PDA

View Full Version : Palin to Press: Stop making things up for the sake of troops

Liberty Star
07-26-2009, 05:48 PM
This is breaking news from Alaska. Palin has said in her farewell speech that our troops ( in Iraq ) are protecting our freedoms, freedom of speech and that she intends to exercise her freedom of speech right. She affirmed her support for freedom of press and went on to tell Press to stop making things up for the sake of troops.
She also noted Alaska's strategic location and at one point remembered the "good ol days" when Alaskans did what they wanted and didn't give a darn about what others thought.

Now would the press heed her call and quit making stuff up?

BTW, was she informed that CNN was carrying speech live? At various points it seemed as if she was planning to run for Prime Minister of Alsaka. Speech was bit too colloquial with no hint whatsoever of any grander political ambitions.

JoshLowry
07-26-2009, 05:54 PM
Palin is an idiot. Please don't create new threads about her.

Liberty Star
07-26-2009, 06:01 PM
Yea, on second thought I should have added another tangent to other thread. I can't believe CNN carried her speech live with senior analysts on standby in Washington and on the ground in Alaska. I got carried away too :)

Matt Collins
07-26-2009, 06:08 PM
our troops ( in Iraq ) are protecting our freedoms, Not they're not. Iraq has nothing to do with the freedom of American individuals. :rolleyes:

catdd
07-26-2009, 06:44 PM
"Iraq has nothing to do with the freedom of American individuals"

Absolutely nothing.
If the troops were protecting our freedoms, then they'd be laying siege to Washington DC right now.

Liberty Star
07-26-2009, 06:51 PM
When she said that, she hot loud applause ( perhaps with few muzzled boos but was hard to tell). At lease significant portion os the "base" apparently believes exactly that even today, that's scary almost.

This was going to be my next thread but here it goes :)

Palin: I resisted the Stimulus Package

But did she really?

Need to lookup her interview clip but that seems like a reversal from "drill baby drill" singer. I thought she had said inaction was not an option when Corric asked her about stimulus packages.

Revolution0918
07-26-2009, 08:08 PM
catdd.....^^^^^^ so on point

Dreamofunity
07-26-2009, 09:29 PM
Palin is an idiot. Please don't create new threads about her.

lol this.