PDA

View Full Version : Other campaign spies?

Corydoras
09-25-2007, 08:10 PM
I have a memory like a sieve, as well as an often idle curiosity... somewhere today or yesterday I read something about a couple of operatives from another campaign being caught at our campaign's HQ posing as Ron Paul supporters, and they were trying to find out exactly how RP is building this internet movement.

Does anybody have more information about this? This is a hilarious tale, because I don't think Ron himself knows how our movement arose, except that "freedom is popular."

Joe Knows
09-25-2007, 08:12 PM
I have a memory like a sieve, as well as an often idle curiosity... somewhere today or yesterday I read something about a couple of operatives from another campaign being caught at our campaign's HQ posing as Ron Paul supporters, and they were trying to find out exactly how RP is building this internet movement.

Does anybody have more information about this? This is a hilarious tale, because I don't think Ron himself knows how our movement arose, except that "freedom is popular."

I do not know about that but I think that some code enforcement officers have joined some meetup groups to get information about Paint the Town, Ron.

ItsTime
09-25-2007, 08:14 PM
we have to be careful of this! They will also pose as Paul supporters and try to start riots. I am not kidding here. We must be aware of this on the 29th when there will be at least 1500 Ron Paul supporters there.

Anyone wearing a mask is a pig. Anyone with a rock is a pig. Anyone trying to start shit with the cops is a pig. CALL THEM OUT

Noog
09-25-2007, 08:19 PM
lol! This movement started organically because of the truth in RP's message and his record that proves his consistency. They'll never understand that. And they'll never copy it.

Hook
09-25-2007, 08:23 PM
I do not know about that but I think that some code enforcement officers have joined some meetup groups to get information about Paint the Town, Ron.

Why do you think that?

Bradley in DC
09-25-2007, 08:23 PM
Sigh, it is, unfortunately standard operating proceedure for campaigns to send "volunteers" to infiltrate other campaigns...

Hook
09-25-2007, 08:25 PM
Sigh, it is, unfortunately standard operating proceedure for campaigns to send "volunteers" to infiltrate other campaigns...

So what do you do in DC, Brad? :D

max
09-25-2007, 08:26 PM
I hope no one from the other campaigns reads this, because I'm about to give away the secret to Rp's success.

He tells the truth!

Shhhhhh

hard@work
09-25-2007, 08:28 PM
Hmmm... now how can we copy truth ...

bwahahahaha

Scribbler de Stebbing
09-25-2007, 08:34 PM
A friend emailed me this morning asking me to send him a summary of how RP's internet campaign worked because, he said, he needs to give a talk on how the internet is affecting politics. This guy was the MN e-coordinator for Bush, and I think he's supporting the beltway lobbyist now.

I sent him the response that RP was not running an internet campaign; the internet is running Ron Paul as its candidate.

Corydoras
09-25-2007, 08:38 PM
Someday there will be entire doctoral dissertations analyzing this campaign.

jonahtrainer
09-25-2007, 08:53 PM

This is true. This is an entirely new type of campaign and election. Politics is changing.

We need to be prepared for law enforcement agitators such as happened in Canada (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St1-WTc1kow).

I trained our Meetup group tonight, over 100 at the meeting, on this and handed out the BUSTED link with instructions to view it.

tmg19103
09-25-2007, 09:02 PM

You can analyze, but you will never copy it. This is spontaneous, grassroots support using the creativity of tens of thousands thousands - and soon to be millions of RP supporters who recognize that our country has gone to Hell and that RP is the only answer.

The one thing I will say, is that if this exact campaign/primaries were held 30 years from now when everyone is tuned into the internet, RP would already have tens of millions of dollars raised and he would win in a landlside.

You can't duplicate the passion where RP's unique message resonates with so many people. RP as been telling the same story for 30 years, and it has in the past only meant anything to a small minority, yet current world conditions, the economy, the current presidential and congressional policies, as well as other factors have all aligned in a once in a century type deal to turn RP into a phenom who will not only soon shock the MSM, but this country and this world with the resounding message of freedom, peace and prosperity!

