PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul agreed to raising money for RNC?

theseus51
09-25-2007, 07:49 PM
http://marcambinder.theatlantic.com/archives/2007/09/please_let_me_know_if.php

Just thought it was odd.

LibertyEagle
09-25-2007, 07:52 PM
I have no problem donating to the "RNC's presidential trust dinner". I am trusting that Dr. Paul will be the president. ;)

Cowlesy
09-25-2007, 07:55 PM
I'm sorry, about an RNC phone-banker called me tonight, not even a true RNC staffer. The nice woman, after I told her none of the candidates were very conservative, tried to tell me how "Fred Thompson looks good" and that "Mitt Romney has grassroots...look at Iowa" and that "Mike Huckabee is a devout conservative". After I shot them down she countered with "well Tom Tancredo is principled..look at his border stance." I volleyed back with "Proclaiming that we want to bomb Mecca will ignite approx 1,000,000,000 muslims to declare Jihad against us" --- to which she had no answer.

So then (this whole talk was very civil) I asked her, "What about this Ron Paul guy I hear about?"

She goes, "Uhh well, actually I've never heard of him?" to which I replied, "Really? He's a true-blood conservative republican to which I've donated about $3large to...you've never heard of him, and you wonder why I won't send the RNC $50 lousy bucks?"

At that point my Blood Pressure was too high, said I had a call on the other line and hung up.

Screw the RNC. Until they acknowledge Ron Paul as a believer in the true Republican cause, not a red-cent from me.

Hook
09-25-2007, 07:57 PM
This is why I defected from the GOP 10 years ago.

ctb619
09-25-2007, 07:57 PM
I'm sorry, about an RNC phone-banker called me tonight, not even a true RNC staffer. The nice woman, after I told her none of the candidates were very conservative, tried to tell me how "Fred Thompson looks good" and that "Mitt Romney has grassroots...look at Iowa" and that "Mike Huckabee is a devout conservative". After I shot them down she countered with "well Tom Tancredo is principled..look at his border stance." I volleyed back with "Proclaiming that we want to bomb Mecca will ignite approx 1,000,000,000 muslims to declare Jihad against us" --- to which she had no answer.

So then (this whole talk was very civil) I asked her, "What about this Ron Paul guy I hear about?"

She goes, "Uhh well, actually I've never heard of him?" to which I replied, "Really? He's a true-blood conservative republican to which I've donated about $3large to...you've never heard of him, and you wonder why I won't send the RNC $50 lousy bucks?"

At that point my Blood Pressure was too high, said I had a call on the other line and hung up.

Screw the RNC. Until they acknowledge Ron Paul as a believer in the true Republican cause, not a red-cent from me.

Great story...I love how she had all kinds of talking points about every candidate but Ron Paul. The RNC will never get a dime from me as long as they continue to disrespect and marginalize people like RP.

erowe1
09-25-2007, 07:58 PM
http://marcambinder.theatlantic.com/archives/2007/09/please_let_me_know_if.php

Just thought it was odd.

Umm, yes. Ron Paul is running for President as a Republican. He has served all 20 of his years in Congress as a Republican. Even when he ran for President with the Libertarian party he never gave up his membership in the GOP. He represents a tradition within the political spectrum that is thoroughly Republican. And the way he's going to win this election is by embracing his thoroughbred, conservative, Republican nature, bringing the party and the country back to where it belongs.

james1844
09-25-2007, 07:58 PM
Defacto recognition of the awesomeness of our candidate.

hard@work
09-25-2007, 08:00 PM
The RNC has been stolen from us. The neocons took the party and systemically manipulated the power tree and used them and the media to promote their sick un-American traitorous ideology. They've lied to our people for eight years now (more really, but now they got in power) and continue to use the punditry they own to promote their bullshit. We have to work to completely replace a frikkin small minority. SMALL minority of people. The minority happens to be all in the key positions in both the party and the media. And to top that off they've fed their horseshit to our countrymen for eight years now. And the neocons are fighting feverishly to hold it all together, spouting off massive amounts of propoganda through the media and government controlled channels. This is incredibly difficult to overcome and waking each one of them up at a time has been a huge challenge for us.

Donate to the RNC after all that?!?!? No!! Earn that money by restoring the party first. In the meantime 100% of my expendable political funds go to either the Paul campaign or local libertarian causes.

Corydoras
09-25-2007, 08:02 PM
Ron needs the party not to get in his way even more than they already have.
Good move.

quickmike
09-25-2007, 08:09 PM

Way to set em straight brother!!!

You handled it much better than I would have. I would have called her a flat out liar when she said she had never heard of Ron Paul.