MsDoodahs
09-25-2007, 12:01 PM
Call in with questions,

1888msnbcusa

I think that was the number...

CALL NOW WITH YOUR QUESTIONS FOR RON!

LibertyEagle
09-25-2007, 12:02 PM
Edwards idea of a fix is to tax us more. NOT reducing spending.

reduen
09-25-2007, 12:03 PM
its called cable :)

Have cable but no msnbc... I was hoping for a live stream or something.

Vonhayek7
09-25-2007, 12:08 PM
Has it come on yet?

cujothekitten
09-25-2007, 12:12 PM
Has it come on yet?

Nope not yet... he's coming up and will be taking calls

MsDoodahs
09-25-2007, 12:15 PM
Is anyone getting through?

10thAmendmentMan
I have cable but no MSNBC, as well. I'm assuming someone will YouTube this... right?

brumans
they just said some other guy was on after break.. let me know when he's on.. i can't be watching this non-ron paul crap on TV

Shellshock1918
09-25-2007, 12:16 PM
Maybe he'll be on Tucker today as well.

BLS
09-25-2007, 12:19 PM
I have cable but no MSNBC, as well. I'm assuming someone will YouTube this... right?

I will, but it may take a couple of hours.
I'm home for lunch right now.

ronpaulyourmom
09-25-2007, 12:20 PM
lol at that radio ad by mitt romney. Not only would he withdrawl the invitation to Iran's President, he would try him for genocide....

LibertyEagle
09-25-2007, 12:23 PM
WHAT genocide?

brumans
09-25-2007, 12:24 PM
WHAT genocide?

There are no homosexuals in iran... therefore he must of killed them all.

fletcher
09-25-2007, 12:25 PM
David Shuster is the worst. I hope Ron is on soon so I can turn this off.

MsDoodahs
09-25-2007, 12:28 PM
Argh, this is killing me......

I also think Chutester is the worst.

His voice grates on my nerves.

DAMN I have butterflies waiting to hear RP....

Danny Molina
09-25-2007, 12:28 PM
David Shuster is the worst. I hope Ron is on soon so I can turn this off.

I thought I was very socially liberal but David Shuster takes the cake.

brumans
09-25-2007, 12:29 PM
I thought the poster said "in a few minutes" or "coming up next"

false advertising!!!

Shellshock1918
09-25-2007, 12:30 PM
Ok..so where the hell is Ron???

angelatc
I'm glad I didn't miss it. There should be a way to send out a "Ron Paul Alert" dammit!

I walked away from the PC and look what happened.

MsDoodahs
That's what they said - then nothing through two segments.

They are going for a ratings boost, lol...

BuddyRey
09-25-2007, 12:31 PM
David Schuster doesn't bother me, but Bob Corker does. He wouldn't even have his Senate seat if he hadn't run grossly offensive race-baiting ads against Harold Ford, Jr. last year.

brumans
09-25-2007, 12:35 PM
Yea, Ron Paul is probably not ever going to be on. They just said his name for a ratings boost. Damnnit :(

Shellshock1918
09-25-2007, 12:35 PM
yea can we get this douche off the screen and put Ron on please?

kickzman
09-25-2007, 12:36 PM
lol at that radio ad by mitt romney. Not only would he withdrawl the invitation to Iran's President, he would try him for genocide....

Lets try Bush and Cheney first.:D

kalami
09-25-2007, 12:39 PM
WHAT genocide?

It's because of that comment of Ahamjedijjanan wanting to wipe Israel off the map or w/e. They're actually trying to pass legislation to that effect. Romney is so full of hot air though, the guy is in absolutely no position of authority so it's not really that hard to make these audacious demands.

LibertyEagle
09-25-2007, 12:41 PM
How can you try someone for something they have not done? I guess, intent, eh?

Wasn't it proven that when he said that, he had been mistranslated? I'm starting to wonder now, because he had the opportunity to clear that up yesterday, but did not.

MsDoodahs
09-25-2007, 12:43 PM
How can you try someone for something they have not done?

