PDA

View Full Version : White House Calls Birther Movement "Fictional Nonsense"

Lavoro
07-27-2009, 01:07 PM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2009/07/27/white_house_calls_birther_movement_fictional_nonse nse.html

dannno
07-27-2009, 01:14 PM
Then why have his lawyers spent hundreds of thousands, if not millions of dollars avoiding the issue? If it were fictional nonsense it seems like it would be something that could go away while avoiding all of those expensive costs..

Lavoro
07-27-2009, 01:18 PM
"Because... well... uh... We can't give those, those loons what they want. It would legitimize their concern. So we must not give in!"

Of course, it's all financed by these suckers: organizing for America (http://www.barackobama.com/) (Barf Alert)

Mini-Me
07-27-2009, 01:22 PM
Then why have his lawyers spent hundreds of thousands, if not millions of dollars avoiding the issue? If it were fictional nonsense it seems like it would be something that could go away while avoiding all of those expensive costs..

To be fair, this is the same government that paid $18 million for a website update. ;) While I don't pay much attention to this issue, I do think it's interesting how they're claiming it's nonsense while being so reluctant to release his full birth records. I'd understand that mentality if Obama were a private citizen whose birth records were nobody's business but his own...but considering the circumstances, I'm getting the impression that he and his primary backers have something to hide. Who knows? This isn't going away, so time will tell.

Dr.3D
07-27-2009, 01:26 PM
Oh come on, that spokesman said Obama's birth certificate was posted on the internet for all to see. That should be the end of it. /*end sarcasm*/

Strange how nobody in the media has asked why the certificate shown wasn't the long form certificate of live birth and why so much money has been spent to keep the long form certificate from being shown.

Romulus
07-27-2009, 01:28 PM
There are 10,000 more important issues for people in this country to discuss, than whether or not the president is a citizen when it's been proven ad nauseam.

Lie. It has never been proven that he's a citizen. Let's see the proof, then we'll shutup.

Kraig
07-27-2009, 01:30 PM
You are telling me that Gibbs covered his own administration's ass!?!? No fucking way!

Lavoro
07-27-2009, 01:35 PM
You are telling me that Gibbs covered his own administration's ass!?!? No fucking way!
I was expecting him to came and tell us we had gotten 'em. :D

But seriously, this reeks of desperation.

jkr
07-27-2009, 03:09 PM
no WAY!

Sandra
07-27-2009, 03:14 PM
Hey Lavaro, Orly paying ya'll for the "forum takeover" or ya doin' it for free?

Kraig
07-27-2009, 03:16 PM
I was expecting him to came and tell us we had gotten 'em. :D

But seriously, this reeks of desperation.

I wish. I mean I thought Gibbs reeked of desperation when he was trying to pacify the angry reporters and tell them why they were told Obama was on the plane when he really wasn't on the plane, yet the fucker is living off our money as we speak.

fedup100
07-27-2009, 03:24 PM
Hey Lavaro, Orly paying ya'll for the "forum takeover" or ya doin' it for free?

Oh brother her comes the stink on shit that only stops sucking zero long enough to hijack the BC threads.

Go back to the suck honey cause this ole dog aint gonna hunt.

Sandra
07-27-2009, 03:28 PM
Oh brother her comes the stink on shit that only stops sucking zero long enough to hijack the BC threads.

Go back to the suck honey cause this ole dog aint gonna hunt.

Fedup, your OP buddy was called on trolling in the last thread he made. Go back up someone else.

Lavoro
07-27-2009, 03:34 PM
Bump for... "trolling."

fedup100
07-27-2009, 03:45 PM
ditto

fedup100
07-27-2009, 03:50 PM
The only "fictional nonsense" is zero's presidency!

speciallyblend
07-27-2009, 03:53 PM
more pie in the gop's face! i am just waiting for the punchline!

