PDA

View Full Version : Do you support the Constitution?

AggieforPaul
07-26-2009, 11:19 PM
Or do you see it as merely a tool to be used as a stepping stone on the way to even less government than authorized under the Constitution?

Kludge
07-26-2009, 11:20 PM
I support the Constitution when the Constitution supports me.

heavenlyboy34
07-26-2009, 11:21 PM
Just a stepping stone.

literatim
07-26-2009, 11:25 PM
I support it.

Conza88
07-26-2009, 11:26 PM
I support it's use as a rhetorical tool in an age of manufactured consent. See: Dr. Ron Paul

rp08orbust
07-26-2009, 11:27 PM
I'd prefer the United States to dissolve, but in the meantime, I prefer the US government to be limited by its existing constitution.

South Park Fan
07-26-2009, 11:50 PM
Stepping stone, if that is possible.

tremendoustie
07-26-2009, 11:57 PM
Or do you see it as merely a tool to be used as a stepping stone on the way to even less government than authorized under the Constitution?

The constitution authorizes theft, so no, I don't support it, although it would be a heck of a lot better than what we have now.

Standing Like A Rock
07-27-2009, 12:09 AM
I would be ok with a government as the constitution tells us it should be because at least it is legal, however I would prefer a government more like one under the Articles of Confederation.

TheConstitutionLives
07-27-2009, 12:24 AM
I'd prefer the United States to dissolve, but in the meantime, I prefer the US government to be limited by its existing constitution.

+1

rp08orbust
07-27-2009, 12:53 AM

On the other hand, in light of my recent thinking in http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=201547 ...

A government truly limited by the US Constitution could probably not brankrupt itself out of existence, as is my desire.

So I guess I would support the US Constitution with a an amendment guaranteeing every American the right to a Congressional gold medal :D

Vessol
07-27-2009, 01:35 AM
I can see the appeal of Minimalism, but I don't think it can work in the widescale.

I'm more entitled to the idea of a loose structure of city-states or regions united under a common cause of defense but otherwise controlling their own affairs. Much like the Ancient Greek model.

nobody's_hero
07-27-2009, 04:13 AM
I can see the appeal of Minimalism, but I don't think it can work in the widescale.

I'm more entitled to the idea of a loose structure of city-states or regions united under a common cause of defense but otherwise controlling their own affairs. Much like the Ancient Greek model.

That's how the Constitution was supposed to work. In fact, it even says so:

"The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government . . ."

Unfortunately, the Constitution's claws are no sharper than the people's.