People are tried here all the time for stuff they've not done.

Sometimes convicted even though they're innnocent, too.

specsaregood
On Now?edit: yup

kenc9
He is on!

Shellshock1918
here we go...

goRPaul
He's on, hooray!

MsDoodahs
He Is About To Be On!

Huge Fan Base! Yay!

BLS
09-25-2007, 12:44 PM
On Now!!!

Ridiculous
09-25-2007, 12:45 PM
Someone summarize please.

rg123
09-25-2007, 12:46 PM
he should say the low polls are a result of the neocons rigging the polls its the truth

MsDoodahs
09-25-2007, 12:46 PM
Ah, what is he going to do with us...

YAY! HE SAYS WE SHOULD STAY TOGETHER!!!!

That's what I've been saying privately.

We MUST stay together, y'all!

BLS
09-25-2007, 12:47 PM

Being asked what he would do with 40 million for his campaign.
Said he would advertise Freedom, Civil Liberties, ending the war, ban the IRS.

kalami
09-25-2007, 12:47 PM
this is going flawlessly

Shellshock1918
09-25-2007, 12:48 PM
he should say the low polls are a result of the neocons rigging the polls its the truth

And be passed off as a tin-foil hat candidate...

kalami
09-25-2007, 12:49 PM

He said that he would try to do something with the following he has amassed, meaning if he does not win the nomination the "movement" doesn't end there.

MsDoodahs
He's doing a great job, Ridiculous. (sorry BLS, I got confused).

Shuster asked him if he had 40 mil what would he do in Iowa, Ron answered he'd get his message out and did a really nice rundown of his positions.

Shuster asked what will happen to his fan base, which candidate will he toss us to, Ron dodged it by saying IF I CAN FIND A GOP CANDIDATE THAT EMBRACES OUR PHILOSOPHY...Shuster laughed.

Then they took one call.

Shuster called us an internet SENSATION.

In the intro, he (shuster) was also very complimentary to our online presence.

Just ended, not bad at all IMO.

Ron looked tired...he's working so hard for us!

ButchHowdy
Ahhhh! Got my daily fix of Paul!~!

brumans
09-25-2007, 12:50 PM
GREAT interview. He did a run-down of some important positions and made it very clear.

Original_Intent
09-25-2007, 12:51 PM
heh I got through and they said they had too many calls for Ron Paul, but I could ask a question of Tancredo or Hunter if I wanted to. lol

itsnobody
That was great...someone youtube that

LibertyEagle
He did great. I just hate it though that they keep asking what he will do if he doesn't get the nomination. Ron needs to start telling them that he's not interested in talking about that, because he plans to GET the nomination!

BuddyRey
09-25-2007, 12:52 PM
I'm getting mighty sick of seeing pundits constantly labelling Ron "the Internet candidate."

fletcher
That went well. Ron said at the end that people in Congress tell him that they see his signs more than anyone elses and they are paying more attention to him.

slantedview
That was great...someone youtube that

agreed, for us poor folks who are "working" :)

Ninja Homer
09-25-2007, 12:53 PM
Lame call in question:
"How are you different than the Libertarian candidates?"

Not a bad interview by any means, but the questions were pretty light.

MsDoodahs
09-25-2007, 12:54 PM
I don't agree, LE.

I think Ron is doing great by making it clear that this is a MOVEMENT that is BIGGER than just his candidacy.

Let them realize NOW that we are NOT going away.

Akus
09-25-2007, 12:54 PM
in for a youtube link

born2drv
09-25-2007, 12:55 PM
I thought it was a very fair interview..... I specifically was interested in Ron Paul's answer to "who do you support for president if you don't get the nomination and what do you do with these 30,000+ followers online" and he said he would support someone who had his same philosophy (if anyone) :) ... but he also said that the movement will continue no matter what happens.

This got me thinking. If he doesn't get the nomination, wouldn't it make sense for us to have a moveon.org type of organization that focuses on limited government, personal responsibility, etc? And have this organization become a large force online to be reckoned with? We could sponsor debates of future presidential candiates, etc and ask questions in the keeping of the traditions of Ron Paul, let his legacy continue on no matter what happens in 2008.

