PDA

View Full Version : Obamopoly

Rael
07-24-2009, 12:09 AM
http://www.manlyrash.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/bamopoly.jpg

LiveFree79
07-24-2009, 03:10 AM
Funny but Obamanopoly would have been a much better word. Obamopoly is too weird to say.

Krugerrand
07-24-2009, 06:08 AM
Excellent. Just don't' look to buy this in Simon malls. ;)

malkusm
07-24-2009, 07:08 AM
"Income Tax - Cabinet members need not pay."

:D

acptulsa
07-24-2009, 07:34 AM
For those who want to send it to your friends:

http://www.manlyrash.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/bamopoly.jpg

Krugerrand
07-24-2009, 07:45 AM
Can we get a similar version to this put into production? Proceeds benefit the CFL?

I'd like the see the prices go up every time all players get around the board. Perhaps we can get the FED tied into the bank and have it get more money to loan.

acptulsa
07-24-2009, 07:49 AM
I'd like the see the prices go up every time all players get around the board. Perhaps we can get the FED tied into the bank and have it get more money to loan.

The 'welfare' goes up by $50/turn but the prices double every turn?

And Parker Bros. still owns that game system. Will they do something, or allow something to be done, with it which is this political? I sincerely doubt it, but you can ask...

Pete
07-24-2009, 07:53 AM
And Parker Bros. still owns that game system. Will they do something, or allow something to be done, with it which is this political? I sincerely doubt it, but you can ask...

No problem because it's satire. Brilliant satire! Thanks for posting.

acptulsa
07-24-2009, 08:02 AM
No problem because it's satire. Brilliant satire! Thanks for posting.

Interesting point. Certainly that would allow for the use of the modified board design. Don't know if that would cover the whole game system, though. But, yes, it certainly explains how this thing's up on the web and Parker has nothing to say about it.

literatim
07-24-2009, 08:13 AM
Parker Brothers can't own the game system. There are already Monopoly ripoffs on the market. Ghettoply (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/8063) is one example.

acptulsa
07-24-2009, 08:15 AM
Parker Brothers can't own the game system. There are already Monopoly ripoffs on the market. Ghettoply (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/8063) is one example.

Oh, they could, but I don't know if they still can. Most things from 1934 are squarely in the public domain by now; it could well be also.

Isaac Bickerstaff
07-24-2009, 12:30 PM
Can we get a similar version to this put into production? Proceeds benefit the CFL?

Yeah, all money from the bank should be borrowed (including the initial money), and periodic interest payments must be made to the bank. "Inflation" will naturally happen if the players are allowed to adjust the prices on their properties to compensate for their obligatory interest payments.

I like it . . .

Krugerrand
07-24-2009, 12:38 PM
Yeah, all money from the bank should be borrowed (including the initial money), and periodic interest payments must be made to the bank. "Inflation" will naturally happen if the players are allowed to adjust the prices on their properties to compensate for their obligatory interest payments.

I like it . . .

The taxes should be graduated. They'll seem low at the beginning of the game. As inflation hits everybody will be in the top tax bracket.

Freedom 4 all
07-24-2009, 01:09 PM
Perhaps you could have some kind of card that converts your assets to gold and all other players must pay you only in gold. The player who gets that card is immune to inflation and will destroy everyone else in the game.

Feenix566
07-24-2009, 01:15 PM
Every time you land on a property and the rent is more than you have in your treasury, you can just offer to spend double the rent and then it's okay.

muh_roads
07-24-2009, 01:17 PM
Obamanomics is fun to say.