PDA

View Full Version : Gop senators ignore sotomayor's criminal activities

lynnf
07-21-2009, 12:23 PM
treachery abounds!

http://www.newswithviews.com/Devvy/kidd455.htm

But, the silence by Sessions, Graham, Coburn and the others is beyond perplexing. Bill O'Reilly remarked last week at the end of the hearings that the Republicans will vote to confirm Sotomayor possibly to "garner favor" with Latino voters for the next election. Sounds like a good excuse as any for their cowardice in not taking Sotomayor to the box on Dr. Cordero's evidence.

I first became aware of Dr. Richard Cordero's documentation a week ago. As with any other investigation, one has to spend a great deal of time studying all the evidence and Dr. Cordero has it.

"In the DeLano case, 06-4780-bk, Judge Sotomayor, presiding, and her colleagues on a panel of the Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit (CA2), issued a summary order to protect, not the rule of law, but rather their appointee to a bankruptcy judgeship, Bankruptcy Judge John C. Ninfo, II, WBNY.

"He had covered up the concealment of at least $673,657 by the most unlikely of ‘bankrupts’: a 39-year veteran banker who at the time of filing for bankruptcy was and remained employed by a major bank, M&T Bank, precisely as a bankruptcy officer!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lynn

lynnf
07-22-2009, 07:46 AM
hard to believe that absolutely no one has any comment...

lynn

kahless
07-22-2009, 09:05 AM

lynn

The media has so successfully brainwashed the masses that she is an outstanding Latina to the point it will bring tears to your eyes. Anything anyone says now will automatically be labeled as a racist remark.

She will be confirmed regardless of her past while those that know the truth either cower in fear of being called racist or simply know it is a losing battle.

DapperDan
07-22-2009, 11:04 AM
Affirmative action reaches to the top....I think she said shes a product of it as well?

Regardless of what she has done, she will definitely get in (unless bombarding Senators to say no). She's dangerous and if you think so you're probably a racist :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Njon
07-22-2009, 04:59 PM
See also http://www.newswithviews.com/Devvy/kidd457.htm

Fax/call your senators; don't let this go. While the 5th amendment protects Judge Sotomayor from criminal self-incrimination, it doesn't allow her to avoid disclosure in hearings such as these to an appointment she voluntarily accepted.

Lord Xar
07-22-2009, 05:04 PM
I read that, but what is the fraud - in layman terms?

lol. perhaps I am a novice at such judiciary procedures, but can someone spell out what she did - in layman terms?

speciallyblend
07-22-2009, 05:06 PM
the fact is the gop likes digging their hole deeper! keep digging gop eventually your hole will be so deep you cannot even climb out!

maybe the gop should of thought about all this before they rammed mccain down our throats and corrupted our republican primaries!. the gop deserves sotomayor!

the gop deserves everything they are bitching about! maybe next time they will nominate Ron Paul! the gop did nothing to deserve my vote last election!(note i did not vote for obama)

the gop made their bed now they must sleep in it!

the gop alienated themselves!

Njon
07-22-2009, 06:02 PM

lol. perhaps I am a novice at such judiciary procedures, but can someone spell out what she did - in layman terms?

Discovery is the phase of a case where records, evidence, etc. can be subpoenaed prior to the actual trial. As I understand it, the allegation is that Judge Sotomayor --- apparently along with other judges --- denied a bunch of discovery requests in order to conceal the fact that there was a bankruptcy fraud scheme going on. So the people seeking those records were denied due process because their requests were denied in order to cover up this alleged fraud.

Njon
07-22-2009, 09:43 PM
Bump

Njon
07-25-2009, 01:40 AM
This needs another bump. Contact the Senate ASAP.

Conservative Christian
07-25-2009, 02:29 AM

Hard to believe that some people get all excited and think it's a big news flash, when the usual RINO suspects support liberal Democrats.

