PDA

View Full Version : Friend needs help spreading the message

UCFGavin
09-25-2007, 07:47 PM
I got a message from a friend today (one of the guys that got me into RP) and he is trying to put together a table for one of the big festivals (30,000+ people). Here is what he said:

My local Ron Paul meetup group wants to have a booth at two large events next month. The first is Oktoberfest and the second is the Indian Summer Festival. Oktoberfest cost $150 and the Summer Festival cost $300.

We are a small group with an even smaller number of active supporters. I've already paid for Oktoberfest but I don't have the money for the Festival. Each of these events usually has over 30,000 people show up. It'd be a great opportunity to expose people to Paul's message.

At the Oktoberfest booth, we're going to have my 50" TV setup with a dvd playing youtube videos, we're going to have banners, slim jims, dvds, and all sorts of other things to give away. We would like to do the same thing for the Festival.

Is there anyway that anyone would help us be able to do that? We need at least $300 ($300 for booth costs, plus any extra money for dvd costs, etc) and we need it by this Friday. My paypal address is piranetus@gmail.com if you would like to help. Thanks so much!

We've already raised about $50, and the event is very positive and will reach a lot of people. I know you guys have been giving as much as you possibly can, but if you have any at all to spare, it would be a huge help. He said that if we're unable to raise the money by Friday, he'll refund the money.

Here is the event we're talking about:

http://nuke2.olis.com/IndianSummerFestival/tabid/472/Default.aspx

Thanks guys, greatly appreciated!

UCFGavin
09-25-2007, 08:35 PM
anybody? :(

Sematary
09-25-2007, 08:37 PM
anybody? :(

keep bumping it - I'm sure you'll get some help. You gotta remember, you're competing with the campaign for money right now.

austin356
09-25-2007, 08:49 PM
Well us poor people in Alabama have raised $1,100 in the last 3 hours so I hope you are successful

UCFGavin
09-25-2007, 09:02 PM
keep bumping it - I'm sure you'll get some help. You gotta remember, you're competing with the campaign for money right now.

trying our best, but with the end of Q3 coming i i know its rough.

LibertyEagle
09-25-2007, 09:10 PM
It might be a good idea to post this on The Daily Paul, if you haven't already. Maybe also on the other forum, Ron Paul Forum.

UCFGavin
09-26-2007, 11:53 AM
bumpy bump?

MsDoodahs
09-27-2007, 08:53 AM
Gavin, how is this going?

Can you update us?

Thanks!

Stealth4
09-27-2007, 09:01 AM
I got a message from a friend today (one of the guys that got me into RP) and he is trying to put together a table for one of the big festivals (30,000+ people). Here is what he said:

We've already raised about $50, and the event is very positive and will reach a lot of people. I know you guys have been giving as much as you possibly can, but if you have any at all to spare, it would be a huge help. He said that if we're unable to raise the money by Friday, he'll refund the money.

Here is the event we're talking about:

http://nuke2.olis.com/IndianSummerFestival/tabid/472/Default.aspx

Thanks guys, greatly appreciated!

I hate to say this, but as a general rule we need to pay for our own events. Its hard, but its the way to go. We each need to use our money locally. Perhaps Just pony up the money (credit card) then ask for donations later and get a group treasurer.

If you can raise say 75% of the cost on your own, then we here would probably chip in the remaining 25%.

Johnnybags
09-27-2007, 09:04 AM
I hate to say this, but as a general rule we need to pay for our own events. Its hard, but its the way to go. We each need to use our money locally. Perhaps Just pony up the money (credit card) then ask for donations later and get a group treasurer.

If you can raise say 75% of the cost on your own, then we here would probably chip in the remaining 25%.

Like the Michigan plane banner guys did and asking one of the sites put it up.

LibertyEagle
09-27-2007, 09:07 AM
bumpy bump?

Did you try posting it on The Daily Paul??? I say that, because those of us around here are getting pretty tapped out. For some reason, people seem to always come here first when trying to raise money.

LibertyEagle
09-27-2007, 09:13 AM
Ok, I just sent $25 to the address you named in your 1st post.

But seriously, people have got to start trying to raise money from the Meetups in their own state before coming here and asking.