PDA

View Full Version : Peter Schiff already polling well and he hasn't even campaigned within 3% of winning

Hamer
07-23-2009, 05:30 PM
Support Peter www.schiffathon.com We actually haver a good shot at him winning.

CT: Simmons 48 Dodd 39 (Quinnipiac 7/16-20)
By Emily Swanson

Quinnipiac
7/16-20/09; 1,499 registered voters,2.5% margin of error
612 Democrats, 4% margin of error
384 Republicans, 5% margin of error
Mode: Live telephone interviews

(Quinnipiac: Rell Approval release, 2010 Senate release)

Connecticut

Job Approval / Disapproval
Gov. Rell: 65 / 30 (chart)
Sen. Lieberman: 46 / 46 (chart)
Sen. Dodd: 42 / 52 (chart)
Pres. Obama: 63 / 32 (chart)

Favorable / Unfavorable
Chris Dodd (D): 40 / 50 (chart)
Rob Simmons (R): 39 / 12
Sam Caligiuri (R): 12 / 4
Merrick Alpert (D): 3 / 1
Tom Foley (R): 17 / 5
Peter Schiff (R): 7 / 3

2010 Senate: Democratic Primary
Dodd 52%, Alpert 18% (trends)

2010 Senate: Republican Primary
Simmons 42% Foley 5%, Caligiuri 5% (trends)

2010 Senate: General Election (trends)
Simmons 48%, Dodd 39% (chart)
Dodd 42%, Caligiuri 40%
Dodd 42%, Foley 42%
Dodd 43%, Schiff 38%

http://www.pollster.com/blogs/ct_simmons_48_dodd_39_quinnipi.php

RonPaulVolunteer
07-23-2009, 05:41 PM
Wow. Excellent. This is one campaign we need to get behind! Including Kokesh and Paul of course!

specsaregood
07-23-2009, 05:44 PM
Uhm, he isn't even listed in the Republican primary poll section.
And he does worse against Dodd than any of the other Republicans listed.
Pardon me if I don't get excited until I see the primary polling numbers.
This shows nothing except that Dodd is done for no matter who they run against him.

dannno
07-23-2009, 05:48 PM
^ negative nancy.

ooops.. wrong thread

Hamer
07-23-2009, 05:48 PM
That is exactly the point I am making. He can't be listed he has not officially announced his run. He is listed nowhere yet he is within 3% of beating Dodd. Ron Paul was lucky to be at 10% of any poll and this doesn't get you excited? This data actually shows he has a legit shot at winning and he hasn't even campaigned yet. WTF!

specsaregood
07-23-2009, 05:51 PM
That is exactly the point I am making. He can't be listed he has not officially announced his run. He is listed nowhere yet he is within 3% of beating Dodd. Ron Paul was lucky to be at 10% of any poll and this doesn't get you excited?

Not really. They could put the dead taco bell chihuahua up against Dodd and get the same exact numbers. I'm not trying to be a downer; just saying it is meaningless.

The question is why wasn't Schiff listed in the Republican primary polling? That is the race to be concerned about.

Hamer
07-23-2009, 05:56 PM
The question is why wasn't Schiff listed in the Republican primary polling? That is the race to be concerned about.[/QUOTE]

Because he is not an official candidate yet. He is only in exploratory committee and can't be listed until he officially announces his Senate run.

malkusm
07-23-2009, 05:56 PM
They could put the dead taco bell chihuahua up against Dodd and get the same exact numbers if they put an (R) next to his name.

Fixed that for you.

AJ Antimony
07-23-2009, 06:00 PM
Not really. They could put the dead taco bell chihuahua up against Dodd and get the same exact numbers. I'm not trying to be a downer; just saying it is meaningless.

The question is why wasn't Schiff listed in the Republican primary polling? That is the race to be concerned about.

I have to agree with this post.

While it's obvious the general election is absolutely winnable, the primary election looks impossible.

Truth is, Schiff doesn't compete with Dodd unless he can beat Simmons in the primary.

specsaregood
07-23-2009, 06:02 PM
Because he is not an official candidate yet. He is only in exploratory committee and can't be listed until he officially announces his Senate run.

But he is official enough to list in the favorable/unfavorable polling question?
But he is official enough to list in the general election polling question?
Not buying it. They can obviously poll him against whomever they want in whatever category they want. They purposefully excluded him from the Republican primary polling section. You can come to your own conclusions.

