PDA

View Full Version : Matt Collins In The News

angelatc
07-20-2009, 01:45 PM
Well, a blog on a news site....

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/content/city-voices/post-politics-real-revolution-requires-restraint

And for a movement that, thus far, had only proved it could create a critical mass of Internet trolls who could type 'RON PAUL FOR THE LONG HAUL' in all caps into blog comment sections, it showed some in the political establishment that maybe these crazy Paul types had something to offer, that they were interested in actually influencing the system rather than just making symbolic stands against it.

However, at a recent Davidson County Party picnic, Collins proved this wasn't the case. In a blog post on July 13, Collins recounts an interaction he had with current Congressman and gubernatorial candidate Zach Wamp at that event.

"Several DCRP officers and myself approached [Wamp] near the conclusion of the Picnic because we wanted to discuss HR1207 (Audit the Federal Reserve Act). Representative Wamp extended his hand to me to shake it and I absolutely refused; I am not interested in being friendly towards those who violate the Constitution," wrote Collins.

Wamp apparently had committed the cardinal sin of voting for one of the bailouts of the country's financial institutions back in October. For that, he was refused the courtesy civilized men commonly afford strangers.

Mind you this is not a petulant child or even a college kid who refused the Congressman's handshake but a 27-year-old man — a man who purportedly wants to serve ''the cause of liberty."

Excuse me, but how do you serve the cause of liberty, or any other for that matter, by coming off like an eccentric jerk?

talkingpointes
07-20-2009, 01:51 PM
Normally I am not the worlds biggest fan of Collins but, way to make a stand then get news coverage on top.

sratiug
07-20-2009, 01:51 PM
Good for Matt.

Anti Federalist
07-20-2009, 01:54 PM
From the article:

The Ron Paul movement is certainly not the answer to all that ills the Republican Party, but, at the very least, it is a breath of fresh air. It is a right wing movement that shows youth, vigor and potential for growth. If moderated, if absorbed into the elements of the establishment Right, one could see how it could provide some of the vision and foot soldiering for the GOP's trip out of the wilderness.

If you assimilate into the Borg, if you play nice, if you make sure you say and do and write and act in no way outside the "polite norms", you too will become "mainstream" and be able to partake in all the all benefits that accrue to having that label.

All that it requires is to jettison your soul, your heart and your principles.

*yawn*

Heard this story before, the only reason it's being written is because the hacks are nervous.

Good for Matt.

torchbearer
07-20-2009, 01:55 PM
I wouldn't have shaken the guys hand either.

RideTheDirt
07-20-2009, 02:02 PM
Good job Matt.

He's lucky he didn't spit in his face, like congress does to us every day...

Reason
07-20-2009, 02:02 PM
+1 For Matt

-1 For the blogger

Matt Collins
07-20-2009, 02:03 PM
I'm drafting a response. How did Angelatic hear about this? I was pretty confident this was on the down low at the moment, but word seems to be spreading.

Dorfsmith
07-20-2009, 02:05 PM
LOL, word spreads fast these days. Good job matt. :D

Todd
07-20-2009, 02:08 PM
it showed some in the political establishment that maybe these crazy Paul types had something to offer, that they were interested in actually influencing the system rather than just making symbolic stands against it.

Ya think?

Wow! Just goes to show how out of touch with reality these guys were when all of this started.

Great job Matt!

Sean
http://spectator.org/blog/2009/07/20/how-not-to-start-a-revolution

torchbearer
Congressmen who violate the constitution should get far worse.

Sandman33
07-20-2009, 02:53 PM
Well done Matt.

That article was horrible for trying to condemn you for your actions. That man doesnt deserve to shake your hand. And he's lucky he's not publicly lynched for his actions.

Anti Federalist
07-20-2009, 02:55 PM
I'm drafting a response. How did Angelatic hear about this? I was pretty confident this was on the down low at the moment, but word seems to be spreading.

No crawfishin'...

I'm watching...

specsaregood
07-20-2009, 02:58 PM
If you assimilate into the Borg, if you play nice, if you make sure you say and do and write and act in no way outside the "polite norms", you too will become "mainstream" and be able to partake in all the all benefits that accrue to having that label.

Why won't you all just sell-out damnit!

Good for Matt.
Ditto.

angelatc
07-20-2009, 03:22 PM

I read the whole internet, every minute of every day.

torchbearer
07-20-2009, 03:24 PM

You too?!!!!!! whoa!

Matt Collins
07-21-2009, 12:22 AM
I read the whole internet, every minute of every day.Sometimes I feel like it too.

t0rnado
07-21-2009, 12:34 AM
That's awesome. That Wamp guy doesn't deserve the respect of his constituents if he doesn't respect or even consider their views on the bailouts.