Thoughts? :)

fletcher
09-25-2007, 12:56 PM
Lame call in question:
"How are you different than the Libertarian candidates?"

Not a bad interview by any means, but the questions were pretty light.

I agree. Ron made the best of all the questions though. I was impressed.

What would you do with 40 million dollars? What the hell kind of question is that?

MsDoodahs
heh I got through and they said they had too many calls for Ron Paul, but I could ask a question of Tancredo or Hunter if I wanted to. lol

I'd have stayed on and asked how in the hell they think the GOP has ANY chance of winning the WH with a warmonger as their nominee, and why it is they are comfortable handing the WH to the dems.

:D

Johnnybags
Should have been, What are you going to do with that warchest in a few months.

nullvalu

Hahaha that's so sad.. Awwww... I feel bad now.. :D

richard1984
09-25-2007, 12:57 PM
Ron looked tired...he's working so hard for us!

I don't know how he does it. The man is a superhuman--a real Superman!
He must be one of the most well-organized, disciplined, multi-talented people ever.
It wears me out just trying to comprehend how he does everything that he manages to do...and at 72 years of age!!!

Ron Paul is an inspiration to us all.
That's why he's my hero. :D

Taco John
Great interview. My only complaint is that Ron Paul needs to talk like he's going to GET the nomination. He needs to dismiss those that are dismissing us.

kenc9
He did look tired but sharp.

At this point he needs a big 3rd quarter and some big name support to sign on in his support.

I keep hearing some are coming but I think they may be waiting to get the biggest boost from them.

-ken

MsDoodahs
09-25-2007, 12:58 PM
I thought it was a very fair interview..... I specifically was interested in Ron Paul's answer to "who do you support for president if you don't get the nomination and what do you do with these 30,000+ followers online" and he said he would support someone who had his same philosophy (if anyone) :) ... but he also said that the movement will continue no matter what happens.

This got me thinking. If he doesn't get the nomination, wouldn't it make sense for us to have a moveon.org type of organization that focuses on limited government, personal responsibility, etc? And have this organization become a large force online to be reckoned with? We could sponsor debates of future presidential candiates, etc and ask questions in the keeping of the traditions of Ron Paul, let his legacy continue on no matter what happens in 2008.

Sounds like a plan, even once RP is prez.

kalami
09-25-2007, 12:59 PM
I like what MSNBC did. "No clear front runner in Republican Race" *flash pic of Ron Paul*

LibertyEagle
09-25-2007, 01:00 PM
Watch it now. They're asking GREAT questions. Iraq had nothing to do with 911, etc.

Danny Molina
09-25-2007, 01:01 PM
Hahaha that's so sad.. Awwww... I feel bad now.. :D

My question to Tancredo is "How long until you drop out?"

BuddyRey
09-25-2007, 01:06 PM
Great interview. My only complaint is that Ron Paul needs to talk like he's going to GET the nomination. He needs to dismiss those that are dismissing us.

AGREED!!! He needs to point out decisively and with great emphasis that he's no novelty also-ran with a tiny net-cult, he's a serious threat looming on the horizon for ALL of the frontrunners. I mean, for crying out loud, he's made &200,000 in donations since YESTERDAY!!!

Mordechai Vanunu
09-25-2007, 01:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkMs8tnsYow

MsDoodahs
09-25-2007, 01:08 PM
AGREED!!! He needs to point out decisively and with great emphasis that he's no novelty also-ran with a tiny net-cult, he's a serious threat looming on the horizon for ALL of the frontrunners. I mean, for crying out loud, he's made &200,000 in donations since YESTERDAY!!!

SHHHHHHH.

That's a secret. ;)

JPFromTally
09-25-2007, 01:09 PM
There is a moveon type of organization for liberty called downsizedc.

http://www.downsizedc.org/

LibertyEagle
09-25-2007, 01:11 PM

Yeah and he really needs to stop it with this, "I'm surprised" thing. He shouldn't say this, even if he is. It just adds into the whole can't win thing.