Note: I'm not dissing Peter, he has my donation and support. Just this poll doesn't get me excited at all. In fact, it would make me tend to expect the same type of polling exclusion hijinx we got with RP.

brandon
07-23-2009, 06:02 PM
This thread fails hard.

No1ButPaul08
07-23-2009, 06:03 PM
Schiff was listed in the primary polling, he just gather enough support to register. 89% of the people polled don't have an opinion of him (don't know who he is.) Until he raises his name recognition, it will be hard to tell how he will do in the primary. Of course, to have any chance at all he will have to dramatically improve his name recognition, hence the need for $20 million.

No1ButPaul08
07-23-2009, 06:05 PM

This is nonsense. Quinnipiac can poll whatever they want, doesn't matter it someone has declared candidacy. As my previous poll states, Schiff was included, and didn't gather any support, largely because no one knows who he is.

specsaregood
07-23-2009, 06:08 PM
As my previous poll states, Schiff was included, and didn't gather any support, largely because no one knows who he is.

That makes sense to me. And knowing is half the battle.

scandinaviany3
07-23-2009, 08:22 PM
So did "parent" get thrown out from ron paul radio?

http://whoisstephenparent.blogspot.com/2008_07_01_archive.html

Wasnt he then and his cohorts caught attacking trevor for fund raising while the whole time he was scamming campaigns like third party chuck baldwins for 12k?

http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/expend_detail.php?cid=N00030216&cycle=2008&excode=F00

Hamer werent you part of that attack on trevor and part of that fund raising and promo for all of those efforts Steve Parent was doing live on ron paul radio?

I see a scary parallel here between that scam and this one...

Just checking since you dont seem to respond to whether you or your colleagues are getting paid for any of these projects..yet obviously in the past you did some shuck and jives and were part of a team that got paid as the baldwin report shows.

I guess we will have to go over the schiff FEC report when they come out ..wont we...

Old posts i had to relook up to remember who is this hamer, parent friend or parent???

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=161731&highlight=chuck+baldwin

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=160709

Now i obviously can have nothing to do with this event, given putting the pieces together on this, and would advise the same for everyone else in the movement.

I would encourage everyone to agree to another leader and make this happen so we dont have this type of scam going on for our people or messing with an honest candidate like Peter

itshappening
07-23-2009, 08:38 PM
Schiff has little name recognition and the polls dont mean much at this stage.

how will the voters get to know about schiff? by the newspapers writing about him, by his advertising, the debates, mailers... all of this has yet to be done so it's not surprising.

he is virtually unknown but the outlier numbers aren't bad v. Dodd we know he can improve it if he actually runs/campaigns

Jeremy
07-23-2009, 08:40 PM
The other people running are more well known because... they are actually running right now. Common sense.

itshappening
07-23-2009, 08:42 PM
also unlike the others Schiff can get on national tv... and the papers in CT will love that they have a candidate getting such attention!

it will feed on itself once he runs

MRoCkEd
07-23-2009, 08:46 PM
Once Peter starts running, Nutmeggers will know who is. That's for sure.

No1ButPaul08
07-23-2009, 08:46 PM
Wasnt he then and his cohorts caught attacking trevor for fund raising while the whole time he was scamming campaigns like third party chuck baldwins for 12k?

http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/expend_detail.php?cid=N00030216&cycle=2008&excode=F00

OMG, Parent scammed the Baldwin campaign out of 12k. Reminds me of the time I called the Baldwin campaign warning them about Steve Parent.

ItsTime
07-23-2009, 08:48 PM
also unlike the others Schiff can get on national tv... and the papers in CT will love that they have a candidate getting such attention!

Yes it will.

brandon
07-23-2009, 09:24 PM
So did "parent" get thrown out from ron paul radio?

http://whoisstephenparent.blogspot.com/2008_07_01_archive.html

Hamer werent you part of that attack on trevor and part of that fund raising and promo for all of those efforts Steve Parent was doing live on ron paul radio?

I see a scary parallel here between that scam and this one...

Just checking since you dont seem to respond to whether you or your colleagues are getting paid for any of these projects..yet obviously in the past you did some shuck and jives and were part of a team that got paid as the baldwin report shows.

I guess we will have to go over the schiff FEC report when they come out ..wont we...

