PDA

View Full Version : Demographics -- Personality Type

Kludge
07-22-2009, 04:07 AM
Demographics List (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=2222435)

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp <--- Take the test here

ISTJ
Quiet, serious, earn success by thoroughness and dependability. Practical, matter-of-fact, realistic, and responsible. Decide logically what should be done and work toward it steadily, regardless of distractions. Take pleasure in making everything orderly and organized – their work, their home, their life. Value traditions and loyalty.

ISFJ
Quiet, friendly, responsible, and conscientious. Committed and steady in meeting their obligations. Thorough, painstaking, and accurate. Loyal, considerate, notice and remember specifics about people who are important to them, concerned with how others feel. Strive to create an orderly and harmonious environment at work and at home.

INFJ
Seek meaning and connection in ideas, relationships, and material possessions. Want to understand what motivates people and are insightful about others. Conscientious and committed to their firm values. Develop a clear vision about how best to serve the common good. Organized and decisive in implementing their vision.

INTJ
Have original minds and great drive for implementing their ideas and achieving their goals. Quickly see patterns in external events and develop long-range explanatory perspectives. When committed, organize a job and carry it through. Skeptical and independent, have high standards of competence and performance – for themselves and others.

ISTP
Tolerant and flexible, quiet observers until a problem appears, then act quickly to find workable solutions. Analyze what makes things work and readily get through large amounts of data to isolate the core of practical problems. Interested in cause and effect, organize facts using logical principles, value efficiency.

ISFP
Quiet, friendly, sensitive, and kind. Enjoy the present moment, what’s going on around them. Like to have their own space and to work within their own time frame. Loyal and committed to their values and to people who are important to them. Dislike disagreements and conflicts, do not force their opinions or values on others.

INFP
Idealistic, loyal to their values and to people who are important to them. Want an external life that is congruent with their values. Curious, quick to see possibilities, can be catalysts for implementing ideas. Seek to understand people and to help them fulfill their potential. Adaptable, flexible, and accepting unless a value is threatened.

INTP
Seek to develop logical explanations for everything that interests them. Theoretical and abstract, interested more in ideas than in social interaction. Quiet, contained, flexible, and adaptable. Have unusual ability to focus in depth to solve problems in their area of interest. Skeptical, sometimes critical, always analytical.

ESTP
Flexible and tolerant, they take a pragmatic approach focused immediate results. Theories and conceptual explanations bore them – they want to act energetically to solve the problem. Focus on the here-and-now, spontaneous, enjoy each moment that they can be active with others. Enjoy material comforts and style. Learn best through doing.

ESFP
Outgoing, friendly, and accepting. Exuberant lovers of life, people, and material comforts. Enjoy working with others to make things happen. Bring common sense and a realistic approach to their work, and make work fun. Flexible and spontaneous, adapt readily to new people and environments. Learn best by trying a new skill with other people.

ENFP
Warmly enthusiastic and imaginative. See life as full of possibilities. Make connections between events and information very quickly, and confidently proceed based on the patterns they see. Want a lot of affirmation from others, and readily give appreciation and support. Spontaneous and flexible, often rely on their ability to improvise and their verbal fluency.

ENTP
Quick, ingenious, stimulating, alert, and outspoken. Resourceful in solving new and challenging problems. Adept at generating conceptual possibilities and then analyzing them strategically. Good at reading other people. Bored by routine, will seldom do the same thing the same way, apt to turn to one new interest after another.

ESTJ
Practical, realistic, matter-of-fact. Decisive, quickly move to implement decisions. Organize projects and people to get things done, focus on getting results in the most efficient way possible. Take care of routine details. Have a clear set of logical standards, systematically follow them and want others to also. Forceful in implementing their plans.

ESFJ
Warmhearted, conscientious, and cooperative. Want harmony in their environment, work with determination to establish it. Like to work with others to complete tasks accurately and on time. Loyal, follow through even in small matters. Notice what others need in their day-by-day lives and try to provide it. Want to be appreciated for who they are and for what they contribute.

ENFJ
Warm, empathetic, responsive, and responsible. Highly attuned to the emotions, needs, and motivations of others. Find potential in everyone, want to help others fulfill their potential. May act as catalysts for individual and group growth. Loyal, responsive to praise and criticism. Sociable, facilitate others in a group, and provide inspiring leadership.

