PDA

View Full Version : Response from Klobuchar on Cap & Tax

muh_roads
07-27-2009, 11:19 AM
Bolded the part I found interesting. Maybe the senate version will block any increases on peoples energy bills.

Dear XXXX:

Thank you for contacting me about climate change and energy legislation. Your comments are important to me and I appreciate the opportunity to respond.

We need a comprehensive energy strategy that creates jobs, promotes economic innovation, and reduces our dependence on foreign oil. Such a strategy should increase development of advanced biofuels and other domestic energy resources such as hydro, geothermal and wind power as well as increased offshore drilling where appropriate. It should also include new coal technologies, safe nuclear power, and expand research and development into long-term energy solutions. Minnesotaís renewable standard is a good example of a policy that should be pursued on the national level.

As you know, the U.S. House of Representatives recently passed the American Clean Energy and Security Act of 2009 (H.R. 2454). I have met with and heard from many constituents who have concerns about this bill. As the Senate considers energy legislation, I will work to address these concerns with a focus on keeping energy costs down for the middle class and fighting to ensure that Minnesota businesses and farmers are treated fairly.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact me. One of the most important parts of my job is listening to what the people of Minnesota have to say to me. I am here in our nationís capital to do the publicís business and to serve the people of our state. I hope you will contact me again about matters of concern to you.

Sincerely,

Amy Klobuchar
United States Senator