state!" "A-rabs are all killers!" "Muslims suck!" "Jews suck worse!" "Atheists are stupid."

...meanwhile, in somewhereville... Opportunities to plan and execute political jabs at the state for the advancement of freedom are not being taken. The conspirators are thrashing each other online instead....

free.alive
07-28-2009, 11:17 PM
What a worthless thread. Actually its worse than worthless as it distracts and divides us.

Instead, let us focus our attention on restoring the Republic and the Constitution and not get bogged down in threads like this.

Let's never let an opportunity pass to shitbag each other!

speciallyblend
07-28-2009, 11:51 PM
I'm sure if you look, you will find plenty of objections to those invasions. Check Youtube.

objections maybe but we are still there in Iraq. which says to me we are not loud enough! of course we have to deal with corrupt republicans and dems and a bias media!

americans could be louder but they love to send our troops to fight/occupy in foreign countrys and occupy around 140 countries!

we need to make more noise. i doubt sending 17,000 troops to afgan/pakistan border is for making love not war!

Vessol
07-29-2009, 12:25 AM
Yes, because Christians have always been peaceful and never killed anyone in the name of their faith :rolleyes:

Inb4 someone uses a No True Scotsman

devil21
07-29-2009, 01:13 AM
Wow, what an annoying thread. Threads like these show the worst in us.

"You Zionist!" "You Dhimmi!" "You love the oppressive state!" "A-rabs are all killers!" "Muslims suck!" "Jews suck worse!" "Atheists are stupid."

...meanwhile, in somewhereville... Opportunities to plan and execute political jabs at the state for the advancement of freedom are not being taken. The conspirators are thrashing each other online instead....

God forbid anybody actually discusses a topic on an internet forum. :rolleyes:
I guess educating is a waste of time, right? Better to spend energy figuring out how to paint Obama as being Kenyan or complaining about Graham's next RINO move. :rolleyes:

Lighten up Francis.

free.alive
07-29-2009, 01:57 AM
Francis?

Either you've got the wrong person, or that went over my head. Maybe you're just scouring through the wrong person's posts for your info. I'm no "birther" and have no time for Graham (although I'd love to see him go!)

Curious everyone, in your local groups, do any of you ever see the division we unearth here play out in person?

devil21
07-29-2009, 03:25 AM
Curious everyone, in your local groups, do any of you ever see the division we unearth here play out in person?

If local groups are all that matters then why would RPF even exist? There aren't blatant trolls in your local group, are there? The net is a different animal than the local groups. I don't know about you, but I don't spend every waking moment of my life hanging out with the local meetup group. Do you?

Expatriate
07-29-2009, 07:44 AM
Maybe one of the reasons terrorism exists is because some Muslims use this same line of reasoning against us. Can't you imagine a "jihadist" saying something like this to his band of extremists:

"America peaceful? Not if you're Muslim. They meddle endlessly in our politics causing the deaths of thousands, then when a few enraged individuals strike back, they use it as an excuse to invade our countries and kill and maim tens of thousands more!

And you say not all Americans are evil? Well roll out the peace-loving Americans then! Each one gladly pays for bombs, missiles, jets and drones intended to kill our people with their tax dollars, how many refuse? And American media shows nothing but anti-Muslim propaganda. Where are these people you speak of that want America to mind her own business and stop destroying our countries? I've never heard of such a thing. I'm sure they would be covered by the American Media if they really existed! I don't have time to search on YouTube. All Americans are bloodthirsty devils! Death to the Great Satan!"

Isn't it possible that a good chunk of Muslims have been bamboozled into believing they should fight the West and what it represents ("democracy", freedom of religion etc.), just like a good chunk of Americans have been tricked into thinking they should fight the East? Neither side is inherently evil, just manipulated and limited in their knowledge.

War (whether declared or not) is the lifeblood of the authoritarian state. As long as authoritarians want more power there will be rhetoric in the media designed to set people at each others' throats. I'm not surprised that it shows up even here, on a forum devoted to defusing these conflicts. Before accepting such things as fact, consider asking yourself;

"Why am I being shown this? What is the expected emotional response? Do I know the whole story? Could my own people be shown in such a way?"

What seems worse to you? Scattershot Muslim mob killing and all their bloody religious feuding, or the planned and efficient American use of multimillion dollar war machines to execute perceived enemies in their own countries without trial, jury or verdict? I can guarantee you that we mostly see our own mistakes through rose-colored glasses, preferring to focus instead on atrocities committed by the enemy. There's never a shortage of those.

Fozz
07-29-2009, 07:47 AM
Maybe one of the reasons terrorism exists is because some Muslims use this same line of reasoning against us. Can't you imagine a "jihadist" saying something like this to his band of extremists:

That quote you put in couldn't have been any better.