PDA

View Full Version : Lets ruin O'Reilly's career

njandrewg
09-25-2007, 11:15 AM
http://digg.com/offbeat_news/MP3_Bill_O_Reilly_Racist_Comments_transcript_in_fi rst_comment

I think black Americans are starting to think more and more for themselves.

And we went to Sylvia’s, a very famous restaurant in Harlem. I had a great time, and all the people up there are tremendously respectful.

And I couldn’t get over the fact that there was no difference between Sylvia’s restaurant and any other restaurant in New York City. I mean, it was exactly
the same, even though it’s run by blacks, primarily black patronship.

There wasn’t one person in Sylvia’s who was screaming, “M-Fer, I want more iced tea.”

You know, I mean, everybody was — it was like going into an Italian restaurant in an all-white suburb in the sense of people were sitting there, and they were ordering and having fun. And there wasn’t any kind of craziness at all.

This is so much worse than the Imus comments

constituent
09-25-2007, 11:16 AM
no way... bill o' said that?

that's some sick shit right there.

ghemminger
09-25-2007, 11:16 AM
Sorry to Say his Ratings feed off the kind o sh@#

njandrewg
09-25-2007, 11:17 AM
go to the digg post there is an mp3

I already contacted Sharpton and Keith Olberman

njandrewg
09-25-2007, 11:18 AM
Sorry to Say his Ratings feed off the kind o sh@#
Don Imus begs to differ

remaxjon
09-25-2007, 11:19 AM
They did a big segment about this on opie and anthony this morning. They tore Bill O apart it was great

constituent
09-25-2007, 11:20 AM
Don Imus begs to differ

for now... wait until his comeback show.

really making a big deal out of this is race bating... sorry to say.
this just shows the total lack of decent character on bill o's part

james1906
09-25-2007, 11:24 AM
Perhaps he should be fired just so he can get out more.

erowe1
09-25-2007, 11:25 AM
I must be missing it. Looks like O'Reilly only said nice things.

Mordechai Vanunu
09-25-2007, 11:28 AM
Dugg.

hopeforamerica
Listen to the clip. I think he was trying to be nice. Not that I'm a fan of his. I can't stand him. But those quotes above were taken out of context.

hard@work
I'm not seeing it either. Unless you mean that he referenced the stereotype that black people say the word "motherfucker" a lot. In which case I'm glad he brought it up to that audience, as it's not the case at all. So he said that black folks are A-ok and just like us white people. This is bad how?

njandrewg
09-25-2007, 11:29 AM
thats what we call condescending racism.

cujothekitten
09-25-2007, 11:29 AM

The point is that he's surprised that a black owned restaurant was acting civically... as if most black owned restaurant are full of thugs and morons.

philipsantamaria
09-25-2007, 11:30 AM
Nice things? You serious? He's amazed that black people can run a restaurant just as well as white people....

Did he just arrive here from 1932? Guy is a raging racist p.o.s.

BillyDkid
09-25-2007, 11:31 AM
http://digg.com/offbeat_news/MP3_Bill_O_Reilly_Racist_Comments_transcript_in_fi rst_comment

This is so much worse than the Imus commentsThere is seriously somethng wrong with this man. I believe he is mentally ill on top of being incredibly stupid and corrupt. Look, if his obscene phones messages and intimidation of his producer didn't do him in nothing will. I wish to God we had an Edward R. Murrow out there somewhere. Just once decent, powerful and influencial mainstream person willing to stand up for the truth.

reduen
09-25-2007, 11:35 AM
As much as I hate too say it, Bill O is a very smart man. He is probably just trying to boost ratings or something. The way to get him "fired" is too get everyone to quit watching him...

transistor
09-25-2007, 11:36 AM
someone contact Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton

remaxjon
09-25-2007, 11:37 AM
As much as I hate too say it, Bill O is a very smart man. He is probably just trying to boost ratings or something. The way to get him "fired" is too get everyone to quit watching him...

THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT IS FACT

Bill O thinks he is smart and is a good speaker which makes some think he is smart. Bill O is not smart and never has been

Marceline88
09-25-2007, 11:39 AM
I am afraid that most Bill O fans will not be outraged by his ignorant and condescending tone.....as many of them are just as ignorant. I know my grandparents watch him religiously, they think Bush is a god and they tell "black jokes" around the dinner table.

OptionsTrader
09-25-2007, 11:41 AM
Rainbow Push Coalition, contact info:

http://www.rainbowpush.org/about/contact.html

erowe1
09-25-2007, 11:44 AM
Those of you who are saying that O'Reilly was surprised or amazed that blacks are nice, could you point out the part of the quote where he says he's surprised?

Maybe you people are supporting the wrong presidential candidate. It seems like you're all hyper politically correct advocates of hate crimes laws who think that we should punish people not only for what they actually do but also for what we think they were thinking about when they did it.

