PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Fans Are Dating Themselves

bobbyw24
07-20-2009, 04:20 AM
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/reliable-source/2009/07/rs-ronpaul20.html

Ron Paul Fans Are Dating Themselves

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/photo/reliablesource/ST_RONPAUL.jpg

Young Ron Paul supporters in Minneapolis for the Republican national convention last summer. Are they on RonPaulSingles.com yet? (Ricky Carioti/The Washington Post)

Are you a small-government patriot looking for love? ISO that special libertarian somebody who enjoys red wine, laughter, walking on the beach and upholding the U.S. Constitution?

Well, you're in luck: The Ron Paul Revolution has hit online dating.

The Republican congressman from Texas, whose libertarian insurgency enlivened the 2008 presidential race, is the inspiration behind the new Web dating service RonPaulSingles.com. "We put the LOVE in Revolution," the site proclaims.

Ron Paul, Doctor of Love (Bizuayehu Tesfaye/Bloomberg News)

While the online dating industry long ago spawned niches for certain ideologies or other affinities, this was the first site we'd heard of based on a specific politician. But Paul was no ordinary long-shot candidate; the fervor of his young followers pushed him further than his paltry name-recognition and campaign funds would predict. Paul has no involvement in the Web site, but sounded kind of tickled by the whole thing in an e-mail exchange with our colleague Mary Ann Akers.

"I never thought I'd speak to crowds of 5,000 college kids chanting 'End the Fed' and burning Federal Reserve notes, so I guess nothing surprises me that much anymore," Paul wrote to Akers. "I suppose it's all about Freedom bringing people together -- spiritually, politically, and now, romantically. ... And, I've always been sympathetic to the slogan 'make love, not war.' "

As of Sunday, the site featured nearly 200 profiles from singles across the country, more than three-quarters of them (check it out, ladies!) from men.

Cael51 describes himself as a "freedom loving government teacher," age 29, while Californio, 26, declared "anyone that loves Ron Paul is implicitly awesome in my book." Chrisforliberty posted a photo of himself with Michael Badnarik, the 2004 Libertarian candidate for president. Atxgrrl loves "cats, camping, Christians, family and liberty," hates "living in a city surrounded by liberals."

There's a "freedom loving guy looking to take his country back and looking for a nice lady to join me in that battle." Maybe he'll click with ladyliberty, who wants "to meet another freedom-loving, libertarian-minded patriot that is as equally demanding of economic AND personal liberty. I'm in this fight for the long haul."

By The Reliable Source | July 20, 2009; 1:03 AM ET
Share This: E-Mail | Technorati | Del.icio.us | Digg | Stumble Previous: 'Real World' Producer Ruins Glory's Day

Objectivist
07-20-2009, 04:23 AM
Does that site cater to homosexuals as well?

0zzy
07-20-2009, 04:27 AM

yes. but no one seems to use the site despite the coverage.

but, may I just add, those girls in the picture are cuteeee. anyone have the name of the short hair gal cheering for freedom? :)

Objectivist
07-20-2009, 04:34 AM
yes. but no one seems to use the site despite the coverage.

but, may I just add, those girls in the picture are cuteeee. anyone have the name of the short hair gal cheering for freedom? :)

Well that's good to hear, nice that they are an inclusive site.

Time for Change
07-20-2009, 06:12 AM
Still think the media is not paying attention?

If they picked up on this tidbit, they have surely seen our thousands of examples of DC crooks fleecing the American people...yet they remain silent on the truly critical issues.

This yet again confirms that a whole lot of selective reporting is going on...treasonous treacherous and despicable.

speciallyblend
07-20-2009, 08:35 AM

they do not need a site. they already have a well connected group called the log cabin republicans. when we went to the cogop convention. there seemed to be a love connect between 2 log cabin republicans in the parking lot next to my car;)

was kinda of funny actually:)
they didn't seem to care i was next to them as they discussed their poles;)

being a Ron Paul Republican i let them be. Liberty for all even in a car in a parking lot;)

acptulsa
07-20-2009, 09:09 AM
Am I the only one who finds it very odd that they say 'dating themselves' rather than 'dating each other'? It's subtle, but feels like a jab to me.

Kludge
07-20-2009, 09:13 AM
Am I the only one who finds it very odd that they say 'dating themselves' rather than 'dating each other'? It's subtle, but feels like a jab to me.

"political inbreeding" came to mind.

acptulsa
07-20-2009, 09:17 AM
"political inbreeding" came to mind.

Seems to me the headline was designed that way--or to make it sound as much as possible like they're talking about masterbation, I'm not sure which. In any case, it smells of slant. Certainly it smacks of 'you, dear reader, and your beloved newspaper staff are 'us' and those Paul supporters will always be 'them'.' And it may be deniable, but it really isn't all that subtle.

MsDoodahs
07-20-2009, 09:18 AM

Exactly.

Stary Hickory
07-20-2009, 10:10 AM
Oh Jesus stop the inbreeding! It will make us all nuts

Natalie
07-20-2009, 10:13 AM
Ron Paul supporters make the best boyfriends/girlfriends :)

heavenlyboy34
07-20-2009, 11:25 AM

I'll have to keep shopping for one then. ;):)

Kludge
07-20-2009, 11:27 AM
I'll have to keep shopping for one then. ;):)

Your fiat currency is worth less and less every day.

Anti Federalist
07-20-2009, 12:36 PM

Oh, damn!

That shit was cold.

http://cpeople.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/laughing1.jpg

axiomata
07-20-2009, 02:30 PM
Funny comment from marginalrevolution.com.

"Big Governments oppressive strictures [sic] against polyandry will keep Ronpaulsingles.com from reaching its full commercial potential, I'm afraid."

zach
07-20-2009, 02:33 PM

QFT.

:cool:

torchbearer
07-20-2009, 02:41 PM

true.

eduardo89
07-20-2009, 06:09 PM

Never had one :(

My gf voted for obama...

heavenlyboy34
07-20-2009, 06:25 PM

I know how to barter! ;):D:cool:

heavenlyboy34
07-20-2009, 06:26 PM
Oh Jesus stop the inbreeding! It will make us all nuts

We have inbreeders here? :eek: That would explain several people! ;) lolz