Isaac Bickerstaff
07-27-2009, 04:07 PM
What baffles me is why the mainstream media is reporting on this. All other important events outside of the elites' control is shuffled to page 12c or omitted entirely. I would proceed with extreme caution. I don't think the BC issue caught "Them" by surprise or is causing them to deviate from their agenda at all.

zach
07-27-2009, 04:12 PM
at least truther sounds cool sometimes.

a birther reminds me of someone who's willing to birth a person.. nothing to do with a certificate.

fedup100
07-27-2009, 04:25 PM
at least truther sounds cool sometimes.

a birther reminds me of someone who's willing to birth a person.. nothing to do with a certificate.

If we are called "birthers" they need a handle too, lets give them one. I'll start with a few:

1. "Hiders"

2. "fraudsters"

3. "liars"

zach
07-27-2009, 04:41 PM
gopers, righters...

Bossobass
07-27-2009, 04:42 PM
Johnson: "We're winning the war in Vietnam."

Nixon: "I am not a crook."

Ford: "There is no evidence that Oswald didn't act alone."

Carter: "We had some notable accomplishments"

Reagan: "I did not trade weapons for hostages."

Bush: "Read my lips, no new taxes."

Clinton: "I did not have sexual relations with that woman."

Little Bush: "We don't want the smoking gun to be a mushroom cloud."

Obanana: "I'm American, trust me."

Bosso

__27__
07-27-2009, 04:45 PM

Bosso

Aw, can't Bushies be "Newkewlar"? :D

axiomata
07-27-2009, 06:44 PM
Because dragging it out makes his political enemies look like crazies. He calculates that such is more damaging to his enemies in the court of public opinion than the outstanding charges are to him. He's probably right.

fedup100
07-27-2009, 06:58 PM
Because dragging it out makes his political enemies look like crazies. He calculates that such is more damaging to his enemies in the court of public opinion than the outstanding charges are to him. He's probably right.

No it's going south for obongo on this one.

pcosmar
07-27-2009, 07:21 PM

Bosso

http://www.instantrimshot.com/

Pete
07-27-2009, 07:52 PM
What baffles me is why the mainstream media is reporting on this. All other important events outside of the elites' control is shuffled to page 12c or omitted entirely. I would proceed with extreme caution. I don't think the BC issue caught "Them" by surprise or is causing them to deviate from their agenda at all.

It bugs me, too. Two possibilities that have occurred to me:

Everyone is spastic about him possibly not being born in HI when the real issue is that O's father was a foreigner and his mother underage to be a HI resident.
The whole thing was a setup from the beginning in order to make Boobus want a Constitutional Convention.

idirtify
07-27-2009, 08:42 PM
The whole thing was a setup from the beginning in order to make Boobus want a Constitutional Convention.

If you’re again gonna claim that’s a reason to not hold Obama’s feet to the fire, at least provide some kind of outside support for your opinion.

itshappening
07-27-2009, 08:48 PM
there is a story here because they keep saying "we released the birth certificate" NO they didn't, the longer version hasnt been released and was destroyed according to WND so they're lying, flat out lying.

this is freaky, he keeps repeating this lie and so do most of the media...

Valli6
07-27-2009, 09:55 PM
GIIBBS:
"A year and a half ago I asked that the birth certificate be put on the internet. Because Lord knows, If you got a birth certificate and you put it on the internet, what els can be the story?"

The story could be that Obama's dual-citizenship at birth excludes him from qualifying as a natural born citizen as is required to be president. This is what Donofrio's lawsuit argued and I think it was always the real issue.

The born-in-kenya story was popularized by Berg, a democrat and a Clinton supporter. I heard the audio that was supposed to be Obama's grandmother claiming he was born in Kenya. It sounded artificial. I suspect this rumor was a red herring, pushed, milked and kept alive so that once the real issue comes out it will appear to be just a new take on an old internet rumor.

I agree with others that suddenly this story is being mentioned a lot more in the media. Always the born-in-kenya angle though. Always the "birther" label. And always the scanned image of a document posted online offered as proof of eligibility.

akihabro
07-27-2009, 11:13 PM
I think anyone of us would prove beyond a shadow of a doubt we were born in America or were qualified to become president (if we ever ran)

I heard one sheep proclaim to the crowd when challenged by a RP supported about his b.c (when Obama went on the tonight show with Jay Leno) "get over it, he's our president now."
I just shook my head in sorrow that they didn't want to listen to the guy, just parrot what the admin told them on MSNBC.

