PDA

View Full Version : Poll for 2012 including Ron Paul in results

brent022
07-24-2009, 01:13 AM
Poll from Angus-Reid about possible 2012 candidates at

http://www.angus-reid.com/polls/view/33862/americans_assess_gop_contenders_in_2012/

Polling Data

Several politicians have been mentioned as possible presidential candidates for the Republican Party in 2012. For each of these politicians, please say whether you think they would make a good president or a bad president? - "Good president" listed

All Rep.

Condoleezza Rice 32% 45%

Mike Huckabee 29% 54%

Sarah Palin 25% 53%

Mitt Romney 24% 44%

Newt Gingrich 16% 35%

Ron Paul 15% 16%

Michael Steele 5% 10%

Gary Johnson 3% 4%

Source: Angus Reid Strategies
Methodology: Online interviews with 1,000 American adults, conducted from Jul. 16 to Jul. 18, 2009. Margin of error is 3.1 per cent.

While Paul isn't at the top on either side it's interesting that he has the smallest dropoff between Republicans polled and all polled.

Conza88
07-24-2009, 01:22 AM
A sample size of 1,000... Out of 350,000,000 people...

GTFO... :rolleyes:

"While Paul isn't at the top on either side it's interesting that he has the smallest dropoff between Republicans polled and all polled."

True.. basically every one is HALVED.... except Johnson and Ron Paul.. .:cool:

erowe1
07-24-2009, 07:33 AM
A sample size of 1,000... Out of 350,000,000 people...

I don't get it. Are you suggesting that it's too small of a sample?

brandon
07-24-2009, 07:41 AM
Much better than he did in 2007.

If he were to win the Iowa straw poll in two years it would push him to frontrunner status. And we all know he could win it if he really tried.

erowe1
07-24-2009, 07:45 AM
I'm more surprised that they included Gary Johnson. That's the first time I've seen him included that I've noticed.

Brian Defferding
07-24-2009, 09:18 AM
Glad to see they included Gary Johnson, but sad to see that him and Ron Paul are still far behind the others. I would rather Gary Johnson run (just because of Ron Paul's age by the time 2012 comes around), in any event we have a lot of work to do.

free.alive
07-24-2009, 11:24 AM
What's the deal with Gary Johnson? If he's seriously considering it, he needs to start doing guest editorials, getting on TV, making public appearances and statements, showing up at rallies and other events, etc...

I know it's three years out, and he doesn't feel right even suggesting that he may run. I know he did finally get out there with the Freedom Watch show. But he needs to start raising his profile now.

I hope he does.

And I hope he pushes other issues than the drug war, as important as that one is...

Kludge
07-24-2009, 11:26 AM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahhaha....

Condoleezza Rice?? Is that a joke? Hope so.

rockandrollsouls
07-24-2009, 12:02 PM
encouraging news for us....

at least I think so.

sevin
07-24-2009, 12:03 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahhaha....

Condoleezza Rice?? Is that a joke? Hope so.

me too.

specsaregood
07-24-2009, 12:14 PM
encouraging news for us....

at least I think so.

I'd agree; BUT if Ron Paul is even remotely considering the idea I would suggest that he needs to decide right now.

Whenever they ask him about running again he needs to say, "Absolutely!" That way when these people are watching tv and seeing him interviewed they don't just think, "hey that congressman makes sense...." but they start to think "hey that presidential candidate makes sense".

Of course if he did so, he might find his number of interviews drop dramatically.

rockandrollsouls
07-24-2009, 12:22 PM
I'd agree; BUT if Ron Paul is even remotely considering the idea I would suggest that he needs to decide right now.

Whenever they ask him about running again he needs to say, "Absolutely!" That way when these people are watching tv and seeing him interviewed they don't just think, "hey that congressman makes sense...." but they start to think "hey that presidential candidate makes sense".

Of course if he did so, he might find his number of interviews drop dramatically.

I think so, too. We could use Dough Wead's strategy, but then again, he could enter the race late and be a shocker....I think the former would be better, though.

specsaregood
07-24-2009, 12:36 PM
I think so, too. We could use Dough Wead's strategy, but then again, he could enter the race late and be a shocker....I think the former would be better, though.