ENTJ
Frank, decisive, assume leadership readily. Quickly see illogical and inefficient procedures and policies, develop and implement comprehensive systems to solve organizational problems. Enjoy long-term planning and goal setting. Usually well informed, well read, enjoy expanding their knowledge and passing it on to others. Forceful in presenting their ideas.

Epic
07-22-2009, 04:08 AM
Looks like it's the usual gang of young white horny godless males

Kludge
07-22-2009, 04:23 AM
From nearly a year ago:

very expressed introvert
moderately expressed intuitive personality
distinctively expressed thinking personality
slightly expressed perceiving personality

For the record ;)

Results from six months (~early 2008) ago:

I....N.. T. J,

56 88 50 33

7/22/09

distinctively expressed introvert (67)
very expressed intuitive personality (88)
distinctively expressed thinking personality (62)
slightly expressed perceiving personality (22)

6/23/10

very expressed introvert (89)
moderately expressed thinking personality (25)
moderately expressed perceiving personality (33)

Bobster
07-22-2009, 04:44 AM
INTJ here.

# slightly expressed introvert
# moderately expressed intuitive personality
# moderately expressed thinking personality
# slightly expressed judging personality

canadian4ronpaul
07-22-2009, 04:51 AM
ENTP. word.

krazy kaju
07-22-2009, 07:40 AM
INTP. Sounds like it fits my personality type.

acptulsa
07-22-2009, 07:42 AM
WWKD--I never make a move without asking myself what Kludge would do.

Elwar
07-22-2009, 07:45 AM
I am an individual that can not be categorized.

Kludge
07-22-2009, 07:52 AM

I'm going to put you in the can-not-be-categorized category, then, along with the others.

acptulsa
07-22-2009, 07:56 AM
Is that where you put people who refuse to sort through this goofy alphabet soup crap? If so, sign me up.

Dreamofunity
07-22-2009, 09:31 AM
Eh, I voted the wrong thing.

tremendoustie
07-22-2009, 09:47 AM
EN*J (technically a slight F)

ChaosControl
07-22-2009, 10:00 AM
I'm with the majority here. INTJ

# distinctively expressed introvert
# moderately expressed intuitive personality
# slightly expressed thinking personality
# slightly expressed judging personality

Brassmouth
07-22-2009, 10:36 AM
http://joannachiaa.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/motivator_intj.jpg

acptulsa
07-22-2009, 10:38 AM
Cute the way they set up that Risk board. Too bad they're not competent enough photographers to get some depth of field.

Danke
07-22-2009, 10:39 AM
Not a poll.

muh_roads
07-22-2009, 10:40 AM
I can't be arsed with taking 72 questions. What type does that make me?

pcosmar
07-22-2009, 10:43 AM
Innie,

Oh, wait, That's my belly button. ;)

acptulsa
07-22-2009, 10:43 AM

IBLM. Impatient bastard like me. :)

Jordan
07-22-2009, 10:45 AM
INTJ here.

Kludge
07-22-2009, 10:46 AM

ISTJ, I'm guessing.

Natalie
07-22-2009, 10:47 AM
Someone once told me that most libertarians are Introverts. It makes sense, as they just want to be left alone from the government.

Natalie
07-22-2009, 10:57 AM
I just took the test. I got ISFP.

akihabro
07-22-2009, 12:49 PM
ENTJ
Frank, decisive, assume leadership readily. Quickly see illogical and inefficient procedures and policies, develop and implement comprehensive systems to solve organizational problems. Enjoy long-term planning and goal setting. Usually well informed, well read, enjoy expanding their knowledge and passing it on to others. Forceful in presenting their ideas.

Kludge
07-24-2009, 08:26 AM
Bump.

Working Poor
07-24-2009, 08:58 AM
WWKD--I never make a move without asking myself what Kludge would do.

I think I need to think about doing this too....

LittleLightShining
07-24-2009, 10:09 AM
EN*J (technically a slight F)

I'm ENFJ, too. I used to be ENFP, though.

jclay2
07-24-2009, 10:34 AM
I put down entj, before realizing that there was a survey. Not to surprising, I ended up with INTJ.

Mrs.Joe
07-24-2009, 11:15 AM
i effed up the poll...i clicked the wrong thing lol....im intj

Kludge
07-27-2009, 12:57 AM
Bump.