Optatron
08-01-2009, 02:32 AM

Bosso

you're suggesting that just because presidents have lied, all Presidents lie?

was Obanana supposed to be funny?

libertarian4321
08-01-2009, 04:28 AM

Yup.

I've been saying this for months.

He's letting the birthers run amok, and probably laughing his ass off, because he knows that to the average American, the birthers look like tin foil hatters.

Since the early days of Ron Paul's candidacy, we've occasionally been labeled "tin foil hatters" because a small group of extremists glommed onto the Ron Paul bandwagon. It allowed the press to point to these folks and associate ALL of us with them.

The "birthers" do the same thing. They make RP and his supporters look like wack jobs. That's why I've been saying for months that we should leave this stuff to the extremist right wing web sites.

It doesn't do us any good because there is no way to prove that he wasn't born in Hawaii (if you think Obama is going to be "removed from office" over this, you're out of your freakin' mind), and it takes our focus away from REAL ISSUES- health care, cap and trade, bail outs, and the like.

Objectivist
08-01-2009, 04:36 AM
So? They also said they've "saved" jobs with millions going unemployed.

Pepsi
08-01-2009, 05:03 AM
Leo Donofrio Wall Street Journal Caught Spreading False Legal Propaganda Via James Taranto

http://naturalborncitizen.wordpress.com/2009/07/31/wall-street-journal-caught-sp reading-false-legal-propaganda-via-james-taranto/

Stary Hickory
08-01-2009, 07:52 AM
"Because... well... uh... We can't give those, those loons what they want. It would legitimize their concern. So we must not give in!"

Of course, it's all financed by these suckers: organizing for America (http://www.barackobama.com/) (Barf Alert)

Yes the next time I am on trial for murder I will refuse to put forth any evidence on my behalf, calling it preposterous that I was even accused. That will show them.

Idiots. Obama acts like he has something to hide.

YouTube - Kenyan Ambassador admits Obama born in Kenya (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH4GX3Otf14)

Sandra
08-01-2009, 08:07 AM
I guess Lavoro was a sock puppet then? Sudden appearance then disappearance.

Number19
08-01-2009, 09:11 AM
Leo Donofrio Wall Street Journal Caught Spreading False Legal Propaganda Via James Taranto

http://naturalborncitizen.wordpress.com/2009/07/31/wall-street-journal-caught-sp reading-false-legal-propaganda-via-james-taranto/Government is all about power. The Supreme Court has it. You don't. If Obama was born in Hawaii, then he is legally qualified to be POTUS.

Matt Collins
08-03-2009, 02:52 PM
[/URL][url]http://barefootandprogressive.blogspot.com/2009/08/more-birther-fun-and-fineprint.html (http://barefootandprogressive.blogspot.com/2009/08/more-birther-fun-and-fineprint.html)

At Fancy Farm, I asked Republican Senate candidate Rand Paul if President Obama was born in the United States and he said he "didn't know". Yes, Rand Paul is a birther.

Give me liberty
08-03-2009, 03:15 PM
[/URL][url]http://barefootandprogressive.blogspot.com/2009/08/more-birther-fun-and-fineprint.html (http://barefootandprogressive.blogspot.com/2009/08/more-birther-fun-and-fineprint.html)

that doesnt make a birther:rolleyes:

Original_Intent
08-03-2009, 03:33 PM
So now to shut anyone up all the MSM has to do is label it fringe...

Oh those fringe 2nd amendment people....

Oh those fringe people who think the government doesn't have a right to tap their phones...

Those stupid fringe people who wouldn't peacefully go to the FEMA camps...

Just address the issues, don't worry about stupid MSM labels.

Deborah K
08-03-2009, 03:36 PM
Gibbs said. "If I had some DNA, it wouldn't assuage those who believe he wasn't born here."

DNA???? What am I missing here? DNA from what? From whom? What is he talking about?

RideTheDirt
08-03-2009, 03:45 PM
reminds me of this:...
YouTube - Obama says don't dispute Official 9/11 Story (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVr8K_nSq1I)