Matt Collins
07-21-2009, 01:17 AM
That's awesome. That Wamp guy doesn't deserve the respect of his constituents if he doesn't respect or even consider their views on the bailouts.What's interesting is that he said he would vote against it, then after a lot of pork got added to it, he decided to vote for it.

specsaregood
07-21-2009, 01:20 AM
What's interesting is that he said he would vote against it, then after a lot of pork got added to it, he decided to vote for it.

So have you posted a public reply somewhere?

anaconda
07-21-2009, 01:26 AM
Alright Matt!

Matt Collins
07-21-2009, 01:37 AM
So have you posted a public reply somewhere?Working on it... hopefully by noon.

Optatron
07-21-2009, 02:28 AM

we're everywhere, expect us

LATruth
07-21-2009, 03:05 AM

zomg Angelatc is echelon!!!

Matt Collins
07-21-2009, 09:18 AM
zomg Angelatc is echelon!!!Echelon is sooooooo 2003 ;)

johnrocks
07-21-2009, 09:22 AM
+1 Matt, perhaps if more would be "uncivil" those yahoos in DC would get the message.

krazy kaju
07-21-2009, 10:19 AM
The blogger is painting himself into a corner like an idiot. He is truly winning Americans to our side by justifying mass theft of the American public.

Aratus
07-21-2009, 10:26 AM
Matt...

ESCHELON is still
up and running...
trust me... we all
don't blithely make
ESCHELON jokes...

there was a sigh~borg
interface in richard cheney's
old 'darth vader" suit that
activates when he or eschelon
is talked about in a negative way...

Aratus
07-21-2009, 10:29 AM
Echelon is sooooooo 2003 ;)

matt collins, you izzz a YOUNG whippersnapper.
don't be so flip or glib. not shaking a local guy's hand
is one thing. making flip remarks about ESCHELON
is a totally different ballgame inside a LARGER ballpark...:eek:

Matt Collins
07-21-2009, 10:46 AM
Matt...

ESCHELON is still
up and running...
trust me... we all
don't blithely make
ESCHELON jokes...

there was a sigh~borg
interface in richard cheney's
old 'darth vader" suit that
activates when he or eschelon
is talked about in a negative way...
I just have to ask... do you use any recreational drugs? :confused:

Aratus
07-21-2009, 10:51 AM
matt... i usually drink a morning cup of java

ESCHELON still sorts thru 1 billion thru-puts of pure bytes each day

cautionary word... do NOT question ESCHELON!

you either pull the plug totally on the giant gizmo or

you totally IGNOR the same. ESHCELON is NSA and ongoing...

Aratus
07-21-2009, 10:52 AM
GOTO the naval observatory building thread
and STUDY any arcane talk about richard cheney's
darth vader suit. cheney was and is WIRED!

Aratus
07-21-2009, 11:03 AM
GOTO http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=192838&page=3

specsaregood
07-21-2009, 11:40 AM
Working on it... hopefully by noon.

/me checks his watch. Did I miss it? If not, take your time or just ignore it all together. I'd say you accomplished your goals.

Keith and stuff
07-21-2009, 12:37 PM
It seems like mostly positive free publicity to me. I mean, if the worst think you can say about someone is that they refused to sign the hand of a man that violated an oath he swore to uphold, the man must not be all that bad.

Good Matt and good work on getting the free coverage! I don't expect much out of TN, but if something positive happened, Matt might be just the man to make it happen.

jmdrake
07-21-2009, 01:07 PM
It seems like mostly positive free publicity to me. I mean, if the worst think you can say about someone is that they refused to sign the hand of a man that violated an oath he swore to uphold, the man must not be all that bad.

Good Matt and good work on getting the free coverage! I don't expect much out of TN, but if something positive happened, Matt might be just the man to make it happen.

Why? Cause we're a small state? That's our advantage. We can glide under the radar. Our state has already passed a sovereignty bill and a bill challenging fed regulation of intrastate gun commerce. And don't forget it was a Tennessean that killed the last federal bank. ;)

georgiaboy
07-21-2009, 01:29 PM
^and you border Georgia, so you got that going for ya. :)

jmdrake
07-21-2009, 01:30 PM
My comment to the blog:

The cause of liberty isn't served by compromising principle for the sake of party or personality either. Nor did the founding fathers act with the "restraint" you crave so much. Nor did Tennessee's on Andrew Jackson who lead the charge to end the federal reserve of his day.

