PDA

View Full Version : McCain Lawyers Investigated Obama Citizenship

bobbyw24
07-24-2009, 10:32 AM
http://politicalwire.com/archives/2009/07/24/mccain_lawyers_investigated_obama_citizenship.html ?referrer=js

McCain Lawyers Investigated Obama Citizenship
As we asked earlier this week, if questions over President Obama's citizenship were valid, wouldn't they have come out during the presidential campaign?

David Weigel talked with Trevor Potter and other lawyers for Sen. John McCain's presidential campaign who said that they did look into the Obama citizenship rumors and found them without merit.

Said Potter: "To the extent that we could, we looked into the substantive side of these allegations. We never saw any evidence that then-Senator Obama had been born outside of the United States. We saw rumors, but nothing that could be sourced to evidence. There were no statements and no documents that suggested he was born somewhere else. On the other side, there was proof that he was born in Hawaii. There was a certificate issued by the state's Department of Health, and the responsible official in the state saying that he had personally seen the original certificate. There was a birth announcement in the Honolulu Advertiser, which would be very difficult to invent or plant 47 years in advance."

specsaregood
07-24-2009, 10:40 AM
Pardon me for not taking the word of another candidate that should have been ineligible due to the same requirements.

sratiug
07-24-2009, 10:44 AM
http://politicalwire.com/archives/2009/07/24/mccain_lawyers_investigated_obama_citizenship.html ?referrer=js

McCain Lawyers Investigated Obama Citizenship
As we asked earlier this week, if questions over President Obama's citizenship were valid, wouldn't they have come out during the presidential campaign?

David Weigel talked with Trevor Potter and other lawyers for Sen. John McCain's presidential campaign who said that they did look into the Obama citizenship rumors and found them without merit.

Said Potter: "To the extent that we could, we looked into the substantive side of these allegations. We never saw any evidence that then-Senator Obama had been born outside of the United States. We saw rumors, but nothing that could be sourced to evidence. There were no statements and no documents that suggested he was born somewhere else. On the other side, there was proof that he was born in Hawaii. There was a certificate issued by the state's Department of Health, and the responsible official in the state saying that he had personally seen the original certificate. There was a birth announcement in the Honolulu Advertiser, which would be very difficult to invent or plant 47 years in advance."

Don't forget that McCain was hand picked to be the nominee after the ghoul and the others went down in flames and McCain was not American born himself, so they might as well take someone else's word even though the state officials never said he was born in the USA to my knowledge.

Krugerrand
07-24-2009, 10:47 AM
Too bad McCain's lawyers didn't bother to investigate the constitutionality of Bush's bailout for him.

pcosmar
07-24-2009, 10:49 AM
Yeah right.
He was the designated loser before the primaries were over.

In the Keeping Stuff Hidden Category,
How about he release his Military Record??

Someone with Skeletons of his own is not going to push any investigation.

Rael
07-24-2009, 10:50 AM
Ok but what about the newspaper article that said he was born in hawaii? Any evidence that is fake?

specsaregood
07-24-2009, 10:52 AM
Ok but what about the newspaper article that said he was born in hawaii? Any evidence that is fake?

Would the government accept such documentation as proof of your citizenship?

lynnf
07-24-2009, 10:56 AM
looks like they are making the same mistake that others are: they are making assumptions, and bad assumptions at that.

lynn

kahless
07-24-2009, 11:13 AM
His mother was American so what difference does it make. People should have been more concerned about his policies and that spent a substantial amount of his youth living outside the U.S.

The focus now should be on getting liberty candidates elected and getting the word out to help stop the expansion of Fascism.

Rael
07-24-2009, 11:19 AM
Would the government accept such documentation as proof of your citizenship?

of course not. but again, can you show that it is fake? I do find i suspicious he wont release his BC, but I also find it unlikely to fake a news article 47 years in advance

specsaregood
07-24-2009, 11:21 AM
His mother was American so what difference does it make. People should have been more concerned about his policies and that spent a substantial amount of his youth living outside the U.S.

Worth noting: From GIM.

And it won't go away even if BHO could prove he was born in Hawaii. The biggest part of the problem is that most people do not know what a "natural born citizen” is. They think if you are born in the US you are a natural born citizen. Fail! In 1758 a treatise was written by Emerich de Vattel called “The Law of Nations”. In clause 212 “Citizens and Natives” it states, "The natives, or natural-born citizens, are those born in the country, of parents [plural] who are citizens." "The Law of Nations" was widely read by the founding fathers and the definition of "natural born citizen" contained therein was the meaning commonly understood at the time our Constitution was written. Barack Obama freely admits that his father was not a US citizen, but a citizen of Kenya (Great Britain.) Therefore Obama cannot possibly be a natural born citizen. Regardless of where he was born.

