PDA

View Full Version : Lou Dobbs joins the "birther" truth movement

max
07-22-2009, 02:44 PM
This birth certificate issue isnt going away...

http://larrysinclair-0926.blogspot.com/

lynnf
07-22-2009, 03:22 PM
This birth certificate issue isnt going away...

http://larrysinclair-0926.blogspot.com/

no, it's not, but the press seems to be taking the ridicule approach that other Obama shills like to do

jackass Rick Sanchez of CNN and his drivel on the subject:
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2009/07/21/sanchez.obama.birth.cnn

Roland Martin makes a nutty suggestion: let's take everyone else's word on it and
let's not check for ourselves
http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/07/22/martin.obama.birth/index.html

lynn

lynnf
07-22-2009, 05:09 PM
(about the 3rd or 4th story down on 7-22-9)

Brian and Pete Williams did a fine hatchet job on the birth certificate.

this one and the CNN one have some common elements:

1. ridicule of the birther position (ad hominem attack)
2. they take someone else's word for the authenticity of the documents/evidence
3. they only present one side - they don't have someone or even have excerpts
presenting anything of the other side as they should in a balanced news story - by their own (past) standards

this is great -- they've thrown down the gauntlet and exposed themselves for what they are. no wonder no one believes them on anything anymore.

lynn

fedup100
07-22-2009, 05:16 PM
whooooohoooooooooo!!!

speciallyblend
07-22-2009, 05:17 PM
i sense a bait and switch is coming that will embarrass the GOP further,not that they need any help. if i am wrong so be it,but i bet soon the GOP will be made to look more foolish . then they already do!

bait and switch;)

Bruno
07-22-2009, 05:17 PM
even Hannity is joining in

He had a caller today say the Tea Bagger (his words) were joined by a bunch of other nuts and many believe that Barack Obama is not a U.S. citizen.

Hannity responded, "Well, you know, where is the birth certificate? I haven't seen it."

KramerDSP
07-22-2009, 05:32 PM
i sense a bait and switch is coming that will embarrass the GOP further,not that they need any help. if i am wrong so be it,but i bet soon the GOP will be made to look more foolish . then they already do!

bait and switch;)

I couldn't agree more. This is an orchestrated distraction, IMHO. I really think people should be focusing on Cap and Trade, Afghanistan, Real ID, Health Care, and all of the other issues.

Sandra
07-22-2009, 08:06 PM
But look at all the same threads started by the same 3 people on this forum. How many a day? an hour?

lynnf
07-22-2009, 08:11 PM
But look at all the same threads started by the same 3 people on this forum. How many a day? an hour?

aw, those silly bloggers, they just won't stop, will they? waaaaaa hoooooo!

lynn

Zippyjuan
07-22-2009, 08:28 PM

Whose word would you accept?
Hawiian officials have verified the document and say that they do indeed have the original.

Just seems to me that Birthers have replaced the Truthers. But the birther posts don't end up in Off Topic.

Danke
07-22-2009, 08:32 PM
Whose word would you accept?
Hawiian officials have verified the document and say that they do indeed have the original.

Are those the same government officials that verified Saddam had WMD?

Wadesc
07-22-2009, 08:38 PM
I think this will lead nowhere.

Even if he wasnt born in the US, if there was evidence that somehow proves it, the only way it would get out is if they wanted it to happen.

Wild Goose chase.

Chirac's Poodle
07-22-2009, 09:05 PM
The only reasons I haven't cancelled cable yet are Lou Dobbs and the Weather Channel. But really, I should. I find most programming unwatchable.

Zippyjuan
07-22-2009, 09:06 PM
Are those the same government officials that verified Saddam had WMD?
No they are not.

Danke
07-22-2009, 09:08 PM
No they are not.

Good, I guess we can have faith in them then.

lynnf
07-22-2009, 09:42 PM

good one -- ha, ha.

http://www.911blogger.com/files/jetfuel.jpg

lynn

ghengis86
07-22-2009, 10:06 PM

call me a birther; the hawaii people say there is a birth certificate on record; not a hawain BC, but a BC. i tend to believe barry is not a natural born citizen.

but the anti-birthers on this board raise two good points. one, it could be a set up to trash the GOP/birthers and also play the racist card against all of barry's doubters. a good sneaky strategy if there is a real, hawaian BC.