JMann
09-25-2007, 11:46 AM
Was that Bill or Joe Biden?

Why would you want to ruin someone's career over expressing and opinion?

erowe1
09-25-2007, 11:48 AM
Good point, JMann, this is a lot like the Biden comments about Obama being articulate. It's no better and no worse. It will cause a slight stir and O'Reilly will clarify himself and before you know it, it will be yesterday's news and nobody will care. Those of you who think this comment is going to get O'Reilly fired are getting your panties in a wad over nothing. Ain't gonna happen.

hells_unicorn
09-25-2007, 12:00 PM
I dugg it because people should know about the story and make their own determinations. I will allow others to handle the contacting of groups and the such because I don't believe in supporting any kind of racial double-standards, including punishing a Neo-Con for an offense that their Neo-Lib brethren get away with on a daily basis.

Danny Molina
09-25-2007, 12:03 PM
Was that Bill or Joe Biden?

Why would you want to ruin someone's career over expressing and opinion?

He's part of the fox news propaganda machine. The sooner they're gone the better. The only reason they still exist is because their viewers have no minds of their own and want political beliefs spoon fed to them.

All O'Reilly does is complain about how immoral our society is. People have complained about the same things generation after generation. He's just angry because he had to age.

1000-points-of-fright
Man, you guys are no better than the PC crowd. Just looking for something to get offended by and pin it on someone you hate.

Perhaps you should listen to the whole mp3. He's actually decrying the fact that hip-hop gangsta pop culture is overpowering the real African American culture in the mainstream's consciousness.

He wasn't really surprised by any of it. It was sarcasm to illustrate a point.

Nefertiti
For all we know, he could have been pointing out to clueless white people that their stereotypes are wrong. I live in a mixed race neighborhood and am white and I always tell other white people I prefer the restaurants with lots of black patrons over the whites because they have better food and better service, and that is because in my experience the patrons are a good sign that I will like the restaurant. I usually regret it when I eat some place that is popular with the white university crowd.

In addition, if I walk down the streets here, strange black men will say hello just to be friendly. White men NEVER will even give me the time of day.

If anything, these things reflect badly on the whites around here, not the blacks.

Ridiculous
09-25-2007, 12:07 PM
Those of you who are saying that O'Reilly was surprised or amazed that blacks are nice, could you point out the part of the quote where he says he's surprised?

Maybe you people are supporting the wrong candidate. I seems like you're all hyper politically correct advocates of hate crimes laws who think that we should punish people not only for what they actually do but also for what we think they were thinking about when they did it.

I don't think anyone is calling for him to get arrested for a hate crime. In a free society there is nothing wrong with individuals calling some asshole out on what they said to try to get them fired. It is just when the government starts censoring people that we have a problem.

hard@work
09-25-2007, 12:07 PM
For all we know, he could have been pointing out to clueless white people that their stereotypes are wrong.

Seems so to me.

Delaware
09-25-2007, 12:08 PM
I bet O'Reilly knows that Ron Paul is correct, and probably supports all of his positions, but do to the fact that his audience are neo-cons and the whole party is mostly neo-cons he doesnt care about ron Paul

erowe1
09-25-2007, 12:13 PM
I have something very important to contribute to this conversation:

I think Ron Paul supporters are starting to think more and more for themselves.

And we went to Bubba’s, a very famous restaurant in Lake Jackson. I had a great time, and all the people up there are tremendously respectful.

And I couldn’t get over the fact that there was no difference between Bubba’s restaurant and any other restaurant in Texas. I mean, it was exactly
the same, even though it’s run by Ron Paul Supporters, primarily Ron Paul supporting patronship.

There wasn’t one person in Bubba’s who was screaming, “Impeach Bush! I want more iced tea.”

You know, I mean, everybody was — it was like going into an Italian restaurant in an all-neocon suburb in the sense of people were sitting there, and they were ordering and having fun. And there wasn’t any kind of craziness at all.

There. Now I guess some of you will try to kick me off the forum.

hard@work
09-25-2007, 12:15 PM
There. Now I guess some of you will try to kick me off the forum.

Only if you keep trolling.

;-)

JMann
09-25-2007, 12:30 PM
He's part of the fox news propaganda machine. The sooner they're gone the better. The only reason they still exist is because their viewers have no minds of their own and want political beliefs spoon fed to them.

All O'Reilly does is complain about how immoral our society is. People have complained about the same things generation after generation. He's just angry because he had to age.

Let us silence people with opinions different than our own. That doesn't sound like a good idea to me. I'm also sure there are very intelligent people that watch Fox News. I know I much prefer that station over MSNBC and CNN. Personally, I don't watch any cable news programming anymore because they all filter to push their perspective.

It also seems to me that the statement were very positive in nature when speaking of how well run the business he visited was operated.