I think we can completely dismiss the "shocker" tactic, the average voter needs it drilled into their head over and over and over....But hey, what do I know? Nothing. :D

Edit: just to add, this poll does show Ron Pauls "weakness" is clearly still the republican party members.

dude58677
07-24-2009, 01:12 PM
I think we can completely dismiss the "shocker" tactic, the average voter needs it drilled into their head over and over and over....But hey, what do I know? Nothing. :D

Edit: just to add, this poll does show Ron Pauls "weakness" is clearly still the republican party members.

If the media is only supportive of Ron Paul when he isn't a threat, then he should announce his candidacy the last minute because he will get so many interviews till the elections and everyone will finally have his idea's sunk into their heads and then when he runs, he wins.

rockandrollsouls
07-24-2009, 01:19 PM
If the media is only supportive of Ron Paul when he isn't a threat, then he should announce his candidacy the last minute because he will get so many interviews till the elections and everyone will finally have his idea's sunk into their heads and then when he runs, he wins.

So much "Ron Paul was right" material.

"Who called the collapse before anyone else?"
"Who introduced a bill to audit the federal reserve"

I really wish he'd announce...we'd have a field day.

dude58677
07-24-2009, 01:21 PM
So much "Ron Paul was right" material.

"Who called the collapse before anyone else?"
"Who introduced a bill to audit the federal reserve"

Yea, but you know the media is against him if he was announcing his campaingn. The media started liking him after he was no longer a threat to take the White House. Once he becomes a threat against the media will come back to their usual ways. Better later than sooner.

specsaregood
07-24-2009, 01:36 PM

I think he should wait until AFTER we get HR1207 passed.
That removes the "he has never had any legislation passed" argument.

acptulsa
07-24-2009, 02:17 PM
One thing's certain. We don't need to run both Paul and Johnson and split our own vote.

dude58677
07-24-2009, 02:26 PM
That is 15 percent more militia's and jury nullification than from before because the message is out. :):):)

t0rnado
07-24-2009, 02:29 PM
I remember Ron Paul saying that he'd announce whether or not he'd run in the first 6 months of 2009, but that hasn't happened yet.

I hope he runs because by 2012 the people, who don't understand Austrian economics, won't have any money to donate to Obama.

specsaregood
07-24-2009, 02:40 PM
I hope he runs because by 2012 the people, who don't understand Austrian economics, won't have any money to donate to Obama.

Sure they will, but they'll have to extend the FEC campaign contribution limit past the $2400k limit in order to buy anything more than a snickers bar for the candidate.

rockandrollsouls
07-24-2009, 02:41 PM
One thing's certain. We don't need to run both Paul and Johnson and split our own vote.

....Unless the ticket is Paul/Johnson ;) Alleviates old age issues, promotes consistent principled republican views.

malkusm
07-24-2009, 02:43 PM
....Unless the ticket is Paul/Johnson ;) Alleviates old age issues, promotes consistent principled republican views.

A Paul/Johnson (or Johnson/Paul) ticket would be so awesome.

specsaregood
07-24-2009, 02:45 PM

Yeah, I know a lot of us amateurs batted around the forum the idea of RP picking a VP early on during the primary last time to no avail. I think if he runs again it would be critical for him to do so....and Johnson would be a good pick.

ChaosControl
07-24-2009, 03:00 PM
Woohoo Paul/Johnson 2012!

satchelmcqueen
07-24-2009, 04:35 PM
rice with 45%? who are these stupid people voting? ohh , the same ones who voted obama.

Lovecraftian4Paul
07-24-2009, 04:55 PM
rice with 45%? who are these stupid people voting? ohh , the same ones who voted obama.

And the ones who voted in re-elected Bush. Neo-cons have foreign policy at the top, they don't give a damn if we go bankrupt as long as their little wars are fought. I see self-described Republicans commenting on articles and on message boards every day, and their top beef with Obama right now is that we haven't gone into Iran yet to help with their "revolution."