Original_Intent
09-25-2007, 01:13 PM
Yeah and he really needs to stop it with this, "I'm surprised" thing. He shouldn't say this, even if he is. It just adds into the whole can't win thing.

I think it is a good message. How many of US felt like we were "the only ones" who felt the way we do - I think this tells other people who are feeling like there is no hope that yes there are other people out there, and a lot of us, that hold these views.

Taco John
09-25-2007, 01:20 PM
It was a good message for the end of last quarter. The new message HAS to be, "this doesn't suprise us anymore. our base is large and motivated. Public opinion polling isn't picking it up because it's an antiquated method of gauging public opinion (the margin of error is too wide... caller ID and cell phones have rendered land line polling obsolete). We're going to march all the way to the Republican National Convention, debate the issues, and force floor votes. After we win, we're going all the way to the Whitehouse. True conservativism sells itself to Americans."

THIS HAS TO BE THE MESSAGE WE START SELLING!

We can't afford to act suprised anymore!

quickmike
09-25-2007, 01:21 PM
I think it is a good message. How many of US felt like we were "the only ones" who felt the way we do - I think this tells other people who are feeling like there is no hope that yes there are other people out there, and a lot of us, that hold these views.

I agree with you on this, but I also believe he should say "I think theres a VERY good chance that we will win the nomination, so the question is hard to answer" when he is asked what he will do if he is not nominated. Confidence is the thing people like in a candidate.

billm317
09-25-2007, 01:30 PM

What you say goes along with this quote:
"In order to be successful in life one must project the appearance of success"

OptionsTrader
09-25-2007, 01:32 PM
It was a good message for the end of last quarter. The new message HAS to be, "this doesn't suprise us anymore. our base is large and motivated. Public opinion polling isn't picking it up because it's an antiquated method of gauging public opinion (the margin of error is too wide... caller ID and cell phones have rendered land line polling obsolete). We're going to march all the way to the Republican National Convention, debate the issues, and force floor votes. After we win, we're going all the way to the Whitehouse. True conservativism sells itself to Americans."

I like it. Send it to the campaign.

rg123
09-25-2007, 01:34 PM

The people will rise up Freedom & Liberty does not end with Dr. Paul it is only the begining. The Revolution will go on with or without Dr. Paul. He is merely the voice
of the people for the time being. We must teach our children of the true meaning of Freedom & Liberty as we as a society have moved so far away from those principals.

MsDoodahs
09-25-2007, 01:39 PM

Yeah, that's good. Very good, in fact.

Hurricane Bruiser
09-25-2007, 01:40 PM
A grassroots movement that I am aware of and other people on this forum also are a part of is downsizedc.org

Taco John
09-25-2007, 01:58 PM

Thank you... :)

I work in PR/Marketing for a living...

Chelle
09-25-2007, 02:08 PM

That is a beautiful statement right there boys....concise and absolutely true. :D

Santana28
09-25-2007, 02:15 PM
screw moveon.org - thats small beans.

we're going to find, nominate, support, fund, and elect candidates in ALL level of government to spread the message of REAL freedom for this country.

We're changing EVERYTHING - whether Ron personally wins or not!

The time of International Corporations and Globalist Agendas running America is OVER.

michaelwise
09-25-2007, 02:15 PM
They beat me to it. My copy is slow processing on Youtube. This is smart thinking on MSNBC's part,posting on their site, because they want to keep their market share of Ron Paul coverage, instead of letting Youtube have all of it.

My Youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPAM0v8XRb8

rg123
09-25-2007, 02:17 PM

Agreed He should of said who are your sources I'm not just an internet sensation
I'm a 10 term congressman who has won 38% of the straw polls. I would have hoped you had a serious question on Iran or Iraq or Illegal Immigration or the dream act congress is hiding in the apporiations bill or the crashing dollar how people can't afford heathcare or even milk for their children. Not these stupid ass questions so what do you think about being a "internet" sensatation. Time is running out he needs to get aggressive and stop allowing the media trash his name.