Old posts i had to relook up to remember who is this hamer, parent friend or parent???

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=161731&highlight=chuck+baldwin

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=160709

Now i obviously can have nothing to do with this event, given putting the pieces together on this, and would advise the same for everyone else in the movement.

I would encourage everyone to agree to another leader and make this happen so we dont have this type of scam going on for our people or messing with an honest candidate like Peter

Oh wow, very informative post. I never realized Baldwin was scammed by Parent, but it adds up perfectly. Nhada Inc is clearly a Parent run scam company. Additionally ht tp://www.nhadausa.com/6.html [VIRUS WARNING DO NOT GOTO SITE] is the companies website and is marked as a known attack site.

I remember very well that Hamer started posting here at the same time as Dr Parent and defended him constantly. At first I despised Hamer, but after the Parent thing died down Hamer seemed to become a good guy and I just kinda forgot about it.

Which brings me to the Schiff money bomb. The Schiffathon site was suspect to me from the first time I saw it. Clearly the pledge counter at the website was started at around 6,000 instead of 0. There is no way the site got 6000 pledges in a matter of one day and only an additional 150 pledges over the next week.

So obviously the creator of the website purposely inflated the counter so they could make the claim that they are the "official" money bomb site. And now we have Hamer, who may be complicit in previous frauds, making threads here declaring "There is only one money bomb date!!" and pimping his website.

So the question becomes, are they just in it to harvest email addys, or are they trying to get paid directly?

Imperial
07-23-2009, 09:28 PM
Oh wow, very informative post. I never realized Baldwin was scammed by Parent, but it adds up perfectly. Nhada Inc is clearly a Parent run scam company. Additionally ht tp://www.nhadausa.com/6.html [VIRUS WARNING DO NOT GOTO SITE] is the companies website and is marked as a known attack site.

I remember very well that Hamer started posting here at the same time as Dr Parent and defended him constantly. At first I despised Hamer, but after the Parent thing died down Hamer seemed to become a good guy and I just kinda forgot about it.

Which brings me to the Schiff money bomb. The Schiffathon site was suspect to me from the first time I saw it. Clearly the pledge counter at the website was started at around 6,000 instead of 0. There is no way the site got 6000 pledges in a matter of one day and only an additional 150 pledges over the next week.

So obviously the creator of the website purposely inflated the counter so they could make the claim that they are the "official" money bomb site. And now we have Hamer, who may be complicit in previous frauds, making threads here declaring "There is only one money bomb date!!" and pimping his website.

So the question becomes, are they just in it to harvest email addys, or are they trying to get paid directly?

I think they got the 6000 pledges from the Schiffbomb website, which if I remember right is run by Chad Peace and the guys who ran the Draft Schiff website. Could be wrong though

No1ButPaul08
07-23-2009, 09:28 PM

Well the 6,000 number comes from the supporters pledged at Schiff2010.com. Apparently PEAC (Schiff2010) gave (sold?) the email addresses to schiffathon. These people never pledged for a money bomb that day, and some certainly aren't 18 or from the US.

AJ Antimony
07-23-2009, 09:53 PM

What are you basing this conclusion on? Did you know that even with Schiff going on national TV for years, this poll still shows CT Republicans have no idea who he is?

Young Paleocon
07-23-2009, 10:21 PM
Well if these posts are true I hope to god these 6,000 people know they are supposed to donate on the 7th.

E. Nordstrom
07-23-2009, 11:12 PM
I think they got the 6000 pledges from the Schiffbomb website, which if I remember right is run by Chad Peace and the guys who ran the Draft Schiff website. Could be wrong though

The website is mine. I put it up back in January and it has been collecting pledges since. The primary url was http://schiffbomb.com - I recently changed the url to be able to help out the retakecongress initiative.

http://www.directnic.com/whois/index.php?query=schiffbomb.com

Yes, the old pledge counter stated 6003 on the date I swapped it to schiffathon from schiffbomb

So, the schiffathon/schiffbomb.com moneybomb has been in the works for some time. I was not part of the PEAC PAC or Chad Peace. Like all things, I felt it was worth while to promote Schiff, PEAC PAC were doing the same.

For some reason, people make assumptions as facts these days and no one bothers to call the source and just ask.

It would seem that this forum and many of the people in here are good people who want to make a difference. Still others seem to thrive from negativity. Just know that the negativity is what is killing the movement. If you aren't helping the work being done, then you may as well say nothing at all.

