PDA

View Full Version : Cheney Demanded To Use US Troops To Arrest People To Destroy The Constitution

Reason
07-25-2009, 10:53 AM
YouTube - Cheney Demanded To Use US Troops To Arrest People To Destroy The Constitution (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCD4r3SuGDM)

FSP-Rebel
07-25-2009, 12:06 PM
Cheney must be on the top ten list for the most evil person in the world.

Lovecraftian4Paul
07-25-2009, 12:26 PM
Cheney really is barely human scum, but I wonder if these headlines are more than a little deceptive. Why is it always "Cheney" or "Bush" or "Obama" or "Biden?" Someone is giving aid and policy details to these guys.

Seems like more media spindoctoring to place the blame on individuals rather than a prevailing attitude of disrespect for the Constitution and pro-globalism that's still there among the little monsters that slip from administration to think tank to business and back again, backing up their crony Presidents and VPs all the time.

Fozz
07-25-2009, 01:00 PM
Cheney is an asshole and he needs to permanently STFU forever.

BudhaStalin
07-25-2009, 01:02 PM
Isn't this no different than presidents using the military to end strikes or other things of similar nature?

I'm not arguing that its justified im just saying that its nothing new... The initial premise is still a horrible misuse of power and should be criminal because what you then have is essentially a dictatorship... a sort of gestapo if you will.

Stary Hickory
07-25-2009, 02:15 PM
Yeah I think Cheney was the real disgusting one. I think that ^#ker is the poster child for Neocon. I really had no clue he was so much of a jackass.

raiha
07-25-2009, 03:34 PM
I really had no clue he was so much of a jackass.

This is what scares me. Not so much that Cheney is evil incarnate; always was, always will be...but that the USA allows people of his ilk to take office. God help you all as i don't think that kind of ignorance will change any time soon. And the consequences of USA sociopathic buffoons in power, not only YOU, but the rest of the world has to endure...especially Iraq, Afghansitan etc. Thank be to the little fishes i live as far as a human being can live from mainstream lunacy.

Fozz
07-25-2009, 03:47 PM
Isn't this no different than presidents using the military to end strikes or other things of similar nature?

*feeling awkward*

Brooklyn Red Leg
07-25-2009, 04:06 PM

Or the military used at Waco both before, during and in the final moments of the seige. Seems the NYT has convenient memory loss when it comes to the fact that Wesley Clark disobeyed Posse Comitatus under Bush and then Cliton back in '92/'93.

pcosmar
07-25-2009, 04:13 PM
And some people call some of us "Crazy Paranoid Conspiracy Theorists" when we are concerned about these things.

then it's on the news. ;)

Stary Hickory
07-25-2009, 05:39 PM
This is what scares me. Not so much that Cheney is evil incarnate; always was, always will be...but that the USA allows people of his ilk to take office. God help you all as i don't think that kind of ignorance will change any time soon. And the consequences of USA sociopathic buffoons in power, not only YOU, but the rest of the world has to endure...especially Iraq, Afghansitan etc. Thank be to the little fishes i live as far as a human being can live from mainstream lunacy.

There was nothing reported to indicate Cheney was this type of a man, so don't go toss around ignorant around so generously. He was a vice president and not a whole lot was said about him....and I did not vote for him.

So do be careful next time

raiha
07-25-2009, 07:56 PM
There was nothing reported to indicate Cheney was this type of a man, so don't go toss around ignorant around so generously. He was a vice president and not a whole lot was said about him....and I did not vote for him.

Unrepentant! Pleased you didn't vote for him. The neocon philosophy was out and about before they were elected. Levi Strauss; Machiavelli.(you know, Mussolini's inspiration)..the more discerning individual would have made it their business to do some work on this.

"A prince never lacks legitimate reasons to break his promise."
Niccolo Machiavelli

"A wise ruler ought never to keep faith when by doing so it would be against his interests."
Niccolo Machiavelli

"Men ought either to be indulged or utterly destroyed, for if you merely offend them they take vengeance, but if you injure them greatly they are unable to retaliate, so that the injury done to a man ought to be such that vengeance cannot be feared."
Niccolo Machiavelli

"Politics have no relation to morals."
Niccolo Machiavelli

"War should be the only study of a prince. He should consider peace only as a breathing-time, which gives him leisure to contrive, and furnishes as ability to execute, military plans."
Niccolo Machiavelli

And if people didn't know about the Project for a New American Century and yet voted for these megalomaniacs...well that is ignorant.
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article1665.htm

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared."
Niccolo Machiavelli

Reason
07-26-2009, 01:16 AM
bump

BillyDkid
07-26-2009, 08:45 AM
Well, that's it, isn't it. The whole theme of Dubya's Presidency is that we are in a perpetual war that will never end and since "the war on terror" is a war - a real war when it suites their purposes and not a real war when it does not - then peace time law no longer applies since the Constitution only really applies in peace time (in their view). I happen to believe that the Bush Presidency is the worst thing that has happened to this country in my lifetime. Bush was enamored of the idea that the rule of law only applies when it is convenient and when we are at peace - so he started pointless wars specifically so that he could disregard the Constitution.

I think that Obama's policies will ultimately drive this country into the ground, but at least he is conscious of the fact that if you simply disregard the law because it is inconvenient, then you really have no law. There is nothing much more important to liberty than respect for Posse Commitatus (spelling). Once that principle is gone there is nothing left. Bush and Cheney were both willing and eager to use the might of the military against US citizens in this country.

Brooklyn Red Leg
07-26-2009, 10:12 AM
I think that Obama's policies will ultimately drive this country into the ground, but at least he is conscious of the fact that if you simply disregard the law because it is inconvenient, then you really have no law.

Uh, I don't know what President you've been watching, but Obama violated the Anti-Trust Laws when he had the government take possession of General Motors. Obama is so far no different than Bush when it comes to ignoring 'inconvenient' laws.

acptulsa
07-28-2009, 12:58 PM
There was nothing reported to indicate Cheney was this type of a man...

Actually, there is plenty of evidence. And no small amount of it surrounds this very subject. For instance:

http://www.harpers.org/archive/2009/07/hbc-90005434

jkr
07-28-2009, 03:45 PM
he reaaaaaallly needs to be in jail...for the rest of his days-imho

speciallyblend
07-28-2009, 03:57 PM
the gop loves cheney. that should say enough about the gop leaders!