Vessol
07-27-2009, 01:26 AM
I'm INTJ, done this test multiple times on multiple forums. INTJ was normally one of the smallest percentages there, but it surprises me quite a bit that the majority who voted, voted INTJ. Though it doesn't overly surprise me, the whole libertarian mindset falls well into INTJ.

Edit: Oh fuck, I didn't know Ben Bernanke AND Alan Greenspan was a INTJ.

Reason
07-27-2009, 01:29 AM
ENTJ

Chester Copperpot
07-27-2009, 02:38 AM
IM INFP... I knew it even before I took the test...

VIDEODROME
07-27-2009, 03:09 AM
Intj

moostraks
07-27-2009, 06:03 AM
Did this the other night when you brought up your old poll:

Strength of the preferences %
Introverted 78
Intuitive 75
Feeling 38
Judging 33

Kludge
07-27-2009, 06:16 AM
For any interested, there is a more detailed analysis of the different types here: http://www.personalitypage.com/high-level.html

Mini-Me
07-27-2009, 06:38 AM
I typically score INTP, but I came up as an INTJ this time with a 1% J preference. I still voted INTP though, since I know that describes my personality type much more closely. Sorry if I screwed up your poll, Kludge. ;) Really though, I SHOULD screw up all these polls with loads of ESFP and ESFJ answers to throw off any potential data mining efforts. Based on the MBTI polls here, it's pretty clear what kind of people the NWO might have reason to exterminate...and I'm only halfway joking. :eek:

I'd post my more detailed results, but I'm not very confident in them given the wording of some of the questions...I tend to be more confident in my answers to the questions at mypersonality.info.

eOs
07-27-2009, 07:48 AM
INTJ. Figures

Kludge
07-29-2009, 03:18 AM
Bump. (Maybe I should try bumping this at night, since I always bump threads in the early morning....)

Kludge
07-29-2009, 04:24 PM
(Maybe I should try bumping this at night, since I always bump threads in the early morning....)

Good idea.

Danke
07-29-2009, 04:37 PM
Good idea.

Shouldn't you still be sleeping this time of day?

Not a poll.

Kludge
07-29-2009, 04:44 PM
Shouldn't you still be sleeping this time of day?

Sleep is slack.

Brian4Liberty
07-29-2009, 07:04 PM
From nearly a year ago:

As of this post:

distinctively expressed introvert (67)
distinctively expressed thinking personality (62)
slightly expressed perceiving personality (22)

The "indicator" test is quite often wrong. It really takes reading about the 4 areas where you need to make a choice. Pretty easy to do it that way. Ie. Read about them and then choose E or I, S or N, T or F, P or J.

We are mostly programmed to be J over P, so that one often comes up wrong on an indicator test. For instance "clean/organized bedroom" vs. "dirty/scattered bedroom": Answer with what you have right now, not what you are planning to do someday... ;)

Kludge
07-29-2009, 07:10 PM
//

Mini-Me
07-30-2009, 11:29 AM
The "indicator" test is quite often wrong. It really takes reading about the 4 areas where you need to make a choice. Pretty easy to do it that way. Ie. Read about them and then choose E or I, S or N, T or F, P or J.

We are mostly programmed to be J over P, so that one often comes up wrong on an indicator test. For instance "clean/organized bedroom" vs. "dirty/scattered bedroom": Answer with what you have right now, not what you are planning to do someday... ;)

You're definitely right about this one. I think we're strongly programmed to be E, S, and J over the alternatives, but the "J ideal" is probably the hardest to admit doesn't apply to you...especially if you're constantly striving to be that way. I've always tested borderline J/P because my natural "laziness" and resistance to structure conflicts with my programming and the way I'd like to see myself. P definitely describes my preferences better though. I'm chronically late, I procrastinate, and I hate having things scheduled and having to be places or do things at specific times...as much as I need it, I strongly resist structure in my lifestyle. Plus, my attention flutters from one subject to another. I'll become intensely interested in something until I learn enough to satisfy me, and then I'll move on. Unlike the stereotypical P though, I'm at least willing to take initiative and step up to a leadership position in group projects if someone else's incompetence gets too frustrating...

