PDA

View Full Version : YAL are taking money from Neocon American Enterprise Institute

Joe3113
07-24-2009, 06:56 PM
UPDATE: I'm told now that YAL doesn't actually take money from them but they are in a "Strategic Partnership", the details of which are not forthcoming as yet.

"A product of the Bradley Foundation, American Enterprise Institute (AEI) led the neocon charge (into war)." - Ron Paul

I nearly choked on my cereal when I saw this

http://www.yaliberty.org/Strategic-Partners

They are partnering with pro-NAU, pro-war lunatics at the super-neocon-central American Enteprise Institute AND the neocon Heritage Foundation.

Need I remind the ignorant of the following:

"AEI is the most prominent think tank associated with American neoconservatism, in both the domestic and international policy arenas.[10] Irving Kristol, widely considered a father of neoconservatism, is a senior fellow at AEI, and many prominent neoconservatives—including Jeane Kirkpatrick, Ben Wattenberg, and Joshua Muravchik—spent the bulk of their careers at AEI."

That's right! YAL are partnering with the good ole' Kristol family!

YAL must be morons if they cannot see that the Neocons are presenting themselves as conservatives to get re-elected. Associating yourself with them and allowing that scam to be facilitated is utterly immoral on YAL's part.

Remember this:

YouTube - Neo-CONNED! by Congressman Ron Paul - Part 1 of 11 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aewpvcxAwTk)

.... only a few years ago????????

Anti-Ron Paul AEI Article: http://www.aei.org/article/27105

MRoCkEd
07-24-2009, 06:59 PM
most of the partners are good.
i'd let them know to drop the neocon

Epic
07-24-2009, 07:03 PM
Hmmm. I don't really think it will affect YAL too much, in terms of influence. The kids there are pretty radical.

I do think it's a mistake though, just cause potential joiners may be turned off by those organizations.

micahnelson
07-24-2009, 07:25 PM
C4L is devoted to electing Republican politicians, as far as I can tell.

No1ButPaul08
07-24-2009, 07:27 PM
The Heritage Foundation is another neocon institute

emazur
07-24-2009, 07:31 PM
I don't know much about the AEI, but I often check the articles they publish from their journal The American:
http://american.com/
The economic ones are quite good. But yes I've heard they are pro neocon, and a recent article on the "top" 2012 GOP presidential forerunners gave no mention to Ron Paul

Joe3113
07-24-2009, 07:57 PM
I don't know much about the AEI, but I often check the articles they publish from their journal The American:
http://american.com/
The economic ones are quite good. But yes I've heard they are pro neocon, and a recent article on the "top" 2012 GOP presidential forerunners gave no mention to Ron Paul

They are not just pro-neocon. They are the neocons.

It's the pre-eminent neocon organisation along with PNAC.

BenIsForRon
07-24-2009, 08:43 PM
Co-opting is what the AEI does. They are slimy opportunists, who will use our influence to further their interests. Their name, as well as the heritage foundation and the heartland institute, need to be kicked off the lists. This shit really pisses me off.

AdamT
07-24-2009, 08:45 PM
I am disappointed by this.

Epic
07-24-2009, 09:03 PM
It's possible that their "strategic partnership" just focuses on economics issue and places that they agree.

If YAL partnered with a left-wing organization like ACLU, that would suck cause ACLU is anti-freedom in many places (such as hate (thought) crimes) but in other places they are pro-freedom. So it would just be a "strategic partnership" in regards to some issues.

Imperial
07-24-2009, 09:38 PM
Heritage is bad on some things but great on others too. Economics especially

Brassmouth
07-24-2009, 10:12 PM
What was that you people were telling me about how lobbying institutions actually care about liberty as long as they have Ron Paul's magical seal of approval?

You were all clearly wrong. Again.

evilfunnystuff
07-24-2009, 11:29 PM
so they will team up with neocons but no truthers ha

Joe3113
07-25-2009, 01:26 AM
What was that you people were telling me about how lobbying institutions actually care about liberty as long as they have Ron Paul's magical seal of approval?

You were all clearly wrong. Again.

its sick that the AEI logo is anywhere near Ron's name.

Shame on YAL.

The leaders would have been smart enough to realise AEI was a neocon haven.

The neocons are parading as conservatives and libertarians in order to get re-elected.

I find it amazing that people have already forgotten Bush and the Neocons just because Obama is of a different faction .... the Trilateraloids.

You are all ensuring that the Neocons get re-elected. Then you are gonna get another false flag. You are gonna get Missiles in Poland and open confrontation with Russia. God only knows what else.

Get a brain.

dr. hfn
07-25-2009, 02:37 AM
I don't think yal should be associating with neocons AT ALL!

Joe3113
07-25-2009, 05:04 AM
Where are all the YAL members scrambling to get rid of AEI ?

BenIsForRon
07-25-2009, 08:24 AM
AEI is even more nuanced though. They're only for de-regulation in very specific areas where it would increase their bottom line, and by extension their power over the whole system. Like energy regulations.

johnrocks
07-25-2009, 08:30 AM
Things like this has a way of diluting and tainting the integrity and ideology of a good organization over time,imho.

Joe3113
07-25-2009, 05:34 PM
Are there any YAL people on this forum or are the YAL people all Neocon Infiltrates ?

Cowlesy
07-25-2009, 05:39 PM
Maybe it gives them an in-road to these institutes through which YAL can push our agenda? If our belief-set is stronger than their belief-set, I think we stand a shot at winning the ideaological battle.

Dunno -- I'm not in YAL so not sure of the motivation.

Joe3113
07-25-2009, 05:45 PM
Maybe it gives them an in-road to these institutes through which YAL can push our agenda?

You really think Bill Kristol, Michael Lideen and Lynn Cheney are open to being converted to libertarians ?

LOL.

AEI have an agenda. They are very cunning.

This is a potential soundbyte against YAL. It also re-inforces the false left-right paradigm (all free-marketers are war-monger republican neocons).

mediahasyou
07-26-2009, 11:45 AM
does anyone really mind the extra cash cushion? :)

dr. hfn
07-26-2009, 02:02 PM
I'm in YAL and say WTF?!?!?!?!?!?! No NEO-CONS!!!!!!

go_carolina_528
07-26-2009, 03:06 PM
Are there any YAL people on this forum or are the YAL people all Neocon Infiltrates ?
I am a member of YAL and am really in disbelief. If Ron has called out this group before as neo-cons, we shouldn't be associated with them.

gls
07-26-2009, 03:28 PM
A radical and principled message of liberty attracted young people to Dr. Paul's campaign, and by extension YAL. The whole point is to overthrow the corrupt beltway status-quo, not join it.

Lovecraftian4Paul
07-26-2009, 04:09 PM
I don't like the sound of this. It would at least be nice to get an answer from YAL leaders about why they're associating with this central neo-con organization.

jmlfod87
07-26-2009, 06:23 PM
When Ron Paul refused to return money donated to him by a white supremacist his reasoning was clear: Why give them back their money which they are going to use to further their evil purposes when I can use it to advance liberty and propserity?

YAL isn't going to change because it received this money. All this means is the neocons have less money to further their fascism and wars, and libertarians have more money to advance our principles. This is a better than taking money from libertarian donors, we're taking money from the opposition.

How could anyone possibly be against this?

Chieftain1776
07-26-2009, 06:49 PM
When Ron Paul refused to return money donated to him by a white supremacist his reasoning was clear: Why give them back their money which they are going to use to further their evil purposes when I can use it to advance liberty and propserity?

YAL isn't going to change because it received this money. All this means is the neocons have less money to further their fascism and wars, and libertarians have more money to advance our principles. This is a better than taking money from libertarian donors, we're taking money from the opposition.

How could anyone possibly be against this?

I agree and would add that this is the strategy that neocons used to gain an upper hand. They would take funds from nominally conservative organizations and divert them into their own research interests. I can't remember if these were the links (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=2166211&postcount=1) that made that claim.

The danger is that YAL becomes a full- time activist rung in the "right-wing" "ladder". I'm worried that they will avoid the private/for-profit sector but instead will seek "the next step up" at a think tank like AEI or a lobbying organization. At that point it's just another cog in the machine that will bring the liberty movement down with them. I just want them to focus on getting the message out on campus, "part-time" activism, and using their time in college to prepare for careers in the for-profit sector. Basically this approach (http://www.mises.org/article.aspx?Id=1499).

Austin
07-26-2009, 07:09 PM
First we need to evaluate what exactly being a "strategic partner" entails. From the web site:

Each of these organizations has teamed up with Young Americans for Liberty to help YAL Chapters across the nation better prepare their activities on campus. Click an organization's logo to get info on their internships, website, and how they can help your chapter.

It sounds to me that they are using these various organizations for their existing infrastructure and tools in order to train YAL members. The boys over at YAL National are by no means moderate. One only needs to examine the principals listed on their website.. Jeff Frazee and the rest of the gang are not going to be influenced by any neocon institute..

I guess I just don't see what the hubub is about. If YAL was changing the content of their blog, or censoring their communications in some way or another in order to maintain a so called "strategic sponsorship" with them.

Why don't you guys ask Jeff Frazee about it?

http://www.facebook.com/jeff.frazee

EDIT: Maybe I missed something, but where exactly is it noted that they are taking money from AEI?

brandon
07-26-2009, 07:20 PM
Reminds me of the part of G Edward Griffin's An Idea Whose Time Has Come - G. Edward Griffin - Freedom Force International (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6015291679758430958) speech where he talks about the different tactics the ruling elite use to squash dissent. He talks about how if a power structure emerges that could begin to challenge the existing power structure of the elites, the will buy out the board of directors and take it over.

Joe3113
07-26-2009, 10:25 PM
EDIT: Maybe I missed something, but where exactly is it noted that they are taking money from AEI?

They now claim they get no money from AEI or Heritage, but won't tell me specifically (yet) what a 'strategic partnership' actually means and who initiated the contact between these organisations.

devil21
07-27-2009, 04:15 AM
Now I don't feel so silly for posting a thread about the "Obama for YAL" "joke" email and video. If AEI and Heritage are making ANY inroads with the YAL then there's cause for concern. This needs to be investigated deeper.

go_carolina_528
07-27-2009, 09:32 AM
I sent YAL an email asking for an explanation. I am a member of YAL and will NOT be renewing my membership if they don't cease ties with AEI.

No1ButPaul08
07-27-2009, 09:45 AM
So let me see if I get this right

Truthers no

Neocons yes

What a disgrace

Austin
03-27-2010, 08:58 PM
YAL is no longer strategic partners with AEI.

dr. hfn
03-27-2010, 09:40 PM

shouldn't have even brought it up lol

brenden.b
04-20-2010, 10:42 AM

As a member of YAL, that makes me happy.

I must say, though, that we shouldn't be alienating too many organizations. We must remain principled, but work with whomever necessary based on the issue of the day.