Syren123
09-25-2007, 02:54 PM

LOL... sure:

MC: You have a question for Congressman Hunter, caller?
You: Yes I do. Congressman, would you please pass the phone to Dr. Paul? Thank you!

Syren123
09-25-2007, 03:00 PM

Oh absolutely. That is the plan as I understand it from 99% of the people I associate with who support Ron Paul.

This is actually a PERFECT time to reclaim the Republican Party which, if anyone other than Ron gets the nomination, will implode and explode at the same time, flame out and leave just a charred little nub of its former self, which is as it should be. It deserves to be humiliated and destroyed. And then we'll take over :D .

Or...if the Libertarians would get off their infighting and dogmatic rigidity, they could be reincarnated as a viable party - a viable THIRD party which is everyone's big wish supposedly.

Highmesa
09-25-2007, 03:03 PM
LOL... sure:

MC: You have a question for Congressman Hunter, caller?
You: Yes I do. Congressman, would you please pass the phone to Dr. Paul? Thank you!

Congressman, when are you going to drop out and endorse Dr. Paul?

Syren123
09-25-2007, 03:08 PM

You just described me.
It was the same feeling I got after reading "Atlas Shrugged." I was so relieved that I wasn't the only person who thought like that.

Ron Paul Fan
09-25-2007, 03:14 PM

I don't think he needs to say anything different either and I hate it when people say that he needs to stop saying something. He made it clear that he wouldn't run as a 3rd party so it's either the Republican nomination or nothing. He also said what you are describing that liberty is popular. As I've said before, I think Dr. Paul should keep doing what he's doing and if people don't like what he says then they can support someone else or run for President themselves so they can say whatever they want. The message of liberty is resonating loudly amongst people so let's keep it going and rally behind our candidate.

Proemio
09-25-2007, 03:45 PM
I don't think he needs to say anything different either and I hate it when people say that he needs to stop saying something. He made it clear that he wouldn't run as a 3rd party so it's either the Republican nomination or nothing. He also said what you are describing that liberty is popular. As I've said before, I think Dr. Paul should keep doing what he's doing and if people don't like what he says then they can support someone else or run for President themselves so they can say whatever they want. The message of liberty is resonating loudly amongst people so let's keep it going and rally behind our candidate.

99% clear... and independent is not a 3rd party... and...

He would never abandon his supporters if asked, IMO.

All the way is the only way.

RevolutionSD
09-25-2007, 04:22 PM

Great message.
Also add in the fact that he's drawing in many former democrats, as well as independents and 3rd party voters, all of whom will never be polled.

Zydeco
09-25-2007, 04:27 PM
David Shuster hit all the talking points -- "low in the polls," "will you run as a 3rd party candidate when you lose," laughing during Paul's answers.

Every time I see this stuff I know we're going to win!

JosephTheLibertarian
09-25-2007, 04:32 PM
Actually, Romney doesn't have 40,000,000 to spend in Iowa... he doesn't even have that much.

Ron Paul Fan
09-25-2007, 04:36 PM
99% clear... and independent is not a 3rd party... and...

He would never abandon his supporters if asked, IMO.

All the way is the only way.

Shuster: Does that mean you're talking about a 3rd party candidacy in the general election?
Paul: No, I have no intention of doing that.

Pretty clear to me. 3rd party, independent, libertarian he's aint running unless he gets the Republican nomination! It's too hard to compete if you're not one of the 2 major parties nomineees or have billions of dollars like Perot or Bloomberg. Support him now and donate or else it's over and it'll be all our fault. We have to keep on trucking!

speciallyblend
09-25-2007, 05:29 PM
Well,if he doesnt get the nomination in the gop,then you can count me and my wife no longer republicans,we are over both parties

runderwo
09-25-2007, 06:33 PM
I thought this interview was great. If this really was a "tired" Ron Paul "admitting he doesn't stand a chance", then he certainly managed to hide it from my detection...