Second, what happens if he's found to not be a natural born? does Biden take over? i doubt is since the VP is selected by the POTUS. So we're left with Pelosi? would we be uber-fucked or would there be a chance to reform the current government into something less malignant (eliminate would be best, but not likely)

I know I don't believe the MSM's crap that Barry's a natural born and the birthers are crazy. I also don't know if ousting barry in this manner would accomplish more or less for the freedom/liberty movement. All i know is that i'd be willing to take a chance on shaking things; it's obvious that current methods have produced paltry results and that we may be running out of time.

lynnf
07-23-2009, 09:40 PM
according to Roland Martin, just because he's the president, there's no issue

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0907/23/ldt.01.html

ROLAND MARTIN, CNN CONTRIBUTOR: Well, first and foremost, he's produced the document he received from the state of Hawaii.

Now, you are saying, where's the original? According to the state of Hawaii, that is the document that establishes where he was born. So, what is the issue?

DOBBS: So, you don't think...

(CROSSTALK)

DOBBS: So, you don't think the president has a copy?

MARTIN: No, but what is the issue?

DOBBS: Well, the issue is...

MARTIN: I mean, he's the president. He's been certified. He's in office.

DOBBS: Well, he's a president. I mean, he's not like a -- I mean, you make it sound like he's been anointed something beyond that.

MARTIN: No, no, he's a president of the United States, the 44th.

DOBBS: Yes. Yes.

MARTIN: So, what -- what is the point? I mean, exactly where is the story in this? If he has presented a document, the state of Hawaii has confirmed that -- that he was indeed born there, what's the issue?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lynn

lynnf
07-23-2009, 09:44 PM
oh, and there's another fly in the ointment from the same link as the last post

"And a number of Americans are asking, why not? The left-wing media has attacked me because I simply asked the question. Meanwhile, the state of Hawaii says it can't release a paper copy of the president's original birth certificate because they say the state government discarded the original document when the health department records went electronic some eight years ago."
--------------------------------

lynn

Peace&Freedom
07-23-2009, 10:39 PM
(about the 3rd or 4th story down on 7-22-9)

Brian and Pete Williams did a fine hatchet job on the birth certificate.

this one and the CNN one have some common elements:

1. ridicule of the birther position (ad hominem attack)
3. they only present one side - they don't have someone or even have excerpts
presenting anything of the other side as they should in a balanced news story - by their own (past) standards

this is great -- they've thrown down the gauntlet and exposed themselves for what they are. no wonder no one believes them on anything anymore.

lynn

This of course is the straightforward point. The MSM have utterly failed to bury the story, or the simple question of "why won't Obama just produce the actual birth certificate, if there's no issue?" So now they have moved up to ridicule---"first they ignore you, then they ridicule you..." But by tipping their hand this way they have backhandedly admitted they can't hold back the dam forever. On this and other matters, truth will out, regardless of what truth deniers regard as not respectable enough to discuss.

To the deniers who pre-define each issue they disagree with as off topic, I will simply say if the basic question of the constitutional qualifications of Obama to serve is not worthy of review by a freedom movement supposedly based on supporting the constitution, then our movement is just a scam. Backing the MSM's cover stories and frauds in some areas, maintains the overall strength of their system of truth suppression in the areas we may care about more. We cannot maintain momentum in displacing the current establishment if we keep trying to pick and choose which of its taboos we will oppose. Let's take down the whole stinking mess, falsely qualifed President and all.

SimpleName
07-23-2009, 11:28 PM
The reality of it is we won't know until after Obama is long out of office. I haven't followed this much because of this reason. No one with any real authority will put any effort into it and we won't find out. So lets just focus on the real issues for now. There are just so many things about to explode and melt away our country right now, that we need to focus. If Obama's plans can be forced into real length, people will slowly realize there is just too much off the wall crap in these things to accept them.

buffalokid777
07-23-2009, 11:55 PM

bait and switch;)

I think you are right, something about this whole issue doesn't seem right.

I think this whole birther thing was conceived by the globalists to convince Obama, that he should embrace the internet hate bill.

Because most of this issue has been on the internet, and if Obama was really born in Hawaii. If they spread this message through their loyal outlets like WND, they would have all the ammo to have Obama sign the internet hate bill to restrict free speech. (We all know what WND said about Ron Paul during the election and were warmongering cheerleaders for the middle east)

Also if they came up with a true undeniable birth certificate for Obama. They could discredit 9-11 truth since the globalists have adopted the Birther name much like the truthers. Even though there is so much more evidence in the pipeline about 9/11. I think this Birther thing is a red herring to discredit those who are espousing it and helps to show guilt by association like those trying to get a new investigation into 9/11 as nutbags.

RevolutionSD
07-24-2009, 12:10 AM
I couldn't agree more. This is an orchestrated distraction, IMHO. I really think people should be focusing on Cap and Trade, Afghanistan, Real ID, Health Care, and all of the other issues.

orchestrated distraction is exactly right.
libertarians should know better. it's just like wanting to impeach bush.
nothing changes within the system. so what if obama goes down? president biden, vp hillary here we come. how is that any better?

the real issue is, why do we need a president?

