PDA

View Full Version : Not To Play The Extreme Scenario Card, But...

TortoiseDream
07-20-2009, 06:42 PM
...does anyone have doubts about whether or not there will even be elections in 2012? We're all talking about Ron Paul et al. for president in 2012, but what if things are so bad that there's martial law, suspended elections, and all these other bullshit policies meant to keep us "safe" and "stable"? I think such a thing is possible if our movement becomes violent. Any thoughts? Or is this just dumb. :o

hamilton1049
07-20-2009, 06:49 PM
I could see it without any movement becoming violent. Technically any disaster natural or man made could trigger it the way executive orders are written.

sedele
07-20-2009, 07:21 PM
Mark my words. Bush jr was the last president of the USA.

Obama is not a natural born citizen and therefore is not the president.

sevin
07-20-2009, 08:01 PM
...does anyone have doubts about whether or not there will even be elections in 2012? We're all talking about Ron Paul et al. for president in 2012, but what if things are so bad that there's martial law, suspended elections, and all these other bullshit policies meant to keep us "safe" and "stable"? I think such a thing is possible if our movement becomes violent. Any thoughts? Or is this just dumb. :o

I actually think that if all goes as those in power have planned, we will have another "election" and martial law won't ever be necessary.

Think about it. You'd think there would have been so much unrest by the mid-thirties that there would have been a revolution then martial law then a dictatorship, etc. But the people did nothing and actually re-elected FDR...3 times!

rp08orbust
07-20-2009, 08:03 PM
I actually think that if all goes as those in power have planned, we will have another "election" and martial law won't ever be necessary.

Think about it. You'd think there would have been so much unrest by the mid-thirties that there would have been a revolution then martial law then a dictatorship, etc. But the people did nothing and actually re-elected FDR...3 times!

You mean 4 times.

sevin
07-20-2009, 08:41 PM
You mean 4 times.

Well, elected 4 times but re-elected 3 times.

mediahasyou
07-20-2009, 09:35 PM
I think it is more likely that the bankers will cause another depression if h.r. 1207 is passed. Then they can blame h.r.1207 and have it removed.

sevin
07-20-2009, 09:38 PM
I think it is more likely that the bankers will cause another depression if h.r. 1207 is passed. Then they can blame h.r.1207 and have it removed.

Seems like another depression is coming anyway.

TortoiseDream
07-21-2009, 10:27 PM

yea, interesting. so should we campaign for anyone, if this is the case?

Andrew-Austin
07-21-2009, 10:33 PM
Mark my words. Bush jr was the last president of the USA.

Obama is not a natural born citizen and therefore is not the president.

Gotta love the difference between a constitutional President and an unconstitutional one.

sevin
07-21-2009, 10:33 PM
yea, interesting. so should we campaign for anyone, if this is the case?

Sure.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." -- Ron Paul

TortoiseDream
07-21-2009, 10:52 PM
Sure.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." -- Ron Paul

But weren't you implying that the election is fixed, so besides the obvious exposure to ideas of liberty, what good would a presidential campaign do us if we can't win it?

acptulsa
07-22-2009, 06:35 AM
We need to campaign, and we need to volunteer to help with the elections so we can make sure they're clean and honest. And we need to avoid violence like the plague unless and until they demonstrably refuse to hold a fair and honest election.

If we go off before then, they have an excuse and we gave it to them. If we merely promise to go off if and when, we hold the Sword of Damocles.

pcosmar
07-22-2009, 07:35 AM
I think such a thing is possible if our movement becomes violent. Any thoughts? Or is this just dumb. :o

I'm not concerned with this or any other movement becoming violent.

I am concerned with TPTB becoming even more violent and provoking a reaction. :(

It seems almost inevitable.

max
07-22-2009, 08:16 AM
very good possibility that martial law will be enforced...

all they have to do is stage another 9/11...only this time the patsies will be "right-wing extremists"...

look for the government created swine flu to come back as well

TortoiseDream
07-22-2009, 10:13 AM
very good possibility that martial law will be enforced...

all they have to do is stage another 9/11...only this time the patsies will be "right-wing extremists"...

look for the government created swine flu to come back as well

yea something like this