PDA

View Full Version : Donating Via Ron Paul Store: Good Question

libertythor
09-25-2007, 07:09 PM
Does the entire purchase amount get counted as a donation? It would be more logical to just count the profit.

If the former is the case, it is better to just donate everything straight to the campaign.

richard1984
09-25-2007, 07:14 PM
Does the entire purchase amount get counted as a donation? It would be more logical to just count the profit.

If the former is the case, it is better to just donate everything straight to the campaign.

I would say that it's just the profit...since that's the only option that makes sense...(at least to me).

But by buying products, you (sort of) kill two birds with one stone--since you're purchasing products to spread the word and you're donating money at the same time!

Of course...I don't really know how this stuff works....

Good question!

Marshall
09-25-2007, 07:18 PM
I kinda thought that they sold at cost. I rather hope they do, that way you can buy all the supplies you want without having to add towards your donation total. That way, people @ 2,300 could still purchase all the merchandise they want to pass out.

tekkierich
09-25-2007, 07:18 PM
Well, I know they have to be profiting. Shipping cost are way out there. They should be able to send many of these things via media mail which is very cheap. I mailed a 30 pound box of comics a old roommate left behind to him for something like $10 cross country. It is a low priority method of mailing things, but it would be good as an option.