PDA

View Full Version : Disorderlyvision's Book Giveaway # 6

disorderlyvision
07-26-2009, 10:00 PM
RCA you have won

On the Constitution, Selections from the Federalist Papers by Hamilton, Madison and Jay edited by Ralph H., Ed Gabriel

ChaosControl you have won

How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie.

TastyWheat you have won

The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand

If you won PM your mailing address.

If you didn't win, better luck next time...

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
07-26-2009, 10:13 PM
put me in for either!

ClayTrainor
07-26-2009, 10:22 PM
put me in for fountainhead and how to win friends and influence people :)

Andrew-Austin
07-26-2009, 10:30 PM
Put me down for the Carnegie one.

Already read The Fountainhead, and I'd be more interested in anti-federalist papers than I would be in federalist ones.

Dreamofunity
07-26-2009, 11:02 PM
Put me in for all 3.

Where do you get all these awesome books?

dr. hfn
07-26-2009, 11:13 PM
put me in for all three!!! woohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oo!!!

disorderlyvision
07-26-2009, 11:34 PM
Put me in for all 3.

Where do you get all these awesome books?

I posted this in one of my other giveaways:

My aunt owns a thrift store, sometimes I will get a free box of books that somone left behind. and I go to a lot of booksales, etc. Occasionally I will accidentally mooch a duplicate off of Bookmooch...

I can't pass up a good book when it is only .25 give or take. Not that many people read anymore so iti s easy to come across books.

A lot of the crappy books i get (daniel steele:eek: etc) I put on bookmooch. Sometimes I run into books I already own, but I think they are good or whatever, and I will pick it up. I used to put them on bookmooch, but I got the idea one day that some of these books would be of interest to people on here. I already have a budget to mail books because of bookmooch, so I figured why not put them on here instead. Give back to the community a little. You guys help me keep my sanity sometimes. I post on my towns local message board sometimes, and those people are always doing the left vs right bs and I feel like my head is going to explode. so it is kinda my way of saying thanks for being decent human beings and preventing my head from sponatneously combusting from an overload of stupidity.
:D

Places I have sent books:

http://i524.photobucket.com/albums/cc329/disorderlyvision/statemap.gif

http://i524.photobucket.com/albums/cc329/disorderlyvision/worldmap.gif

Created these for my Bookmooch profile a while back. I need to add a couple, ut I have been to lazy to update it yet.

And for anybody that cares here are the books that I own. http://www.anobii.com/dunbake

Here is my new badass double sided bookshelf My aunt hooked me up with:

Side 1:
http://i524.photobucket.com/albums/cc329/disorderlyvision/SS850839.jpg

Side 2:
http://i524.photobucket.com/albums/cc329/disorderlyvision/SS850845.jpg

My other bookshelf:
http://i524.photobucket.com/albums/cc329/disorderlyvision/SS850846.jpg

Unspun
07-26-2009, 11:40 PM
Put me down for The Fountainhead, please.

Dreamofunity
07-27-2009, 12:03 AM
I can never find any good ones at thrift stores or book sales, you're lucky.

What percentage of your collection have you read? And how do you decide which books to give in these giveaways?

Impressive collection btw.

disorderlyvision
07-27-2009, 12:27 AM
I can never find any good ones at thrift stores or book sales, you're lucky.

What percentage of your collection have you read? And how do you decide which books to give in these giveaways?

Impressive collection btw.

Currently, probably 25-30% read, but I am finishing new ones all the time, and some of the books are just used as reference material, so they will never be read completely.

Most of the books that I giveaway I either have a duplicate of, or it is one that I read but probably wont reread. that doesn't necessarily mean I didn't like the book. I try to pick books that I think people here might like (mostly poplitical and philosophical books)

TastyWheat
07-27-2009, 12:40 AM
Fountainhead for me. It's the only novel of her's I don't have.

Imperial
07-27-2009, 01:13 AM
Dale Carnegie's Influencing people please!

I am happy to say I own a book of selected copies from the Federalist Papers AND the Fountainhead. :D Wrote a decent essay on that book...

LittleLightShining
07-27-2009, 05:46 AM
Fountainhead for me. It's the only novel of her's I don't have.I won The Fountainhead in d.o.'s first giveaway. I have never read Rand :eek: and I am in love.

Please enter me for Carnegie's book (though I can't help wondering if I should just pay attention to Peter Keating for the same lesson???)

Also, d.o., you can add VT to your map :)

FrankRep
07-27-2009, 08:58 AM
Put me down for:

How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie

RCA
07-27-2009, 10:16 AM
put me down for "on the constititution..." and "how to win friends and influence people"

:D

Mrs.Joe
07-27-2009, 11:43 AM
im in for any and all

BudhaStalin
07-27-2009, 09:54 PM
Put me in for carnegie's work please! :)

Mandrik
07-27-2009, 10:28 PM
How to Win Friends & Fountainhead, please! :)

disorderlyvision
07-28-2009, 11:48 AM
bump. probably end this giveaway tonight sometime

No1ButPaul08
07-28-2009, 12:08 PM
Put me in for How to Win Friends and Fountainhead.

Thanks for the awesome giveaway!

Kraig
07-28-2009, 12:16 PM
Put me down for How to Win Friends & Influence People, I've heard great things about that book, been wanting to read it for awhile.

disorderlyvision
07-28-2009, 04:10 PM
bump

Mandrik
07-28-2009, 04:32 PM
I wanted to mention this during one of the previous book giveaways but totally forgot. You said you wanted to read Recarving Rushmore, but haven't picked it up yet. So I thought since you are giving so many books away I can give you my copy when I'm done. Granted I'm only up to John Quincy Adams, but I have a couple vacations coming up over the next couple weekends. I'm a late nighter, so I plan on doing a lot of hotel reading while the wife & kids sleep. I'm a really fast reader, but I hardly have any free time (plus I like to take my time with educational books).

If you don't mind waiting a few weeks to a month I'd be more than happy to send this your way. The only thing I ask is that you in turn give it away on these forums when you're done. :D

disorderlyvision
07-28-2009, 04:36 PM
I wanted to mention this during one of the previous book giveaways but totally forgot. You said you wanted to read Recarving Rushmore, but haven't picked it up yet. So I thought since you are giving so many books away I can give you my copy when I'm done. Granted I'm only up to John Quincy Adams, but I have a couple vacations coming up over the next couple weekends. I'm a late nighter, so I plan on doing a lot of hotel reading while the wife & kids sleep. I'm a really fast reader, but I hardly have any free time (plus I like to take my time with educational books).

If you don't mind waiting a few weeks to a month I'd be more than happy to send this your way. The only thing I ask is that you in turn give it away on these forums when you're done. :D

That would be awesome! I would appreciate it, and when I finish it I will list it in a giveaway.:D Thanks for the offer

ChaosControl
07-28-2009, 04:38 PM
Put me in for How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie

Thanks

disorderlyvision
07-28-2009, 07:59 PM
bump

winners announced