PDA

View Full Version : Bunning, "That means it's none of your g-- d--- business"

TruthisTreason
07-27-2009, 10:35 AM
Bunning is a news media punching bag...

Bunning's first quarter finance report didn't show him paying for a poll that he commissioned earlier in the quarter.

You remember that poll. When my colleague, Jim Carroll, asked Bunning about the results, he told him, “Let's say that I did the polling.”

When Carroll asked what that meant, Bunning said, “That means it's none of your g-- d--- business. If you paid the 20 grand for the poll, you can get some information out of it.” (He later apologized for his language.)

We surmised that he may have been withholding payment to show a larger “cash-on-hand” figure for that first quarter, which ended March 31. Bunning didn't like that column and in a conference call on May 5 said that he didn't get the bill and that he didn't ask his pollster, the Tarrance Group, to withhold the bill until after the quarter.

“That's against the rules of the (Federal Election Commission),” he said. “And I don't violate the rules of the FEC.”

Well, it turns out that Bunning's campaign paid the $14,2739 bill on April 1 — the first day of the second quarter, according to his latest campaign finance report.

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20090727/COLUMNISTS21/907270310/Joseph+Gerth++The+check+s+in+the+mail

TruthisTreason
07-27-2009, 10:41 AM
From the same story:

Funny stuff!!!!

Join the crowd?

Has Bunning banned everyone from his weekly conference call?

He hasn't had the call for the past two weeks, even though the Senate has been in session.

No, says Bunning spokesman Mike Reynard. He said there were simply scheduling conflicts the past couple of weeks. It had nothing at all to do with the July 15 deadline for filing his second-quarter fundraising report.

Reynard said to expect the calls to start again Tuesday. But he said I won't be on it.

Oh, well.

Joseph Gerth

Matt Collins
07-27-2009, 11:20 AM
Bunning is a news media punching bag...Not to say that the media will ever be our friend, but ya can't overtly piss them off like Bunning has done. Is it any wonder they are treating him this way? :rolleyes:

When Carroll asked what that meant, Bunning said, “That means it's none of your g-- d--- business. ” (He later apologized for his language.)Way to win over the social conservatives. :rolleyes:

Aratus
07-27-2009, 11:45 AM
didn't one of the governors of florida have a cool auld southern quip raccoon "leader of the pack" that was a put-down of ever hopeful jeb bush...???