PDA

View Full Version : Status on BJ Lawson

Young Paleocon
07-20-2009, 01:20 PM
Has he declared if he is going to run again for 2010?

AdamT
07-20-2009, 01:28 PM
Last I heard he was planning on it. They saved all their campaign signs from last time for that reason.

Todd
07-20-2009, 01:34 PM
I tried in vain to convince a friend in Chapel Hill to support him. He wouldn't even take a look at him because of the Republican thing next to his name. You see......he's a DEMOCRAT.
That area of NC is a tough place if your not a friggin' PROGRESSIVE.

He got trounced in the general election and he raised more funds than typical Republican's do. That's the most discoraged I was during last years elections. Not that he lost, but by how much.

Young Paleocon
07-20-2009, 01:55 PM
Don't fear Todd I really think BJ would have a shot this year in particular. Price won't be able to ride the Obama wave this election, the Tea parties and general outrage will help boost BJ's vote totals, and his campaign should have a list of donors not to mention better name recognition and more fire to draw against Price for voting for the War supp., stimulus, cap and trade, etc... Also look at the vote totals of 2006 and 2008 in the 4th district, those numbers alone mean that there is enough Reps and Indys to vote in BJ. So I don't think all hope is lost.

pacelli
07-20-2009, 02:51 PM
I tried in vain to convince a friend in Chapel Hill to support him. He wouldn't even take a look at him because of the Republican thing next to his name. You see......he's a DEMOCRAT.
That area of NC is a tough place if your not a friggin' PROGRESSIVE.

He got trounced in the general election and he raised more funds than typical Republican's do. That's the most discoraged I was during last years elections. Not that he lost, but by how much.

Chapel Hill, NC, the liberal capital of the state. Just ask your friend to tell you 3 benefits that David Price has done in the last 10 years. The rat bastard doesn't show his face until there's an election. I live here. Didn't even know what he looked like until I received one of his mailers, 2 weeks before the election.

In my precinct, Price won by just 4 votes. 4.