The sad fact is that Wamp did betray the constitution and his own party by voting for the bailout. So did John McCain. So did Lamar Alexander and Bob Corker. And yes, so did many democrats like Jim Cooper. Over 90% of the American people were against this bailout. It was, and clearly is, anti free market and against the best interest of this nation. If I was wallowing in debt I wouldn't "solve" my problems by getting another credit card. But that's exactly what this bailout did. I went to talk to Cooper's people before the vote. By the end of the conversation they were agreeing with me. (Cooper still voted for it anyway). But they added "Well you need to go across the block and talk to Alexander and Corker". You know what? They were RIGHT!

Now this next comment is directed squarely at Mr. bhaddock. As a vice chair of the Chattanooga Tea Party have you been careful to keep the meetings true to the original non-partisan nature of the Tea Party, or have you allowed it to become a GOP rally? At the last Tea Party I went to there was a taped message played from Newt Gingrich. Newt SUPPORTED the Bush bailout. Newt also cut a commercial with Nancy Pelosi pushing the whole global warming scam. Ironically this Tea Party was right after the traitorous house vote on that issue. I realize this wasn't in Chattanooga so that's why I'm asking you what is going on there.

The bottom line is that we can't win our country back by blindly "going along to get along". I doubt if Zack Wamp had taken a vote that was an anathema to the pro life movement that there would be all of this hand wringing about "restraint". Again, 90% of Americans were against the bailout. If all would put aside there differences and for once vote their conscience on this one issue we'd have our country back.

Matt Collins
07-21-2009, 01:49 PM
^and you border Georgia, so you got that going for ya. :)Why does the St John's River in Florida flow north?!

Because Georgia sucks!!! ;):p:p:p:p :):cool:

(j/k of course)

Matt Collins
07-21-2009, 02:27 PM
Here is my response:

[/URL][url]http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=2221413 (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=2221413)

Matt Collins
07-21-2009, 10:38 PM
My comment to the blog:Mr. Drake, you are a gentleman and a scholar :)

Matt Collins
07-21-2009, 10:39 PM
It seems like mostly positive free publicity to me.;);););)

I mean, if the worst think you can say about someone is that they refused to sign the hand of a man that violated an oath he swore to uphold, the man must not be all that bad.

Good Matt and good work on getting the free coverage! I don't expect much out of TN, but if something positive happened, Matt might be just the man to make it happen.Thanks for your compliments.

Matt Collins
07-21-2009, 10:41 PM
/me checks his watch. Did I miss it? If not, take your time or just ignore it all together. I'd say you accomplished your goals.Thanks. Yeah it was just tough. I got a bit distracted by the real world last night and didn't sit down and get it all hammered out. And I kept trying to get it done early today but all of these other distractions kept popping up. And with something like this I wanted to ensure I took my time to get it right even if it was released a few hours later than desired.

amy31416
07-21-2009, 10:43 PM
I know with this love-fest going on, this statement won't be popular: I do not trust you, Matt Collins.

You remind me of Karl Rove.

Matt Collins
07-22-2009, 09:48 AM
I know with this love-fest going on, this statement won't be popular: I do not trust you, Matt Collins.

You remind me of Karl Rove.Ha ha ha... I find that kind of humorous. But I must ask why I remind you of Karl Rove!?!?!:confused::confused::confused::confused:: confused::confused: lol...

amy31416
07-26-2009, 10:32 PM
Ha ha ha... I find that kind of humorous. But I must ask why I remind you of Karl Rove!?!?!:confused::confused::confused::confused:: confused::confused: lol...

Karl Rove's fascination with politics started out with Barry Goldwater. He obviously does not have the principles of Goldwater any longer, but became a complete opportunist in the GOP.

You remind me of him because you also have become active in politics because of someone who is for freedom, but I think that, like Rove, you'll abandon them as soon as you get a position of power. The reason I believe that is because of your actions and your words.

It's not funny. Quite frankly, it's repulsive. I think your feigned confusion is disturbing. Are you smart or not? Don't play stupid when it suits you.

dr. hfn
07-26-2009, 11:15 PM
good job matt!

Matt Collins
07-26-2009, 11:34 PM
Karl Rove's fascination with politics started out with Barry Goldwater. Interesting... I had no idea.

You remind me of him because you also have become active in politics because of someone who is for freedom, but I think that, like Rove, you'll abandon them as soon as you get a position of power. The reason I believe that is because of your actions and your words.And now you can see the future? :confused: You are accusing me of something I haven't even done? :rolleyes: Why don't you just call it "pre-crime"?

You assume that just because I get a title or status or some notoriety that I'm going to abandon my principles?!?!?!?! HELLO - that's the very thing we're fighting against or have you forgotten that?

Ask the People in Nashville and Orlando who know me... and even those in DC....until you get to know me in person you might consider keeping your unfounded and accusatory opinions to yourself because you don't have a clue of what you are talking about, and your ignorance (which is verging on an attack by the way) is blatant.