Nothing new here. I'm totally unsurprised. :p

Conservative Christian
07-25-2009, 02:36 AM
the fact is the gop likes digging their hole deeper! keep digging gop eventually your hole will be so deep you cannot even climb out!

maybe the gop should of thought about all this before they rammed mccain down our throats and corrupted our republican primaries!. the gop deserves sotomayor!

the gop deserves everything they are bitching about! maybe next time they will nominate Ron Paul! the gop did nothing to deserve my vote last election!(note i did not vote for obama)

the gop made their bed now they must sleep in it!

the gop alienated themselves!

The demise of the Republican Party is greatly exaggerated.

I'm a Constitution Party supporter, but I wouldn't bet against the Republicans in November of next year.

Are you old enough to remember the elections of 1980 and 1994?

Gideon
07-25-2009, 02:36 AM

Your question exemplifies the sad state of affairs in our nation today, especially as it relates to the "legal system," such that even the Congressmen may not adequately be able to comprehend the scope of this alleged criminal behavior.

I will never claim to be uber-literate, but I was raised in a "legal" family, I was sent to all of the best schools, and although my destiny was to take over the family business, my disdain for the judicial system drove me instead towards a life of workingman's simplicity.

In other words:

Cheating, lying and stealing is expected and accepted behavior for BAR members and judges.

IMO, this will only get worse before it gets better, and if I had one admonition to offer it is the following:

Do your best to stay away from the justice system.

Conservative Christian
07-25-2009, 02:47 AM
Your question exemplifies the sad state of affairs in our nation today, especially as it relates to the "legal system," such that even the Congressmen may not adequately be able to comprehend the scope of this alleged criminal behavior.

I will never claim to be uber-literate, but I was raised in a "legal" family, I was sent to all of the best schools, and although my destiny was to take over the family business, my disdain for the judicial system drove me instead towards a life of workingman's simplicity.

In other words:

Cheating, lying and stealing is expected and accepted behavior for BAR members and judges.

IMO, this will only get worse before it gets better, and if I had one admonition to offer it is the following:

Do your best to stay away from the justice system.

I disagree with your specious reasoning.

One of the main reasons the judicial system is in the sorry state it is today, is because GOOD people decided not to get involved with it.

The same applies to the political system. When good people don't get involved, bad people will run the show. Pretty simple concept, really.

I urge honorable people to get involved with both the judicial and political processes in this country.

We need good people fighting for what's right, from both within and outside the system.

scrosnoe
07-25-2009, 03:16 AM
STOP Sotomayor post on R3publican (http://r3publican.wordpress.com/2009/07/25/stop-sotomayor-now-vote-this-week/)

http://r3publican.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/sotomayor-hearings.jpg?w=262&h=174

make calls first thing Monday - it is not over yet and very important!

Matt Collins
08-06-2009, 11:03 PM
Here are the Republicans who voted for Sotomayer:

• Sen. Lindsey Graham (S.C.)
• Sen. Lamar Alexander (Tenn.)
• Sen. Christopher Bond (Mo.)
• Sen. Susan Collins (Maine)
• Sen. Olympia Snowe (Maine)
• Sen. Richard Lugar (Ind.)
• Sen. Mel Martinez (Fla.)
• Sen. Judd Gregg (N.H.)
• Sen. George Voinovich (Ohio)

http://politics.nashvillepost.com/2009/08/06/the-pro-sotomayor-republicans/ (http://politics.nashvillepost.com/2009/08/06/the-pro-sotomayor-republicans/)

Danke
10-24-2009, 12:55 PM
http://borgnet-blog.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/upload/Norman%20Mattoon%20Thomas.jpg

A plaque in the Norman Thomas '05 Library reads: Norman M. Thomas, class of 1905. "I am not the champion of lost causes, but the champion of causes not yet won."

http://blog.beliefnet.com/stevenwaldman/assets_c/2009/05/Sotomayor_NassauHerald_%282%29-thumb-550x279-5311.jpg

WClint
10-24-2009, 01:19 PM
They are doing this because they are too scared to tackle the issue head on. Instead they decided to take the "middle road" seeing amnesty as an inevitability and will position themselves sometime in the future to go after the Latino vote, this despite the fact that the majority of Americans would oppose it.