Proemio
09-25-2007, 09:06 PM
I sent him the response that RP was not running an internet campaign; the internet is running Ron Paul as its candidate.

Fact!

walt
09-25-2007, 09:09 PM
millions? we need to upgrade this server ASAP.

I love this thread.

bbachtung
09-25-2007, 09:15 PM
I bet several get converted and don't go back to their original candidates.

born2drv
09-25-2007, 09:17 PM
I think the movement can be summarized like this:

Passionate group of very politically-saavy AND internet-saavy people start spreading the message of Ron Paul. Thousands of online communities who have come to trust these political "heavyweights" learn about Ron Paul through referral and then become "experts" of their own who go on and continue the process.

It's not unlike anything else in life. You trust Bob to fix your engine because he's an expert mechanic. You go to forums online seeking advice on just about everything there is. You can get advice about cell phones, or diamonds, or or computers, or ANYTHING online, and it's easier and easier to find these "experts" who contribute freely without being paid, who are YOUR PEERS that you trust.

This is how the internet is changing. We are evolving as a community of "very knoweledgable" people as a result of being 2-3 degrees away from any expert we seek. Unlike media or commercials, etc which are obviously spun a certain way, these experts can quickly put things in perspective for us so we can make an educated decision. No one can be an expert about everything, but we can all get expert advice on the internet if we seek it out.

And the great thing about this is, YOU CAN NOT CONTROL THE INTERNET. The people will always seek the information from unbiased and unfiltered sources they can trust.

This is really not just about Ron Paul. This is about the internet movement in general I do not doubt that in 20-30 years or so the internet will elect the president, not the media. The internet is making everything transparent, unfiltered and instant, and most importantly unbiased.

People will look back at Ron Paul and realize we were not spammers. We were just pioneers. They will realize just how big his support was and how powerful the internet really is. And they better start voting much more carefully because in this new age of technology you can't hide anymore.

constituent
09-25-2007, 09:27 PM
People will look back at Ron Paul and realize we were not spammers. We were just pioneers. They will realize just how big his support was and how powerful the internet really is. And they better start voting much more carefully because in this new age of technology you can't hide anymore.

yes, welcome friends to the electronic renaissance.

Syren123
09-26-2007, 11:48 AM

THAT is the best explanation yet!! Most excellent. This should be the new standard answer to that now tired old question.

ronpaulyourmom
09-26-2007, 11:51 AM

lol, nicely said.

Elwar
09-26-2007, 11:54 AM
A campaign using new technology to get the truth out to a lot of freedom oriented people was used before. It worked pretty well at the time and freedom was gained through its use.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Printing_press

Check it out...I believe some guy named Ben used it quite effectively.

Johnnybags
09-26-2007, 11:54 AM
dark secret to tell the truth. Oh, how can we get volunteers to fill a boat for Rudy? Pay em. How can we get Fred supporters to show up at his hotel? Pay em. Or, you simply tell the truth and get rid of this monolithic government into something far more nimble and less burdensome?

Highmesa
09-26-2007, 12:30 PM

That is so true. The internet has a built in bullshit detector, and if you try to spread BS through it, it will quickly be sniffed out and discarded.

Politicians can try to inject their message into the internets with some success, but being politicians, eventually there is BS in their message somewhere. It gets sniffed out and the message heads down a dead end.

The only way to keep building momentum is to speak the truth and have impecible integrity, and only one canidate fits that description.

constituent
09-26-2007, 12:43 PM
the smeller's the feller

the denier's the supplier

Corydoras
09-26-2007, 05:14 PM
A campaign using new technology to get the truth out to a lot of freedom oriented people was used before.[/url]

LOL
Good insight.

And what will be studied will include the differences between the computer and the printing press in their effects.

Lord Xar
09-26-2007, 05:41 PM

we got tens of millions of illegals bringing out cities to their knees, and police are infiltrating Ron Paul meetup groups to catch 'sign posting violaters"??? wow.. strong special interests...