PDA

View Full Version : What religion are you?

LibertiORDeth
07-22-2009, 03:57 AM
Just haven't seen a poll on this in a while, want to see what the current demographics look like.

pcosmar
07-22-2009, 07:08 AM
I don't have a "religion". I have Faith.
I do tend to be rather irreligious.

krazy kaju
07-22-2009, 07:14 AM
I'm a Catholic-friendly Atheist. :)

acptulsa
07-22-2009, 07:15 AM
No room for da jooz, I see... :rolleyes:

TurtleBurger
07-22-2009, 07:24 AM
I'm an Atheist-friendly Catholic!

CaseyJones
07-22-2009, 07:26 AM
picked Other
Give Me That Old Time Religion :D

damien88
07-22-2009, 08:59 AM
I chose Other because I think maybe there is something right in some religions, But if asked which I believe strictly I would choose atheist

Objectivist
07-22-2009, 09:01 AM
I'll let you guess. By the way what portion of a religion do you have to follow to be considered a member of that religion?

"What religion are you?"

Objectivist
07-22-2009, 09:03 AM

Hmm, must be a plot to eradicate the Jews.

LibertiORDeth
07-22-2009, 12:38 PM

:O Sorry, it was 3:30 AM or something like that when I posted this, you'll have to settle for other :)

Original_Intent
07-22-2009, 12:52 PM
I don't profess to be a religion. ;)

TortoiseDream
07-22-2009, 01:05 PM
*edited*

TortoiseDream
07-22-2009, 01:06 PM
I think my beliefs are echoed in all major religions. If I had to associate myself with something, though, I'd put Taoism (which isn't really a religion, though).

Theocrat
07-22-2009, 03:33 PM
Do I even have to answer the question? :D

ChaosControl
07-22-2009, 03:36 PM
Oh I know you're a hardcore secular humanist Theo.

Theocrat
07-22-2009, 03:46 PM
Oh I know you're a hardcore secular humanist Theo.

Heil Hitler!

BuddyRey
07-22-2009, 05:07 PM
I continue to be a self-avowed Quaker, and now that Mark & Ian from Free Talk Live have also converted, it looks like The Friends have more libertarian cred than ever before!!! :)

rajibo
07-22-2009, 06:00 PM
Agnostic with Buddhist tendencies.

sevin
07-22-2009, 07:33 PM
Atheists/Agnostics FTW!

Uriel999
07-23-2009, 01:16 AM
:O Sorry, it was 3:30 AM or something like that when I posted this, you'll have to settle for other :)

Whatever joo hater!

I couldn't vote because while I do not believe in a god, the absence of belief in god does not make a religion.

ClayTrainor
07-23-2009, 01:17 AM
I am god, and existence is my religion :)

emazur
07-23-2009, 02:10 AM

Actually I'm the one true God, so you'll be going to hell for that blasphemous remarkhttp://www.ronpaulforums.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif

Theocrat
07-23-2009, 08:36 AM

Spoken like a true secular humanist, which is why there is so much confusion in our world today. Telling man that he could be God was the first lie ever spoken in human history (by Satan), and since then, mankind has entered into much suffering trying to make themselves deity a reality.

Of course, if every person is God, then we have a major polytheistic problem on our hands because which God gets to decide what is moral, true, and rational? I recall dictators such as Nero, Mao Tse-Tung, Adolph Hitler, and Josef Stalin tried to answer that question for the world, but in the end, they weren't very convincing nor successful. ;)

Pennsylvania
07-23-2009, 09:00 AM
I typically identify as an Agnostic-Atheist, a position which can be summarized thus:
I do not know with certainty whether there exists or does not exist a "god", but I so throroughly doubt that she does exist, that it would be foolish to say that I do not exhibit the property of "atheism", the very definition of which is "without theism".

Nirvikalpa
07-23-2009, 09:38 AM
I follow Buddhist moral philosophy (which is the 5 Precepts), hence why I do not take drugs or drink alcohol, as I believe losing the clarity of the mind leads to unhappiness and a loss of wisdom.

My love for nature and my beliefs involved with it mostly fit Wiccan philosophy, that in order to function properly humans must be harmonious with nature and respect all creatures. Every feeling we have (the good, bad, the sexual, the sensual) are sacred. No evil feelings can ever justify a need.

I believe with my whole heart that Jesus Christ died on a cross and thus our sins were forgiven. I believe in the Holy Trinity, the power of Patron Saints, and the power of prayer. I don't believe the Bible is an accurate portrayal of the Word of God. I try to follow the Beatitudes and the Sermon on the Mount.

I like what I believe and have faith in. It definitely has made me a better, happier person :)

ClayTrainor
07-23-2009, 01:13 PM
Spoken like a true secular humanist, which is why there is so much confusion in our world today. Telling man that he could be God was the first lie ever spoken in human history (by Satan), and since then, mankind has entered into much suffering trying to make themselves deity a reality.

Of course, if every person is God, then we have a major polytheistic problem on our hands because which God gets to decide what is moral, true, and rational? I recall dictators such as Nero, Mao Tse-Tung, Adolph Hitler, and Josef Stalin tried to answer that question for the world, but in the end, they weren't very convincing nor successful. ;)

Lmao at your childish logic.

A God is not necessary to define morality, man. We know killing is wrong, because it's wrong! You however think it's right in certain circumstances, because God apparently said so, 2000 years ago when talking to some men who very clearly were on psychedellics of some kind.

TortoiseDream
07-23-2009, 02:17 PM

I believe we are all avatars of God, as well as the animals, the planets, and the pebbles beneath your feet.

Mrs.Joe
07-23-2009, 02:45 PM
I believe in a higher power, I do not go to church, I do not follow the bible, nor do i put any stock into it. I enjoy defending religion because we all have a right to believe what we want. :)

ClayTrainor
07-23-2009, 02:46 PM
I believe in a higher power, I do not go to church, I do not follow the bible, nor do i put any stock into it. I enjoy defending religion because we all have a right to believe what we want. :)

Hard to argue with that.

TurtleBurger
07-23-2009, 06:43 PM
Do I even have to answer the question? :D

Theo is a future papist.

SimpleName
07-24-2009, 12:56 AM
Atheists/Agnostics FTW!

I'm delighted to see so many atheists and agnostics. Atheist libertarians = My best friend. lol. If only we weren't the most hated minority in the country...and we don't even get kicks from affirmative action and other [racist, sexist] minority legislation. So much for my political aspirations.

Oceania
07-24-2009, 03:10 AM
I'm delighted to see so many atheists and agnostics. Atheist libertarians = My best friend. lol. If only we weren't the most hated minority in the country...and we don't even get kicks from affirmative action and other [racist, sexist] minority legislation. So much for my political aspirations.

lolol yea I was actually kind of surprised with how many atheists/agnostics are on here.

Yo theo! mauling 42 children with bears does not seem too moral now does it...

Kings 2:23-24:

"And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head. And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them"

Brian Defferding
07-24-2009, 08:58 AM
I worship pizza, whiskey, my girlfriend and William fucking Shatner.

Oceania
07-24-2009, 01:35 PM
I worship pizza, whiskey, my girlfriend and William fucking Shatner.

Hell yes, Shatner is THE MAN.