Kludge
08-07-2009, 12:13 PM
Bump.

mczerone
08-07-2009, 12:24 PM
I'm INTJ, done this test multiple times on multiple forums. INTJ was normally one of the smallest percentages there, but it surprises me quite a bit that the majority who voted, voted INTJ. Though it doesn't overly surprise me, the whole libertarian mindset falls well into INTJ.

Edit: Oh fuck, I didn't know Ben Bernanke AND Alan Greenspan was a INTJ.

ENTJ was FDR, Peale, and JP Morgan!

Basically the same personality as INTJ, but louder about it.

kaleidoscope eyes
08-07-2009, 12:43 PM
Your Type is
ISTJ
Introverted Sensing Thinking Judging
Last time I took this, I was INTJ, I wonder what changed?

But, it does indeed fit.

Nirvikalpa
08-07-2009, 12:48 PM
isfp

:)

ispfs have a strong affinity for aesthetics and beauty. They’re likely to be animal lovers, and to have a true appreciation for the beauties of nature. They’re original and independent, and need to have personal space.

They genuinely care about people, and are strongly service-oriented in their desire to please. They have an unusually deep well of caring for those who are close to them, and are likely to show their love through actions, rather than words.

good detail on personality types: http://www.personalitypage.com/high-level.html

Brian4Liberty
08-07-2009, 01:08 PM
Unlike the stereotypical P though, I'm at least willing to take initiative and step up to a leadership position in group projects if someone else's incompetence gets too frustrating...

Actually, that is stereotype P! Js will fight each other to be the first to step up as the leader. Ps will step up as last resort.

Kludge
08-22-2009, 02:06 AM
Bump.

ronpaulfollower999
08-22-2009, 07:30 AM
INFJ

Same as last year.

amy31416
08-22-2009, 07:47 AM
My personality type is STFU, but that's not in the poll. Weird.

Danke
08-22-2009, 08:08 AM

It's not a poll.

Oh, and good morning.

ronpaulfollower999
08-22-2009, 08:25 AM

:rolleyes:

amy31416
08-22-2009, 08:45 AM
It's not a poll.

Oh, and good morning.

But, but--it says above all the choices "poll options."

Good morning to you as well.

Danke
08-22-2009, 08:56 AM
But, but--it says above all the choices "poll options."

Good morning to you as well.

Yeah, and our money says "Federal Reserve" So?

Example of real polls: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=172968

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=176260

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=173504

amy31416
08-22-2009, 08:56 AM
Yeah, and our money says "Federal Reserve" So?

Example of a real poll: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=172968

You're cranky. I told you to have a good morning, didn't I?

Danke
08-22-2009, 09:09 AM
You're cranky. I told you to have a good morning, didn't I?

Well, you did also swear at me last night. ...I'll make some more coffee.

Kludge
08-22-2009, 09:11 AM
Well, you did also swear at me last night. ...I'll make some more coffee.

I heard, through the grapevine, that Amy was in Vent a couple nights ago cussing up a storm in a drunken rage.

It must have been true.

amy31416
08-22-2009, 09:12 AM
I heard, through the grapevine, that Amy was in Vent a couple nights ago cussing up a storm in a drunken rage.

It must have been true.

Not true. I was singing showtunes with MsD's husband in a drunken rage.

Mini-Me
08-22-2009, 09:16 AM
Actually, that is stereotype P! Js will fight each other to be the first to step up as the leader. Ps will step up as last resort.

I think you misunderstood my meaning there though. I can't remember where or which ones, but some of the profiles I read talked about INTJ's being reluctant leaders (as opposed to ENTJ's, ESTJ's, etc., who are the eager leaders), and they refer to INTP's as poor leaders and people who generally won't step up at all. I didn't mean to imply that there's a stereotype of INTP's being eager leaders - I meant to imply I thought there was a stereotype of them not being leaders, period. ;)

hotbrownsauce
08-23-2009, 01:31 AM
ENTJ

YAY me too! -That was fun!

Kludge
08-23-2009, 01:37 AM
This is interesting. Across the board, there are generally far less Ps than Js in comparison to older polls, but with only just over 80 votes, it's hard to say that with any weight.

talkingpointes
08-23-2009, 01:58 AM
Intj

tpreitzel
08-23-2009, 03:30 AM
INFP - Idealistic Healers (AKA Crusader)

Thankfully, we're a small, small portion of society or society would grind to a halt. ;)

"They are idealists and perfectionists, who drive themselves hard in their quest for achieving the goals they have identified for themselves."

