PDA

View Full Version : obama says he was in Hawaii in 1969 - LIE

smithtg
07-23-2009, 02:26 PM
WND breaks another story - this guy is a pathological liar, really
There was another lie out there where he even lied about how he met his wife...
http://www.ihatethemedia.com/barack-obama-lies-about-where-he-met-michelle

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=104703

Mr. President, we have a problem
Obama recalls Apollo 11 splashdown in Hawaii – while he lived in Indonesia

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: July 22, 2009
9:35 pm Eastern

By Chelsea Schilling
© 2009 WorldNetDaily

On this week's 40th anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing, President Obama praised the pioneering American astronauts and recalled his own childhood memories in Hawaii of NASA capsules splashing down in the Pacific.

But Houston, we have a problem. The president actually lived in Indonesia in 1969.

Obama met with Apollo 11 astronauts Neil Armstrong, Michael Collins and Edwin "Buzz" Aldrin in the Oval Office July 20 to commemorate the historic landing.

He praised the men for their "heroism, calm under pressure" and "grace."

"I think that all of us recall the moment in which mankind finally was untethered from this planet and was able to explore the stars; the moment in which we had one of our own step on the moon and leave that imprint that is there to this day," the president said.

During his speech with the Apollo 11 crew, Obama told the astronauts:

The country continues to draw inspiration from what you've done. I should note, just personally, I grew up in Hawaii, as many of you know, and I still recall sitting on my grandfather's shoulders when those capsules would land in the middle of the Pacific and they'd get brought back and we'd go out and we'd pretend like they could see us as we were waving at folks coming home. And I remember waving American flags and my grandfather telling me that the Apollo mission was an example of how Americans can do anything they put their minds to.
The following is a White House video of his speech:

However, Obama lived in Indonesia as a child, from 1967 to 1971, with his mother and stepfather – and not with his grandfather and grandmother, Stanley and Madelyn Dunham, in Hawaii.

Despite several statements made by the president about his childhood years in Jakarta, Obama's own White House biography begins with his alleged birth in Hawaii Aug. 4, 1961, and makes no mention of Indonesia.

It was not until Obama turned 10 that he moved to Honolulu to live with his grandparents.

The White House declined to respond to WND's request for clarification concerning Obama's account of being in Hawaii during the event.

The Apollo 11 splashdown took place 1,440 nautical miles east of Wake Island and 210 nautical miles south of Johnston Atoll on July 24, 1969 – just before Obama's eighth birthday.

if you have read this far, his wiki entry (which mind you is controlled by the liberals) says

After her divorce, Dunham married Indonesian student Lolo Soetoro, who was attending college in Hawaii. When Suharto, a military leader in Soetoro's home country, came to power in 1967, all Indonesian students studying abroad were recalled and the family moved to the island nation.[15] From ages six to ten, Obama attended local schools in Jakarta, including Besuki Public School and St. Francis of Assisi School.

In 1971, he returned to Honolulu to live with his maternal grandparents, Madelyn and Stanley Armour Dunham, and attended Punahou School, a private college preparatory school, from the fifth grade until his graduation from high school in 1979.[16]

Reason
07-23-2009, 02:34 PM
Too bad WND is so unreliable.

They cover equal amounts of legitimates stories as they do illegitimate stories that happen to fit their agenda.

heavenlyboy34
07-23-2009, 02:39 PM
I think "pathological liar" is one thing TPTB look for when they appoint a president. :eek: :(

acptulsa
07-23-2009, 02:42 PM
Apollo 17 didn't lift off until December 1972.

erowe1
07-23-2009, 02:43 PM
Too bad WND is so unreliable.

They cover equal amounts of legitimates stories as they do illegitimate stories that happen to fit their agenda.

Yep, and this one is one of the illegitimate ones. I don't even need to do any digging to figure that out. I can tell by the very words in the article itself. In their quote from Obama he does not claim to have been in Hawaii at the time of Apollo 11, just that he was there during certain unspecified Apollo missions where capsules were recovered from the Pacific. This fits with the chronology of Obama's life and whereabouts also given in the WND article, since the Apollo missions started in 1963, so he definitely would have been in Hawaii during some of them. As a matter of fact, the very fact that he does not specifically mention Apollo 11 in that statement, given that he was talking to the Apollo 11 crew in recognition of the anniversary of the Moon landing, suggests that he deliberately avoided naming that mission specifically, since he knew he wasn't in Hawaii at the time.

pcosmar
07-23-2009, 03:16 PM
Yep, and this one is one of the illegitimate ones. I don't even need to do any digging to figure that out.
,,,,,snip
This fits with the chronology of Obama's life and whereabouts also given in the WND article, since the Apollo missions started in 1963, so he definitely would have been in Hawaii during some of them. As a matter of fact,
,,,,,,snip
, since he knew he wasn't in Hawaii at the time.

So you just supply your own disinformation/misinformation.

The first Appolo was in 1967,
3 were killed in a test of the first Appolo mission.
I followed the space program closely in those days. They seem to be far more accurate than you.

erowe1
07-23-2009, 03:26 PM
So you just supply your own disinformation/misinformation.

The first Appolo was in 1967,
3 were killed in a test of the first Appolo mission.
I followed the space program closely in those days. They seem to be far more accurate than you.

Sorry. You're right. There were unmanned Apollo missions before that. But Obama wasn't in Hawaii during the first manned Apollo mission that actually went through. So I stand corrected. But as someone else posted, manned Apollo missions continued until 1975. Also, Obama's quote in the article does not specify that the missions he recalls were strictly Apollo missions. There were manned missions that were not part of Apollo in the early 60's when Obama was in Hawaii that did have splash downs in the Pacific, such as this one:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercury-Atlas_9

pcosmar
07-23-2009, 03:45 PM
Sorry. You're right. There were unmanned Apollo missions before that. But Obama wasn't in Hawaii during the first manned Apollo mission that actually went through. So I stand corrected. But as someone else posted, manned Apollo missions continued until 1975. Also, Obama's quote in the article does not specify that the missions he recalls were strictly Apollo missions. There were manned missions that were not part of Apollo in the early 60's when Obama was in Hawaii that did have splash downs in the Pacific, such as this one:

Mercury and Gemini were NOT Appolo.
Also, He was addressing the crew members of Appolo 11 mission when he was making these statements.

I have seen enough questionable and contradictory information about Obama to conclude that he is nothing but a media construct.
A fake.
Not because he is black and not because he is a democrat,
Simply because the shit stinks.
I feel the same way about McCain.

erowe1
07-23-2009, 03:57 PM
He was addressing the crew members of Appolo 11 mission when he was making these statements.

That is precisely what makes it so peculiar that when he referred to his recollections of splash downs in the Pacific he made no mention of them being Apollo missions. They weren't. I don't doubt that he would completely have made up the entire story. And I have no admiration for his character whatsoever. But the words in that quote appear to have been deliberately written so as not to be historically inaccurate. The WND article, on the other hand, tries to make it appear that the words somehow meant Obama was claiming to be in Hawaii in 1969, when they clearly do not say that. Nor is there anything in the quote that, taken completely literally, does not fit the chronology of Obama's whereabouts that the article gives.

Sandra
07-23-2009, 04:55 PM
Farah will do as he always does and scrub (or attempt to) the articles from his site. Sometimes he's just too slow and screenshots are all that's left.

Dianne
07-23-2009, 06:22 PM
When I heard Obama say the police acted "stupidly" because one of his friends was actually being protected from the police.... I knew.... this guy is a true piece of shit that wont' even really fess up about his immigration status... he is a silver tongue devil... although his stammering and stuttering is now getting old... the idiot that is now our news media king that is so damn dumb that believes there are 57 states in the US... YouTube - Obama Claims He's Visited 57 States (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws) Who the hell is the power that wishes to take down the US via some illegal immigrants? Bilderberg's? What is your theory as to the force destroying America? Before this country dies, I would like to know who took it down... I would love to hear your thoughts.

Dianne
07-23-2009, 06:38 PM
This guy is defined as this:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/narcissistic-personality-disorder/DS00652

But what haunts me more than anything is that the black population will stand behind him, right or wrong.... just because he is African. They don't give a shit what he does right or wrong.... or what he does to destroy them as well... because of the skin color they will support him to the end. That's a dreadful situation... No one hated George Bush more than me.. If Bush came on tv... the station went off. I just hope and pray that black american will wake up and realize we all have to work together.... do not elect a frickin idiot be President that won't provide his birth certificate, and has level 4th grade intelligence.... thinks the US has 57 states and he's been to all of them... My God America wake uppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp !!!!!!

smithtg
07-23-2009, 08:32 PM

is it not dumb that he mentions it in the context of Apollo 11 though? I know the english language always allows for flexibility in context and "in the context" of what he said, i realize now that he could be reasonably correct. But come on, why even mention it in such a general way, when the context could be interpreted such that he could imply that he was there when Apollo 11 came back

oh well, its all after the fact for me and i still think he is a liar