Peace&Freedom
07-24-2009, 12:20 AM
If there were a genuine Hawaian birth certificate for Obama, the globalists would have produced it by now, just as if there were genuine photos showing a passenger plane hit the Pentagon it would have been produced by now. If there was a genuine positive law showing everyone was required to pay an income tax, it would have been produced by now. The fact they have not is a more telling sign of the absence of such evidence, than its presence. It's like saying "those guys are sooo clever, they are holding back all proof that they are so clever."

The globalists proceed by bluff and fabrication, not by harboring genuine facts, data or constitutional basis for its actions. The speculation they have secret 'gotcha' data to entrap truthers on tax, 9-11, birth, or other issues is not substantiated by evidence, yet floated about by the same people who say they dislike the 'baseless speculations' of conspiracy theorists. Go figure!

Danke
07-24-2009, 12:25 AM
If there were a genuine Hawaian birth certificate for Obama, the globalists would have produced it by now, just as if there were genuine photos showing a passenger plane hit the Pentagon it would have been produced by now. If there was a genuine positive law showing everyone was required to pay an income tax, it would have been produced by now. The fact they have not is a more telling sign of the absence of such evidence, than its presence. It's like saying "those guys are sooo clever, they are holding back all proof that they are so clever."

The globalists proceed by bluff and fabrication, not by harboring genuine facts, data or constitutional basis for its actions. The speculation they have secret 'gotcha' data to entrap truthers on tax, 9-11, birth, or other issues is not substantiated by evidence, yet floated about by the same people who say they dislike the 'baseless speculations' of conspiracy theorists. Go figure!

+1

Well said.

buffalokid777
07-24-2009, 12:30 AM

I think there is a legitimate Birth certificate and it will be produced after the internet hate bill passes, not until then. I really think this is what this is all about. Killing free speech on the internet and discrediting 9/11 truthers by associating them with birthers once the birthers are discredited. Very logical for the MO the globalists operate under.

Dianne
07-24-2009, 07:30 AM
Meanwhile, the state of Hawaii says it can't release a paper copy of the president's original birth certificate because they say the state government discarded the original document when the health department records went electronic some eight years ago."

LOL, that reminds me so much of the way in which George Bush's military records magically disappeared..

Deborah K
07-24-2009, 08:35 AM
It is shocking to me that we pee-ons have to show our BCs for IDs, school enrollments, DLs, and passports, but candidates for office - let alone the Presidency - don't have to????

The other issue here is the crap the media and dems gave McCain when his citizenship was being challanged. He produced a BC and the law regarding birth on a foreign military base, and the issue was closed. He's not the only one. According to Congressman Poe, a few others in the past have had their citizenships called into question and they all produced their BCs.

It strikes me as odd that Obama didn't just nip this in the bud way back when....it's too late now. Anything he produces now will be looked upon as forgery.

paulitics
07-24-2009, 09:15 AM
I think you are right, something about this whole issue doesn't seem right.

I think this whole birther thing was conceived by the globalists to convince Obama, that he should embrace the internet hate bill.

Because most of this issue has been on the internet, and if Obama was really born in Hawaii. If they spread this message through their loyal outlets like WND, they would have all the ammo to have Obama sign the internet hate bill to restrict free speech. (We all know what WND said about Ron Paul during the election and were warmongering cheerleaders for the middle east)

Also if they came up with a true undeniable birth certificate for Obama. They could discredit 9-11 truth since the globalists have adopted the Birther name much like the truthers. Even though there is so much more evidence in the pipeline about 9/11. I think this Birther thing is a red herring to discredit those who are espousing it and helps to show guilt by association like those trying to get a new investigation into 9/11 as nutbags.

Yep. This will go down with the lizard people conspiracy to discredit everything else with substance.

Sandra
07-24-2009, 09:57 AM
Where in the US would anyone have an 'original paper" document? Louisiana's BC's go to microfiche after 3 years. Originals are shredded , supposedly.

teamrican1
07-24-2009, 10:12 AM
Second, what happens if he's found to not be a natural born? does Biden take over? i doubt is since the VP is selected by the POTUS. So we're left with Pelosi? would we be uber-fucked or would there be a chance to reform the current government into something less malignant (eliminate would be best, but not likely)

The President does not select the Vice President. The Electoral College selects the VP, same as the President. If Obama resigns or is impeached, Biden takes over.

Deborah K
07-24-2009, 10:21 AM
The President does not select the Vice President. The Electoral College selects the VP, same as the President. If Obama resigns or is impeached, Biden takes over.

From what I understand, if he's found not eligible, then the election is invalid. Therefore there would be a new election.