The focus now should be on getting liberty candidates elected and getting the word out to help stop the expansion of Fascism.
I'm in full agreement there.

sparebulb
07-24-2009, 11:21 AM

In my opinion, it is the casual disregard for all of the "little" provisions of the Constitution such as being a "natural born citizen" that have led us to where we are today.

Charles Wilson
07-24-2009, 11:22 AM
Pardon me for not taking the word of another candidate that should have been ineligible due to the same requirements.

Exactly!

John McCain is not a natural born citizen of the United States. That has been established. However Barack Obama is a different story.

Hawaii: The state was admitted to the Union on August 21, 1959. President Obama was born August 4, 1961. The question is, where was his mother living and working when he was born? There should be friends and family that can vouch for her whereabouts when Barack was born.

"In 1960, after she graduated from high school, the Dunham family moved to Hawaii so that her parents could pursue further business opportunities in the new state, and she enrolled at the University of Hawaii at Mānoa. "

College transcripts should show if his mother was actually attending classes at the University of Hawaii or not at the time of his birth.

"Obama's parents met in 1960 in a Russian language class at the University of Hawaii at Mānoa, where his father was a foreign student on scholarship.[11][12] The couple married on February 2, 1961,[13] and Barack was born later that year. His parents separated when he was two years old and they divorced in 1964.[12] Obama's father returned to Kenya and saw his son only once more before dying in an automobile accident in 1982.[14]" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama

It appears quite certain to me that Barack was born in Hawaii, and unlike John McCain, is indeed a natural born citizen of the United States.

kahless
07-24-2009, 11:23 AM
Exactly!

John McCain is not a natural born citizen of the United States. That has been established. However Barack Obama is a different story.

Hawaii: The state was admitted to the Union on August 21, 1959. President Obama was born August 4, 1961. The question is, where was his mother living and working when he was born? There should be friends and family that can vouch for her whereabouts when Barack was born.

"In 1960, after she graduated from high school, the Dunham family moved to Hawaii so that her parents could pursue further business opportunities in the new state, and she enrolled at the University of Hawaii at Mānoa. "

College transcripts should show if his mother was actually attending classes at the University of Hawaii or not at the time of his birth.

"Obama's parents met in 1960 in a Russian language class at the University of Hawaii at Mānoa, where his father was a foreign student on scholarship.[11][12] The couple married on February 2, 1961,[13] and Barack was born later that year. His parents separated when he was two years old and they divorced in 1964.[12] Obama's father returned to Kenya and saw his son only once more before dying in an automobile accident in 1982.[14]" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama

It appears quite certain to me that Barack was born in Hawaii, and unlike John McCain, is indeed a natural born citizen of the United States.

I thought McCain was born in Panama when his parents were stationed there which is probably why McCain could not play that card against Obama.

dannno
07-24-2009, 11:24 AM
of course not. but again, can you show that it is fake? I do find i suspicious he wont release his BC, but I also find it unlikely to fake a news article 47 years in advance

Who said it was fake? He was born, somebody phoned it into the paper.. The article never said where he was born.

pcosmar
07-24-2009, 11:27 AM

There is NO proof that the "news article" was even referring to the same person.
There has been so much about this guy that is manufactured, or hidden, that speculation and investigation is warranted.

At this point anything but FULL disclosure and Complete Transparency is necessary and should be expected.

I expect neither.

pcosmar
07-24-2009, 11:33 AM
Exactly!

Wiki is not a reliable source.
Useful only as a quick reference (at best) and Is and has been manipulated for both political and personal reasons.

Not a reliable source.

Charles Wilson
07-24-2009, 08:31 PM
I thought McCain was born in Panama when his parents were stationed there which is probably why McCain could not play that card against Obama.

You are correct. John McCain is a naturalized US citizen. He was born in Panama to American parents. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_nationality_law

Charles Wilson
07-24-2009, 08:34 PM
Wiki is not a reliable source.
Useful only as a quick reference (at best) and Is and has been manipulated for both political and personal reasons.

Not a reliable source.

I would not rely on Wiki in a court of law but it is quite accurate for the most part.