PDA

View Full Version : Joint pledge "contract"

Mastiff
09-25-2007, 06:06 PM
I know we need to pledge like crazy right now anyway, but I had a thought. Would you pledge a lot more if you knew it was going to make a big difference? Personally, I'd send $250 or more if I knew it would make a huge media splash. So, the idea would be that you pledge to give some larger amount if and only if there are other combined pledges that add up to ... oh, $10M (?).

I'm not sure exactly how to mechanize it, but it would be easy with credit cards. The campaign could just gather up the info, and not actually charge the cards until the total pledge count was reached. They'd have to put a shortish timeline on it so if it failed people could go back to plain old donations.

Thoughts?

BillyDkid
09-25-2007, 06:49 PM
I think you have a point. People might be inclined to pledge more if they could see what, specifically, there money is for or what it is doing. I donate what I can, but might be inclined to give even more for a particular effort - a special NH commercial or a big newspaper ad blitz. People need to know these things so they can feel like they are a part of it and not just throwing money blindly.

Mastiff
10-06-2007, 07:20 AM
I got dead silence when I mentioned the idea, yet here it is:

http://www.pledgebank.com/Pauls-100mill

And my pledge (in the sig) barely has 100 pledges. Do I have the plague or something?