PDA

View Full Version : A scary thought...(the good kind of scary)

max
09-25-2007, 07:45 PM
These online donations dont even include the numerous mail-ins that surely arrve by the sackful each day...nor do they include the revenue fron those $500 a plate and $1000 a plate fundraisers that RP is busy attending.

This despite the fact that his name recognition is still ABYSMALLY (but temporarily) low.

So, what's gonna happend when a well funded RP becomes a household name and potentially MILLIONS of Americans get bit with the same bug that so many others already have?

If he can raise this type of dough when people still dont know who he is...just imagine when the word about him gets out to the silent, previously unpolitical pissed off majority that is our ultimate target.

Can RP get as huge as Ross Perot??? (before Perot he flaked out)

scary!

SwooshOU
09-25-2007, 07:46 PM
That's a good thought.

LibertyEagle
09-25-2007, 07:47 PM
Who cares about Perot. I want him to be as big as Ronald Reagan right before he won the election for his 1st term.

JoshLowry
09-25-2007, 07:48 PM
I'm not sure, we did see a rather large jump from ~180k to ~250k in a matter of hours.

They might be tallying both online and mail in donations. No way to really tell.

ctb619
09-25-2007, 07:50 PM
They might be tallying both online and mail in donations. No way to really tell.

"Our goal is to raise $500,000 online by September 30th."

max
09-25-2007, 07:53 PM
I'm not sure, we did see a rather large jump from ~180k to ~250k in a matter of hours.

This quote from the website leads me to believe the thermometer is for online donations only..
A little more than a day later $170,000 had been raised, with additional donations coming in at a rate of a little more than $10,000 every hour.

$10,000 an hour....

ItsTime
09-25-2007, 07:53 PM
Ron Pauls polls are really closer to 20% mostly middle and lower income pissed off people who can not afford to give the $2,300 so they donate what they can. But millions of drops of water make a bucketful. IMO

hard@work
09-25-2007, 08:06 PM
Ron Pauls polls are really closer to 20% mostly middle and lower income pissed off people who can not afford to give the $2,300 so they donate what they can. But millions of drops of water make a bucketful. IMO

Especially if a central theme in the campaign is for us to donate what we can. One million supporters donating $25 each? We could easily change Ron Paul's mind on the run as an independent.

Alabama Supporter
09-25-2007, 08:08 PM
I am very pleased with our progress so far with probably less than 20% name recognition

JoshLowry
09-25-2007, 08:10 PM
This quote from the website leads me to believe the thermometer is for online donations only..
A little more than a day later $170,000 had been raised, with additional donations coming in at a rate of a little more than $10,000 every hour.

$10,000 an hour....

Yea, I guess so then...

I was surprised how quickly it jumped from 180k to 250k in a matter of 4 hours.

Stealth4
09-25-2007, 08:10 PM
These online donations dont even include the numerous mail-ins that surely arrve by the sackful each day...nor do they include the revenue fron those $500 a plate and $1000 a plate fundraisers that RP is busy attending.

This despite the fact that his name recognition is still ABYSMALLY (but temporarily) low.

So, what's gonna happend when a well funded RP becomes a household name and potentially MILLIONS of Americans get bit with the same bug that so many others already have?

If he can raise this type of dough when people still dont know who he is...just imagine when the word about him gets out to the silent, previously unpolitical pissed off majority that is our ultimate target.

Can RP get as huge as Ross Perot??? (before Perot he flaked out)

scary!

The fundraisers are usually online donations though - they just have a special project code.

Bradley in DC
09-25-2007, 08:13 PM
Who cares about Perot. I want him to be as big as Ronald Reagan right before he won the election for his 1st term.

Psspht--only 44 states?! I want him to be as big as on Reagan's re-election (my first vote) when he carried 49 states (getting just less than Mondale in MN where both got 49.something% of the vote).

max
09-25-2007, 08:13 PM
Yea, I guess so then...

I was surprised how quickly it jumped from 180k to 250k in a matter of 4 hours.

This Bydlak dude is doing a great job with these cool fundraising games.

This is the type of creative stuff I've been waiting for.

Now if we just convince HQ to put aravoth's stop dreaming or human events video front and center at the campaign website....

best videos I've seen thats for sure

JoshLowry
09-25-2007, 08:34 PM
Now if we just convince HQ to put aravoth's stop dreaming or human events video front and center at the campaign website....

best videos I've seen thats for sure

Seconded for the 100th time. Aravoth rocks.

Check out the Top Rated News and Politics Videos of All Time on YouTube.com...

http://www.youtube.com/browse?s=tr&t=a&c=25&l=

Very impressive. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/icons/icon14.gif

Corydoras
09-25-2007, 08:36 PM
I think the campaign ought to hire Aravoth in some capacity. He's a treasure.

Scribbler de Stebbing
09-25-2007, 08:40 PM
Psspht--only 44 states?! I want him to be as big as on Reagan's re-election (my first vote) when he carried 49 states (getting just less than Mondale in MN where both got 49.something% of the vote).

You're older than me, Bradley? I'm glad someone around here is older than me! I was still ineligible to vote my first year in college, and feel snookered by that to this day. Luckily, that was after Reagan's re-election.

The vast majority of the donations are online. I wouldn't count on sacks full of mail each day. That's okay. These online contributions are CHEAP to the campaign, where the beltway lobbyist is paying out roughly half his contributions in fundraising expenses.

Corydoras
09-25-2007, 08:42 PM
We are making history, people!
Nothing like this campaign has ever existed before!

DjLoTi
09-25-2007, 08:45 PM
Bradley is a 22 year-old political genius.