Danny Molina
09-25-2007, 12:33 PM
Let us silence people with opinions different than our own. That doesn't sound like a good idea to me. I'm also sure there are very intelligent people that watch Fox News. I know I much prefer that station over MSNBC and CNN. Personally, I don't watch any cable news programming anymore because they all filter to push their perspective.

His neo-con opinion is affecting and hurting our country. Sure he has the right to say what he feels I kust wish so many mindless idiots did not take his word for gospel.

JMann
09-25-2007, 12:35 PM
His neo-con opinion is affecting and hurting our country. Sure he has the right to say what he feels I kust wish so many mindless idiots did not take his word for gospel.

So let us just silence the people that Danny boy feels like is hurting the country by his neo-con (good come up with something slightly original please) views. Have you considered starting a dictatorship in Danny boy land?

Danny Molina
09-25-2007, 12:37 PM
So let us just silence the people that Danny boy feels like is hurting the country by his neo-con (good come up with something slightly original please) views. Have you considered starting a dictatorship in Danny boy land?

You'd be in prison by now.:D

born2drv
09-25-2007, 12:53 PM
wrong thread, sorry

OceanMachine7
09-25-2007, 12:54 PM
O'Reilly video on the front page of cnn.com now.

slantedview
09-25-2007, 12:57 PM
O'Reilly video on the front page of cnn.com now.

Yep:

"Bill O'Reilly: Blacks starting to think"

Let's ruin him.

JMann
09-25-2007, 12:58 PM
You'd be in prison by now.:D

Just make sure it is a Iranian prison so I can be safe.

awigo50
09-25-2007, 01:00 PM
Aren't their better things to do than worry about O'Reilly's career?

Like, oh, I dunno... Going out on a limb here... maybe trying to support ron paul instead? :rolleyes:

erowe1
09-25-2007, 01:00 PM
If I had been one of the people who thought this was a big deal, and then I saw that CNN was covering the story, I'd be ashamed of the fact that my thought processes resemble those that populate the CNN newsroom. Fortunately, instead of that, I took the right side of this issue the minute I saw this silly thread.

slantedview
09-25-2007, 01:01 PM
Aren't their better things to do than worry about O'Reilly's career?

Like, oh, I dunno... Going out on a limb here... maybe trying to support ron paul instead? :rolleyes:
I can spare 5 seconds to dig an article, and another 20 seconds later on in the day to mention to some friends about the O'Reilly incident.

aksmith
09-25-2007, 01:05 PM

Yes, he almost seemed to come right out and say that Blacks, when they want to, can behave just like Whites. Could have knocked me over with a feather. Did anyone else on this board suspect that Black people could behave themselves in public? :-)

O'Reilly is not just a tool, he's an entire toolbox.

aksmith
09-25-2007, 01:09 PM

Maybe you people are supporting the wrong presidential candidate. It seems like you're all hyper politically correct advocates of hate crimes laws who think that we should punish people not only for what they actually do but also for what we think they were thinking about when they did it.

Yeah, what O'Reilly said was probably innocent, and although condescending as heck, is probably no big deal. But as unfair as this man is to his guests, such as mis characterizing Dr. Paul's voting record and statements, then not giving him even a split second to respond meaningfully, he doesn't necessarily deserve fairness in return.

He is a coward and a bully and on top of all that, he is one of the most ignorant humans on the planet. And although what he did may have been minor, bullies don't get the benefit of the doubt in my estimation.

RP08
09-25-2007, 01:11 PM
Bill O'Reilly's statements aside...

... I absolutely cannot STAND Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, or any of those other racist camera-hogs.

Yes, they'd be all over comments like this, like they were all over Imus and the Duke La Cross players. That's what they do... Show up when it's heated and scream foul until the media's gone, then without hesitation or apology slink back to their little media caves where they make FAR worse racial comments of their own.

r3volution
09-25-2007, 01:45 PM
Al Sharpton & Jesse Jackson are nothing more than a black version of bill . they do nothing but race bait for profit , in fact Sharpton keeps in touch with bill on a regular basis .

KewlRonduderules
09-25-2007, 01:49 PM
Looks like news is already getting out:

http://rawstory.com//news/2007/Black_radio_host_slams_OReilly_Harlem_0925.html

1000-points-of-fright
09-25-2007, 02:12 PM
Perhaps if O'Reilly had said it in a silly incredulous voice, people would understand what he was trying to say.

No, probably not. When it comes to politics, people only hear what they want to hear.

Mordechai Vanunu
09-26-2007, 12:35 AM
Good job, this made it to the front page top 10.

EvilEngineer
09-26-2007, 12:51 AM
Lol. Olberman just gave Bill'O, the Worse and Worst person in the world today. Two honors in one day. Bill'O has been a naughty boy. Where's the shotgun to spank him with?

DataSage
09-26-2007, 01:48 AM
I've little tolerance for PC media, so I could care less what Mr. O said.