"When it comes to the mundane details of life maintenance, INFPs are typically completely unaware of such things. They might go for long periods without noticing a stain on the carpet, but carefully and meticulously brush a speck of dust off of their project booklet."

The first quotation defines me to a tee. It's no wonder that I'm constantly pressed for time. Finally, I can readily identify with the last quotation. I'm amazingly fussy about "important" things, i.e. my personal crusades. :)

"Mentally quick, and able to see possibilities."

One trait that's essential in comedy and songwriting (improvisation)

Number19
07-05-2010, 01:06 PM
Can't find where I've posted on this before, so chalk me up for another INTJ

[I] 33 [N] 38 [T] 88 [J] 33

But when I did a self evaluation, I came up with intp.

What I found interesting, for the T scores, the high percentage of scores below 50. Out of 26 intj's that I noted (not including mine), only 5 had score's above 50. 10 had scores below 25. There was one score of 94 and one score of 88 that matched my score of 88.

This somehow seems out-of-kilter for INTJ.

My introvert score may be a little low. I'm an introvert, but I don't let it control me.

Kludge
07-05-2010, 01:12 PM
//

Kylie
07-05-2010, 01:21 PM
ENFJ

Extraverted Intuitive Feeling Judging

44 75 12 1

Don't really know what difference this makes in the real world, that's what these people say I am.

I just love being put into boxes, ya know. :rolleyes:

Anti Federalist
07-05-2010, 01:26 PM

"If you decide not to choose, you still have made a choice."

LoL :D

JacobG18
07-05-2010, 01:29 PM
Istj

Sentient Void
07-05-2010, 04:03 PM
ENTP, baby.

Kýrie eléison
07-07-2010, 10:02 PM
INTJ
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
44 25 25 22

RM918
07-07-2010, 10:08 PM
Notice that there's no result for this test called, 'Asshole'. It certainly exists, and it's absence from this test can only de-legitimize it.

Andrew Ryan
07-07-2010, 10:43 PM
ISTJ, yay!

catdd
07-07-2010, 11:01 PM
The only Isfj

Philhelm
07-08-2010, 01:24 AM
INTJ here, and a seemingly disproportionate number of them here so far. Isn't that personality type supposed to be among the less common ones? There must be something about INTJ's and a gravitation toward liberty.

Suzu
07-08-2010, 10:45 AM
ENTJ

Same here. What was your exact score? Mine:

11 62 25 33

Kludge
07-20-2010, 09:31 PM
INTJ here, and a seemingly disproportionate number of them here so far. Isn't that personality type supposed to be among the less common ones? There must be something about INTJ's and a gravitation toward liberty.

It could also just reflect the nature of the Introvert as this polls an internet messageboard - or there could be something else going on.

This doesn´t necessarily reflect "Ron Paul Supporters" - just RPF members who want to take the poll and post their results.

Kregisen
07-20-2010, 10:14 PM
ENTJ here....and all characteristics of it are actually true.

Brian4Liberty
07-20-2010, 11:05 PM
It could also just reflect the nature of the Introvert as this polls an internet messageboard - or there could be something else going on.

This doesn´t necessarily reflect "Ron Paul Supporters" - just RPF members who want to take the poll and post their results.

Yep. I would also point out that a false "J" is common when people first take the indicator test. Society wants you to be J. You have been trained to be J. Many people decide they are really P after reading about the MBTI more in depth.

Kludge
07-22-2010, 12:27 PM
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h200/benrulez71/polls-closed.jpg

I´m interested in whether or not the "N"s here tend to dominated by libertarians or not.

Danke
07-22-2010, 12:37 PM
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h200/benrulez71/polls-closed.jpg

I´m interested in whether or not the "N"s here tend to dominated by libertarians or not.

The Poll that Never Was.

Golding
07-22-2010, 12:40 PM
# slightly expressed introvert (11%)
# moderately expressed intuitive personality (25%)
# distinctively expressed thinking personality (62%)
# slightly expressed judging personality (11%)

sailingaway
07-22-2010, 12:41 PM
Why would you think that most people on here are in favor of giving their personal data on the internet? It seems like a poor target audience, to me.

Matt Collins
10-25-2013, 11:15 AM
Click image to enlarge: