PDA

View Full Version : The End of Health Privacy:

Patriot123
07-22-2009, 04:51 PM
I was just watching ABC, and they had this report on a healthcare company called "Safeway" that came up with this 'new, innovative plan' for healthcare. Their "plan" was to reward those who took good approaches towards staying healthy compared to those who didn't make such smart choices. How would they determine this? Through you providing them with private information. Whether you smoke, your blood pressure, how you stay fit... all private information. Those who reveal that they're healthy, don't smoke and a number of other private but healthy looking details would pay less. Those who embarrassingly disclose their high blood pressure, their smoking habbit and awful health possibly in part due to a poor workout routine as defined by the healthcare company would pay more. Much more.
Obama publically has endorsed Safeway's policy. I'll be surprised if this new national healthcare that's to be implemented doesn't include policies like these and worse.

kahless
07-22-2009, 05:53 PM
I suppose they figure it is a done deal with the new national health care system centralizing all your medical records and now it is time to look past that to take it even further with "Safeway". All it takes is one bad doctor to put something in your record and it will be accessible by every health care and government agency there after. No different with Safeway but worse.

Not to mention with so many people having access to the system the risk to privacy and potential abuse. I find it absolutely incredible it has come to this without civil unrest yet. People are truly just a sleep in this country.