I am quite sure that much of the work Lyman has done (with very good intent) has been smashed to pieces by negativity. Even while I did the Alex Jones Moneybomb last year, I made sure that the public was aware of Trevor's importance.

In addition, Trevor and I spoke for the first time the other day. Much of what I had been told about him is 99% rumor and I guarantee that if you hear anything bad about me, it is 100% rumor. I am a Technical Sergeant in the US Air Force there is no room for hooligans allowed where the tire meets the road as an active duty noncommissioned officer.

Now, I don't know all the in's and outs of the Baldwin Campaign, but I do know this, if Baldwin for President paid Parent anything at all, I am sure that they were happy to pay it. Publicity is expensive. Perhaps paying thousands to FOX News to air a 30 second clip for Baldwin at 3:00 am EST would have been better? No, the Baldwin Campaign paid for what it wanted and they were happy.

I don't want or need to slam anyone in here though some deserve it. All I can say is lets get some work done. If you think that RetakeCongress.com is a good project, get behind it.

Also, all the investigative mode in this forum, while good questions, are a waste of time. The project has already been vetted by many and endorsed.

http://www.retakecongress.com/endorsements.html

Now, if we want to flood Congress with Constitutional candidates, RetakeCongress has a good shot at helping to make that happen. The resources, the people, the ideas are all on the table.

Or, we can continue to celebrate Ron Paul's fundraisers as the pinnacle of what is done and call it a day.

I like Campaign for Liberty - it's fine and all, but Liberty isn't campaigning, the people at RetakeCongress are.

The Founding Fathers were also at each others throats. But they knew when to stop bickering and start circling the wagons. We shall see if common sense is still alive and well in the coming months.

Fortunately the negativity some put out within this forum doesn't reach too many people and for the most part, people understand that this is a forum, full of wonderful ideas and commentary but low on facts.

I wish you all well.

See you on the front lines.

E. Nordstrom
07-23-2009, 11:13 PM
Well the 6,000 number comes from the supporters pledged at Schiff2010.com. Apparently PEAC (Schiff2010) gave (sold?) the email addresses to schiffathon. These people never pledged for a money bomb that day, and some certainly aren't 18 or from the US.

More assumtptions.

No1ButPaul08
07-23-2009, 11:23 PM
Now, I don't know all the in's and outs of the Baldwin Campaign, but I do know this, if Baldwin for President paid Parent anything at all, I am sure that they were happy to pay it. Publicity is expensive. Perhaps paying thousands to FOX News to air a 30 second clip for Baldwin at 3:00 am EST would have been better? No, the Baldwin Campaign paid for what it wanted and they were happy.

The issue isn't just whether Parent got paid.

The integrity of Revolution Broadcasting is called into question (as if it wasn't before). RB essentially became an outlet to promote Baldwin and bash Barr. They never told anyone they were getting paid for the money bombs. In fact, Hamer, a representative of RB, if not Parent himself had this to say about Trevor Lyman not supporting the Baldwin money bomb.

WRONG! they get a portion of what ever is raised that day and who knows what else they are charging. Trevor was asked to help with the Chuck Baldwin money bomb 5 days after Ron Paul endorsed him and he refused and know we know why. He wanted to make money instead of helping the revolution.

Is this not the epitome of hypocrisy? He calls out TL for not supporting the money bomb and accuses him of profiteering. At the same time more support for the CB money bomb would have meant more money in Parent's coffers. Do you not see a problem here?

Which brings us to the schiffbomb. A week long extravaganza.

No1ButPaul08
07-23-2009, 11:25 PM
More assumtptions.

Well the numbers of supporters before the Schiff2010 got mysteriously pulled was very close to 6000. Maybe that was connected to Schiffbomb, I don't know. Why would the Schiffathon be thanking Chad Peace, leader of PEAC?

powerofreason
07-24-2009, 07:38 AM
As a person who lives in CT and is familiar with Simmons I really can't see how he will beat Schiff in the primary. Simmons is an old grouch. He's not personable at all imo, especially compared to Schiff. He got kicked out of his district in '08 and now he wants back in. He's old news, a "has been" if you will.

powerofreason
07-24-2009, 07:39 AM
And yes, CT loves national attention. Schiff will provide that with his nationwide support.